+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help.............Its very Urgent

isha80

Dec 4, 2009
I have an urgent question:-

I have calculated my points as follows :-

1. Age - 10 (I am 100% sure abt. this)
2. IELTS - 12 (S-7, R - 6.0, L - 7, W-6.5)
3. Education - 25 (I have done B.Com from Delhi University (regular) & M.Com from Delhi University (correspondence) while nothing is mentioned in the degree that it is correspondence) This is the reason I have calculated 25 points
4. Exp in NOC - 21 (it is more than 4 years)
5. Adaptability - 3 (spouse - 12th + 1.5 years apprenticeship training from a pvt. Hotel)

The apprenticeship is from a pvt. hotel. Actually he joined Poosa ITI Institure and because of their recommendation, he did this apprenticeship. If I am not eligibel for 3 points and also my correspondence m.com will not considered then i will have no choice rather than re-apprearing in IELTS.

Though without taking spouse points, I have 68 points. But for safer side (due to correspondence M.com), I am taking his points.

Please give your valuable advice. Do I eligible for atleast 67 points. I do not have any consultant

ISHA

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha80 said:

3. Education - 25 (I have done B.Com from Delhi University (regular) & M.Com from Delhi University (correspondence) while nothing is mentioned in the degree that it is correspondence) This is the reason I have calculated 25 points. If total years of education becomes 17 years alongwith M.com then 25, other wise 22.
4. Exp in NOC - 21 (it is more than 4 years) 5. Adaptability - 3 (spouse - 12th + 1.5 years apprenticeship training from a pvt. Hotel)

The apprenticeship is from a pvt. hotel. Actually he joined Poosa ITI Institure and because of their recommendation, he did this apprenticeship. If I am not eligibel for 3 points and also my correspondence m.com will not considered then i will have no choice rather than re-apprearing in IELTS. Only 12th years is enough to claim 3 points.

Though without taking spouse points, I have 68 points. But for safer side (due to correspondence M.com), I am taking his points.

Please give your valuable advice. Do I eligible for atleast 67 points. I do not have any consultant

ISHA

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
U r passed buddy , u will get 25 marks for ur degree, as it is from recognized institute, no need to give IELTS exam, Cheers

Stay bleesed

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
isha80 said:

3. Education - 25 (I have done B.Com from Delhi University (regular) & M.Com from Delhi University (correspondence) while nothing is mentioned in the degree that it is correspondence) This is the reason I have calculated 25 points
4. Exp in NOC - 21 (it is more than 4 years)
5. Adaptability - 3 (spouse - 12th + 1.5 years apprenticeship training from a pvt. Hotel)

The apprenticeship is from a pvt. hotel. Actually he joined Poosa ITI Institure and because of their recommendation, he did this apprenticeship. If I am not eligibel for 3 points and also my correspondence m.com will not considered then i will have no choice rather than re-apprearing in IELTS.

ISHA
As per knowledge u are on borderline.
10+12+20+21+3=66...
Do not count your MCOm as it is thru correspondence(though it is accepatable, but dunno take risk),
You can Improve by scoring high in IELTS. i.e 14 or 16.

Thats my opinion, there may be others who can add...

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Isha.

Which NOC is 21? can you ellaborate?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Isha.

Which NOC is 21? can you ellaborate?
It is not an NOC. I think what it means is that on the NOC that he applied on, he has 4 or more years of experience , and has thus awarded himself 21 points.

BobbyB

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am quoting from instruction guide
"Points are awarded for earned educational credentials as well as the number of years of full-time studies or full-time equivalent studies. To be awarded points, you must meet both stated criteria.
Full-time studies: At least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year. This includes any period of workplace training that forms part of the course.
Full-time equivalent studies: If you completed a program of study on a part-time or accelerated basis, count the length of time it would have taken to complete the program on a full-time basis."

Since CHC will do a background check and will ask for transcripts in sealed envolope it is not safe to assume that they will not discover that M Com was corrospondence. To be on safer side award yourself 20 in education and retake IELTS, just two points improvement can gaurantee you that minimum score for sure

isha80

Dec 4, 2009
Hi Ankit,
As you have stated below :-

Full-time equivalent studies: If you completed a program of study on a part-time or accelerated basis, count the length of time it would have taken to complete the program on a full-time basis."

It means correspondence study should also be for the same period of time. As my M.Com was for two years on correspondence basis, Regular was also for 2 years and exams were held on same date & period.
Now what do you suggest. Will it be ok
Isha

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
I think your MCom will do

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isha, this is my personal opinion and I am no expert. What I am trying to convey is to be sure and safe. You may still sail through but there is an element of doubt.

I feel Part time study is like you do MBA part time in 3 years. If you would have done it full time it would have taken you two years so count two years for education. But if you do correspondence it is not part time study. I feel there are chances that you may not get enough points during detailed background check phase.

In your case it is matter of taking IELTS again and getting 2 more points than last time. So I will recommend to be on safe side.

PMM, Leon, rupeshhari what do you advise

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isha I was reading one of the docs refered in the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-october-2009-applicants-t28000.570.html on page 39 and this is what the doc said

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor’s degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials."

It means your M- Com degree may just take you through