+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: Incorrect Detail in Family Information Form (IMM5707)

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi All.

I applied for my Canada Work Permit in 2016 and got approved and have been living here since 2016 on work permit. Recently I applied for PR and submitted the family details there. However, after submitting my application I realized that the DOB of both my parents were incorrect in the form which I used to apply the Visa back in 2016. So, there is a discrepancy in what I submitted for PR compared to what was submitted when i applied for Visa back in 2016. Will this be an issue? Please advise on what to do now.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi All.

I applied for my Canada Work Permit in 2016 and got approved and have been living here since 2016 on work permit. Recently I applied for PR and submitted the family details there. However, after submitting my application I realized that the DOB of both my parents were incorrect in the form which I used to apply the Visa back in 2016. So, there is a discrepancy in what I submitted for PR compared to what was submitted when i applied for Visa back in 2016. Will this be an issue? Please advise on what to do now.
No I don’t think so this is any issue. Don’t worry you will be fine .

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Hi All.

I would recommend just submit webform with the correct dates just incase

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
No I don’t think so this is any issue. Don’t worry you will be fine .
Thanks. I am worried that if they compare it to the ones that I had provided 4 years back as it will be confusing for them.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I would recommend just submit webform with the correct dates just incase
as of now I am applying for my Visa Renewal (based on my WP). While doing that, can i just provide the updated IMM5707 so that the details match.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks. I am worried that if they compare it to the ones that I had provided 4 years back as it will be confusing for them.
No mistakes happens. You can send webform with correct dates and attach a small letter of explanation about issue. You should be fine don’t overthink man.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
as of now I am applying for my Visa Renewal (based on my WP). While doing that, can i just provide the updated IMM5707 so that the details match.
Make sure you put correct dates which matches on their passport. You can add letter of explanation with application and you should be fine bud.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Make sure you put correct dates which matches on their passport. You can add letter of explanation with application and you should be fine bud.
Thank you so much. They don't have passport yet and have the national identification document. But in future their passport will be based on this document.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you so much. They don't have passport yet and have the national identification document. But in future their passport will be based on this document.
Yes make sure you put correct dates which matches their identification documents because you have to sponsor them
In future. Just add a small LOE with application about DOB .This is small issue, don’t worry.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Yes make sure you put correct dates which matches their identification documents because you have to sponsor them
In future. Just add a small LOE with application about DOB .This is small issue, don’t worry.
Thank you so much.

Ria khan

Apr 17, 2023
Hello, I’m pr in Canada. My brother is applying for student visa. With his documents everything is according to my parents documents like passport and birth certificates but I have some spelling mistakes on my parents name. He will put my name in his application. Will it cause any problem for me from immigration as parents spelling name is mismatch?? Please reply

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello, I’m pr in Canada. My brother is applying for student visa. With his documents everything is according to my parents documents like passport and birth certificates but I have some spelling mistakes on my parents name. He will put my name in his application. Will it cause any problem for me from immigration as parents spelling name is mismatch?? Please reply
Nope . No issue however you can make affidavit from india with correct name and attach.

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Hi,
I am a open work permit holder with 1 year experience in Canada. My fiance came to Canada on a closed work permit through their company and we got married eventually. My husband hasn't completed 1 year experience yet, but I was planning to add him in my CEC PR application.
1) Do we both have to be eligible for CEC to complete the application?
2) Does he have to apply separately for PR or can I add him as a dependent who is already in Canada?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,
I am a open work permit holder with 1 year experience in Canada. My fiance came to Canada on a closed work permit through their company and we got married eventually. My husband hasn't completed 1 year experience yet, but I was planning to add him in my CEC PR application.
1) Do we both have to be eligible for CEC to complete the application?
2) Does he have to apply separately for PR or can I add him as a dependent who is already in Canada?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
No you both don’t have to be eligible for pr . Either one who is eligible can apply. You must have to add your spouse in your application. There is no choice. Also if you both are eligible you both can apply but still you guys have to list each other in your applications.

Reactions: Perspective