+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!! I need your opion or vote in what we should do

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007

Hi, Everone

Hope everything is going well for all and your husbands are finally coming to Canada to be with you.

I have question, as some people know that my finacee is 20 years younger than me. I know that some have been approved to come back and live in Canada with them.

I want to know what is best?

I can go over there for a month and get married to my dear fiancee and get married and then come home and wait.

I also can go over there for 4 months and get married and live with him for four months.

Because of our age difference and all of us have to prove we love our husbands or husbands to be. Which one should I do and give me the guarantee that my husband will be able to return to me back in Canada. We are so much in love and age is only a number but like all of us we must leave the final say to the immigration department.

Which one do you think we should do just get married or live in Morocco for months. Please everyone give there opion it would be much appreciated because I just want soon to be husband to be with me here in Canada.

Insha allah and thankyou for taking your time for me.

Nancy

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
I don't know what the 4 months is about but getting married to a woman 20 years older will be suspect to the CIC and should be. I'm not questioning your particular relationship. I don't know you and its none of my business. I was married to a woman 10 years older that me. The CIC doesn't know you either. But they have to make the judgement. So, it is best for you to supply them with all of the information about your relationship that you can. Photos, joint bank accounts, joint leases, statements from people who know you best, telephone and travel records. Anything you can supply them which will give them the clearest possible insight into your relationship.

My vote: Apply for sponsorship and PR for spouse. There are no guarantees about anything with regard the results of our efforts to immigrate to Canada. Be honest, be truthful and be thorough! And then....."Be patient!!!"

Best wishes.

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007
Thankyou,

I guess I didn't make it clear enough when I wrote this.

1. ) I have two options one I can go to Morocco and marry him and stay a month with him.

2.) Or, I can go and get married and then live in Morrocco for 4 moths with him, We would get appartment and I would stay and live with husband with my son..

I know they cannot use age to turn down your applicationdown.. But what I wanted to know because we are 20 years in age difference. Which would be my better option so that immigration would consider us as a couple as I want my husband to move to Canada with me. Age to us is just a number and we truly love each other. We just want to be togother and we want to know because Immigration hold on all of us if our husbands or wife's can move to Canada with us. So what option is better[flash=200,200]http://[flash=200,200][/flash][/flash]

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
The genuineness of your marriage will probably not be judged so much by the amount of time you've lived together as man and wife. Present your marriage license with your application. CIC may question the age difference but as I said before, provide everything you can to demonstrate an ongoing genuine relationship. You can actually go through the immigration process while you both live in Morocco. As a Canadian, you can return to Canada when you like. Your spouse will have to go through the immigration process by applying for "Permanent Resident" This of course, takes time.

Another option for you is to return to Canada and start the immigration process. Your husband will have to go through the process from Morrocco. If you and your spouse were to decide to both go to Canada and begin the process from within Canada, your spouse would not be permitted to work until the process is complete. This can take quite a long time and your spouse would have to enter Canada under false pretenses. Not good! If you both wish to remain together during the immigration process, you will do best to remain in Morocco and apply from there. I hope that helps.

Sep 30, 2009
i need your help regarding. My sister is 37 years old and her husband is 24 years old. They are married few days back and now are intending to apply to CANADA as FSW. Will there age matter when they did a court marriage?
My sister has two children from her previous husband. This was all genuine and they did court marriage. Will this age gap create any problem? They both are from the same country and from the same city and from the same family.
What you say?

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Age difference, race difference, gender sameness, physical disability..... here's hoping that none of these are used as a basis for discrimination. Surely advanced societies such as Canada have moved on from those attitudes? (hopeful grin)

Wanders off singing "all you need is love...." (and buckets of patience!)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Unfortunately, age difference is used as a determining factor. Morocco is a tough country with many young men trying to get into Canada by marrying Canadian women, no matter what their age. A 20 year age difference will be a HUGE red flag to the officials there, and based on that alone they could deem your marriage to be just a marriage of convenience and deny your husband's application. It happens all the time.

In my opinion, you really only have one choice, and that is to stay in Morocco with him as long as possible. You will have to prove way above and beyond the regular person that yours is a marriage of love, and not convenience. My suggestion would be to have loads of evidence, and not put your application in for a few months so that you can show that you are living together. Pictures, emails, phone bills, everything has to be submitted.

Are you muslim? If not, this will cause even more difficulty. Will you be having children with him? A young Morrocan muslim man marrying a much older non-muslim Canadian woman who will not be having his children will be a very hard story for the officials to swallow.

I'm sorry that this isn't good news, but it's best to know what you're up against. And I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but I have to say it....are you sure it is not just a marriage of convenience? Moroccan men are known for marrying older women in Canada and the US and then leaving her when they arrive...going on to marry a woman from their community here in Canada. Search some of the stories here...they are kind and loving before the marriage, and then things change afterwards. I don't want you to get your heart broken.

However, every circumstance is different, and I would not like to stereotype an entire nation. So if you are 100% SURE that your marriage is genuine and you have seen no red flags in your relationship thus far, work your butt off preparing the best application possible and spend those 4 months in Morocco to further strenghten your case.

Laura

ps. one more thing just came to mind which makes me wonder...My husband and I are very much in love and cannot wait to be together, so if I had had the option to live with him for 4 months after our marriage I would have jumped at the chance! For the simple fact that you would easily return to Canada and not live with him when you have that option, it makes me a bit suspicious.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
ahmedbilalawan said:
i need your help regarding. My sister is 37 years old and her husband is 24 years old. They are married few days back and now are intending to apply to CANADA as FSW. Will there age matter when they did a court marriage?
My sister has two children from her previous husband. This was all genuine and they did court marriage. Will this age gap create any problem? They both are from the same country and from the same city and from the same family.
What you say?
The ages of your sister and husband will likely have no bearing on them getting a Federal Skilled Worker permit. It is only a matter in the Family Class when sponsoring a spouse because when 2 people who don't look 'compatible' in the eyes of an IO get married, it can be thought that they are entering the marriage with the intent of moving the spouse to Canada.

I'm sure your sister will be fine. Congratulations to her and good luck to them both!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
I agree. A 20 year age difference will raise red flags. Take a lot of time and effort in preparing your sponsorship application. Ensure that you have a lot of solid evidence to support your application.

Best Wishes.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Definitely stay with your husband for 4 months in Morocco. Or even longer.
Why? Morocco is a country with a high rate of marriages of convenience, according to CIC, so the visa officers there are suspicious. As well, you have a lot of compatibility problems, not just the age difference. Marriages between dissimilar partners happen all the time in Canada, but if one spouse is a foreigner the visa officers want to see compatibility. If you actually live with him for an extended time, this will show that you are compatible, no matter the age and other differences.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Nancy, I'm sure that Laura meant well in her own way, albeit in my opinion it is extremely distasteful to question if someone indeed thinks there relationship is genuine!!!

The age difference is NOT a determining factor on its own. It does however raise a red flag in ALL cultures. It is certainly not only young Moroccan men that are attempting to come to Canada by marrying Canadian women! The age difference alone is NOT a reason for refusal! The former Prime Minister of Canada, Kim Campbell is 18 years older than her partner. She's a politician he's an artist....wouldn't seem compatible.

The factors of determing a genuine relationship also include, the length of time you know each other, how many times you met in person before you decided to marry, the cultural and religious differences, and yes, the question will arise about having children, althoug I am 50 now it is still visible for me to have children do I want any more NOPE, My son is 30 (yes, my son and my husband are same age) and has made a conscious choice not to have children. That too is becoming very common.

Canada is a "melting pot" so being open to different cultures and religions is what being Canadian is all about....some do that more affectively than others :)

My husband is Moroccan, I am 20 years older than him, we were refused because of our lack of knowledge of the process. I had no idea what to put in the application found this form after, we were refused...subsequently immigration swallowed that we were infact in a genuine relationship and were were approved!

In comparison to the MOC marriages thousands and thousands are successul!!!

Follow your heart!!

Best of luck!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Lois Lane said:
Nancy, I'm sure that Laura meant well in her own way, albeit in my opinion it is extremely distasteful to question if someone indeed thinks there relationship is genuine!!!
You are right Lois Lane, it was distateful for me to ask. Nancy, I apologize. I guess it's just because Marriages of Convenience are not always agreed upon by both parties. Sometimes it is one sided, and the other partner (usually a woman) has her heart broken. It is certainly not specific to any country so I should not have singled out Morocco. It just seemed to me that you were asking a question that has a very obvious answer if you and your fiance are truly a genuine couple. I think anyone here would jump at the chance to live with their spouse for 4 months after marriage. It seemed odd that you are considering not doing that.

You will find a lot of great information here on this forum that will help you put together a terrific application that hopefully will be approved without too much delay.

Laura

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
I was thinking that this morning Lois. Good point. I'm not sure about Moroccan marriages of conveniece, but Laura, I know of too many women (personally) with horrible marriage of convenience experiences with Nigerian men. Regardless, with best intentions, we have to try and encourage eachother through this long and very stressful process. ;)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
GTWifey said:
I was thinking that this morning Lois. Good point. I'm not sure about Moroccan marriages of conveniece, but Laura, I know of too many women (personally) with horrible marriage of convenience experiences with Nigerian men. Regardless, with best intentions, we have to try and encourage eachother through this long and very stressful process. ;)
I also know of several marriages of convenience with Nigerian men. I have seen websites where Nigerian men have discussed the type of woman to target. I have been worried about it myself. I have assessed our relationship over and over and over again to ensure that he is as truthful and loving as he seems to be. I have thought to myself - what would I do if he didn't really love me? Of course, we were coming from a place where he had been living in UK for 6 years and could have easily married any number of women there and had a British passport, so my concerns were less, but still very much there. I did appreciate those friends and family members who said "But how do you know?" and it gave me a chance to discuss with them and analyze some of the things that he has said/done which proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that our marriage is one of love. As someone on this forum once said, our marriage is a Marriage of Inconvenience!

Does everyone analyze their relationship? I don't know. I imagine there are many women who are just grateful that someone loves them. All the better if they are young, exciting, exotic. I hope EVERYONE on this forum has analyzed thier relationship and paid attention to any red flags. I wish nothing but happiness for everyone, not heartache.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
when a couple gets married and both are canadian and things dont work out, everyone simply says....things didn't work out, but if its a spouse that was sponsored then....that's it....only reason they married was to get PR, that is sooooooooooo unfortunate, people that are bitter and have had bad experiences, love to tell the world about it, and some continuously return to post on here about how bad they had it, there are however the ones that are in happy relationships and are busy enjoying their lives together and so dont think of posting, reality is that an internet relationship is not the same as living day in and day out with a person, the reality of sharing space with someone is totally different, add to that the cultural differences....children that may live with the sponsor and that adds a totally different dynamic, there are challenges to over come, no doubt

men that are posting what kind of person they target, may come to find that infact choosing someone that is significantly older will bring them bigger challenges to over come with immigration, there are without a doubt alot more naive young girls that would be more interested in meeting their exotic "prince charming"....note....Morocco...is a Kingdom lolol

the daisy affect....he loves me he loves me not lol ....whether you meet someone locally or over the net questions arise in ones mind which lead to analyzing the relationship, each relationship is so unique that its difficult to have set rules, normally someone that walks their walk and talks their talk...is sincere,

someone that is trying to deceive are camillion like, they know what you like and feed on that, they mirror back your likes and dislikes, they make everything seem exactly as you would want it to be...fairy tale like...life is at times complex, there are no rules of the heart...commitment is made on a conscious level

best of luck to all