+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help.. I need your opinion

MHBTC

Feb 28, 2013
Hi there,

My family landed in Manitoba as Provincial Nominee last November 2012. We go back to US last January 2013 because I have to finish my contract and unfinish to my employer until June. My family will go back to Canada but decided to settle in British Columbia because there is a better opportunity waiting for us. What will happen to us if we settle in different province since we became permanent resident through Manitoba Provincial Nominee. Is there consequence or will have a problen in the future? Thank you.

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
not so sure but i think you will never be able to sponsor anyone through PNP programs.thats the price.you can call them and find out

MHBTC

Feb 28, 2013
MAKY said:
not so sure but i think you will never be able to sponsor anyone through PNP programs.thats the price.you can call them and find out
Thanks Maky. Anyone have ideas on this matter, Thanks for your time

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The PNP's don't like it if you leave. If you would ask them, they would say you must stay until you are a citizen. However, I know of no cases where they have gone after people for leaving. If they decide to do so in the future, their position will still be weak unless they can prove that you planned this all along. The charter of rights and freedoms states that a citizen or PR of Canada has the right to live in any province.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as soon as you have PR,
no one cares, go there enjoy and have fun...

its not mandatory to stay in Manitoba

MHBTC said:
Hi there,

My family landed in Manitoba as Provincial Nominee last November 2012. We go back to US last January 2013 because I have to finish my contract and unfinish to my employer until June. My family will go back to Canada but decided to settle in British Columbia because there is a better opportunity waiting for us. What will happen to us if we settle in different province since we became permanent resident through Manitoba Provincial Nominee. Is there consequence or will have a problen in the future? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Impact is that if you obtained your PR status through the Manitoba PNP family stream, the family that sponsored you can never sponsor anyone else again.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes thats true, but if you measure stay in Manitoba/sponsor again or go in BC and no more sponsor, they would choose BC

scylla said:
Impact is that if you obtained your PR status through the Manitoba PNP family stream, the family that sponsored you can never sponsor anyone else again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
speedoflight said:
yes thats true, but if you measure stay in Manitoba/sponsor again or go in BC and no more sponsor, they would choose BC
The person who was sponsored may not care that their sponsor can never sponsor anybody else but the sponsor will care and if you were sponsored by family, you cause bad blood in your family if you leave but of course that is your decision. Personally, if I had been sponsored by family and if I wanted to leave the province, I would talk to my sponsor about it first and ask them if they wanted to sponsor someone else in the near future and even stay a couple of years longer in order to make them happy.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes Leon, its true.

But people as soon as they arrive they dont care... And dont forget that Canadians are not up to date about CIC rules, they think canada immigrataion is weak... Because at CIC web no were is saying that you have to stay on that province... It sas as soon as you get PR you are free to live when ever you want

Leon said:
The person who was sponsored may not care that their sponsor can never sponsor anybody else but the sponsor will care and if you were sponsored by family, you cause bad blood in your family if you leave but of course that is your decision. Personally, if I had been sponsored by family and if I wanted to leave the province, I would talk to my sponsor about it first and ask them if they wanted to sponsor someone else in the near future and even stay a couple of years longer in order to make them happy.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
speedoflight said:
Yes Leon, its true.

But people as soon as they arrive they dont care... And dont forget that Canadians are not up to date about CIC rules, they think canada immigrataion is weak... Because at CIC web no were is saying that you have to stay on that province... It sas as soon as you get PR you are free to live when ever you want
If you read the PNP application documents, the applicant must sign that they intend to settle in that province and if they are sponsored, their sponsor must sign that they know that person is planning to settle in that province and they will support them. In the sponsorship forms, they also ask who have you sponsored in the past and where are they living.

So far, they are not going after people who leave but they might in the future. They could possibly say that you committed misrepresentation if you said you would settle in your PNP province and then left very soon after landing. If you left a few months after landing, you could say that you did not plan this all along but if you left a week after landing, it would be hard for you to argue that you intended to stay in the province at the time you landed.

MHBTC

Feb 28, 2013
Thank you guys for your reply. I planning to move to BC because there is someone who can assist me unlike what happened to me in Manitoba. Nobody assist me and help me in settling in Manitoba. I was very sad that time. Please advice me on what to do. I am just worried because maybe in the future, CIC would not allow me to renew my PR card and reject my Canadian citizanship application. Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you immigrate, you are on your own. Even if you know people in BC, you can not count on them assisting you as much as you might feel that you need. They may say that now but when you arrive, they might not have time. However, it is nicer if you at least have some friends.

I don't think you will have a problem moving to BC because months have passed since you landed. If they ever come after you, you can say that you did plan to settle in MB when you landed and you did try it there for 2 months. Then you went back to the US to complete your contract and in the meantime your plans changed.

MHBTC

Feb 28, 2013
Leon said:
When you immigrate, you are on your own. Even if you know people in BC, you can not count on them assisting you as much as you might feel that you need. They may say that now but when you arrive, they might not have time. However, it is nicer if you at least have some friends.

I don't think you will have a problem moving to BC because months have passed since you landed. If they ever come after you, you can say that you did plan to settle in MB when you landed and you did try it there for 2 months. Then you went back to the US to complete your contract and in the meantime your plans changed.
Thank you Leon. One reason also is that my sponsor never really assist me when I landed Canada. They don't even let me to stay on their apartment so I have to find someone I can stay. Do you think that this will be a good reason for the CIC just in case CIC come after me? Thank you again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MHBTC said:
Thank you Leon. One reason also is that my sponsor never really assist me when I landed Canada. They don't even let me to stay on their apartment so I have to find someone I can stay. Do you think that this will be a good reason for the CIC just in case CIC come after me? Thank you again
If they ever ask, you can mention that as one of the reasons you did not end up staying that the sponsor did not help you enough.

MHBTC

Feb 28, 2013
Leon said:
If they ever ask, you can mention that as one of the reasons you did not end up staying that the sponsor did not help you enough.
Sorry for so many questions, you think this would be a good reason just in case I encounter problems for transferring to other province? Thank you again