+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - Family Class Immigration Question

noman.kabir

May 19, 2014
My Elder Brother is Canadian citizen and staying in Canada for more than 10 Years. Professionally he is doing a good job and thus can satisfy the income criteria (if there is any) for sponsoring someone. furthermore he have his immediate family spouse and 2 kids all are Canadian Citizen.

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;

parents and grandparents;

dependent children, including adopted children;

children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;

brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or

you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.
Unquote

My question is: Will my Elder brother fall into the last category (you may sponsor one relative of any age....) and if yes, what is the procedure that we have to follow?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

starry101

Feb 11, 2013
He can only sponsor if he doesn't have any family, since he has a spouse and children he would not fall into that last category.

noman.kabir

May 19, 2014
Thanks for the prompt response!

here is the confusion all of his family members are Candian National Passport Holder and as per my understanding his family is not on his sponsorship any more after their citizenship

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
noman.kabir said:
Thanks for the prompt response!

here is the confusion all of his family members are Candian National Passport Holder and as per my understanding his family is not on his sponsorship any more after their citizenship
It doesn't matter. That's not how the rules work. He cannot sponsor you since he already has family in Canada. If you wish to immigrate you will have to qualify on your own.

starry101

Feb 11, 2013
It says it in that last line you quoted, you just need to read it carefully.

you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.