+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - Family Class Immigration Question

joyhk

Aug 20, 2006
I am a landed immigrant and staying in Canada for about 9 months. Professionally I am doing a good job and thus can satisfy the income criteria (if there is any) for sponsoring someone. My wife wants to sponsor his brother who is 18 plus, unmarried and from the CIC website we found the following:

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;

parents and grandparents;

dependent children, including adopted children;

children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;

brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or

you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.
Unquote

Our question is: Will my wife's brother fall into the last category (you may sponsor one relative of any age....) and if yes, what is the procedure that we have to follow?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Joy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

joyhk said:
I am a landed immigrant and staying in Canada for about 9 months. Professionally I am doing a good job and thus can satisfy the income criteria (if there is any) for sponsoring someone. My wife wants to sponsor his brother who is 18 plus, unmarried and from the CIC website we found the following:

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;

parents and grandparents;

dependent children, including adopted children;

children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;

brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or

you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.
Unquote

Our question is: Will my wife's brother fall into the last category (you may sponsor one relative of any age....) and if yes, what is the procedure that we have to follow?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Joy
Nope, as your wife is married to you, therefor she has a spouse.

PMM

shaniekj

Mar 18, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015 resent app 08-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Redone Expired Police Check & sent 10-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Request
n/a Handed in with Application
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
05-10-2016
Passport Req..
2 weeks before interview was told to bring with him
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
does anyone know how long the process takes when you hand in your application with medical and police record?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaniekj said:
does anyone know how long the process takes when you hand in your application with medical and police record?
It depends on your visa office aka which country the principal applicant is coming from.

shaniekj

Mar 18, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015 resent app 08-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Redone Expired Police Check & sent 10-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Request
n/a Handed in with Application
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
05-10-2016
Passport Req..
2 weeks before interview was told to bring with him
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Thanks for responding. I have sent my application and I was a bit confused about the 8 photos they are requesting for the family members of the individual you are sponsoring. Do you send 8 pictures of all the intimidate family members or are they just requesting 8 photos of the family members you are sponsoring?