+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Criminality from Passed back to In Progress Why??? Appreciated!!

chengchang911

Oct 26, 2020
Hello all!

I'm applying for my PR via the CEC program and got my AOR on Dec. 5, 2020. Timeline:
ITA 2020.11.16
AOR 2020.12.5
Medical pass: 2021.1.20
Biometrics: 2021.1.26
(So it's been 6 months :(

Applied for notes in May and see my Criminality passed on Feb 11, 2021. Called IRCC last week, was told that my Eligibility passed but my Criminality back to In progress on the same day. Anyone had this experience before or any suggestions? Much appreciated!!!

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Sometimes, the on-call agent is wrong.

There could also be a glitch in their system or that they just have to revisit something in your application as part of the standard procedure for criminality check.

Best way to know for sure what’s happening is to apply for the GCMS notes again.

Likely, as your eligibility has passed, nothing bad’s happening and there’s no need to worry.

Edit: as many on-call agents lump criminality and security checks into one “background check”, this likely means they just started on your security check. Your criminality likely already passed and remains passed.

chengchang911

Oct 26, 2020
Sometimes, the on-call agent is wrong.

There could also be a glitch in their system or that they just have to revisit something in your application as part of the standard procedure for criminality check.

Best way to know for sure what’s happening is to apply for the GCMS notes again.

Likely, as your eligibility has passed, nothing bad’s happening and there’s no need to worry.

Edit: as many on-call agents lump criminality and security checks into one “background check”, this likely means they just started on your security check. Your criminality likely already passed and remains passed.
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply! Congratulations on your Portal!

Yeah, the status for my Security is still "Not Started" hopefully it's like what you said. I called them twice to confirm it (passed back to in progress), the second time I called them, the agent checked my application for like 30 minutes and told me she never sees this before and told me she'll leave a note for my VO.

Already applied for GCMS notes on the same day when I heard it. Let's see what happened and wish I can get the Portal soon!!! By the way, wondering if on-call agents are able to see those notes?

Waqaslatif87

Apr 22, 2021
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply! Congratulations on your Portal!

Yeah, the status for my Security is still "Not Started" hopefully it's like what you said. I called them twice to confirm it (passed back to in progress), the second time I called them, the agent checked my application for like 30 minutes and told me she never sees this before and told me she'll leave a note for my VO.

Already applied for GCMS notes on the same day when I heard it. Let's see what happened and wish I can get the Portal soon!!! By the way, wondering if on-call agents are able to see those notes?
Hi there what's the status for you now? I'm in similar situation

harouku

Dec 4, 2023
Hello all!

I'm applying for my PR via the CEC program and got my AOR on Dec. 5, 2020. Timeline:
ITA 2020.11.16
AOR 2020.12.5
Medical pass: 2021.1.20
Biometrics: 2021.1.26
(So it's been 6 months :(

Applied for notes in May and see my Criminality passed on Feb 11, 2021. Called IRCC last week, was told that my Eligibility passed but my Criminality back to In progress on the same day. Anyone had this experience before or any suggestions? Much appreciated!!!
Hello. I.have the same situation right now. Let me know please what I can expect with my application.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?