+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help---Asking for clarification on the Canada work experience

kamiyu

Aug 15, 2016
Hi all

I am asking about the requirement if the work experience (within the NOC categories) in Canada needs to be continuous for CEC and CRS point system. The followings are my understanding and please let me know if I get them right:

1. For CEC, NO NEED to be continuous but must be > 1 year within the last 3 years. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=664&top=29

2. For CRS point system, also NO NEED to be continuous given the changed policy in June 2015. See: https://www.visareporter.com/news-article/cic-s-technical-improvement-to-crs-individuals-with-canada-s-work-experience-may-profit/.

That said, if one has work experience (despite fragmented into several < 1 year pieces) can sum up and get their CRS points for Canada work experience

digambar123

Jan 27, 2017
Hi,

You are right. Your total Canadian work experience should be at least 1 year (continuous or divided in pieces). Secondly, it should be full-time i.e., at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours. Finally, it should be under NOC category under which you are applying for PR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
digambar123 said:
Secondly, it should be full-time i.e., at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours.

This is not entirely correct, part-time work is also accepted, where the full-time equivalent is calculated to be at least one year.

Finally, it should be under NOC category under which you are applying for PR.

Well, at least some work experience must be under that NOC, but there is no requirement in the CEC class that all work experience be in a single NOC category.

Yunny

Mar 28, 2017
Hi all,

If the canadian work experience is under different NOC from the primary one you are applying (like the primary NOC under FSWP), can you still get the CRS points?

Thanks very much for clarification