+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!!!!!!ANYONE!!!

bladap04

Feb 9, 2013
herewecome said:
You haven't played by the book as you have worked illegally.

Waiting 6+ months is not an emergency. There are many people on this forum who have waited over a year to live with their Canadian born husband or wife.

I apologise if I sound harsh but there are so many variables that are waiting to go wrong in your case and these have been pointed out with what seems like little consideration - declaring your relationship to CIC and working illegally.

You mention staying in Canada until she gets PR. Where will you be living after that?

herewecome said:
You haven't played by the book as you have worked illegally.
OK..I apologise if I sound harsh as well, but I mean this affectionately....

Did you not read what I wrote? We have played by the book since she came here since 2008...We have played by the book....Until 2012 when she had no other choice...No one is going to hire a woman who is three months pregnant..hell her employer she had been with for three years didn't want her anymore when she told them that she was...but..they still wanted her to work for them...FOR CASH.. And it''s been CASH every since then.

Her OWP expired while she was on maternity leave.

herewecome said:
"Waiting 6+ months is not an emergency. There are many people on this forum who have waited over a year to live with their Canadian born husband or wife."
First, let's put this in perspective...She is not Canadian born, She is Filipino...only my son is Canadian. She wants to have her renewed OWP...She does not enjoy working for cash. I'm sure some people may, but she doesn't. She has not been able to get a legal job for over six months because of no OWP and immigration knows this because they mentioned it in a recent letter they sent...hence the "implied status" That's why we went to an mp to help move the process along, because she doesn't like working for cash. As far as other people waiting over a year to be with their spouses, I don't have that problem. I can come and visit her any time I like and I have been coming back and forth on weekends here since 2008. We are talking about work here. I'm here long term now because she needs help raising Jr. and personally I like being here to do that. We have our own apartment and we both have signed the lease. We also signed a year lease prior to this as well.

herewecome said:
You mention staying in Canada until she gets PR. Where will you be living after that?
Of course I will be staying here after that. I stated in my last post that we have roots here. We like to live here. Why would I want to leave after being with her all of this time and going through this whole process and... having a child born here to just leave...

herewecome said:
there are so many variables that are waiting to go wrong in your case and these have been pointed out with what seems like little consideration - declaring your relationship to CIC and working illegally.
Well of course there are variables waiting to go wrong. I didn't plan for things to turn out this way nor do I want them to stay that way. A lot of variables will be resolved once she gets her renewed OWP. In terms of me considering these possibilities, We have to be careful about how we declare our relationship to immigration. If she puts me as an accompanying dependent, then the first thing out of immigrations mouth will be show proof of how she will support me. So until she gets her OWP, we will just play it safe. She will put me on her app as non-accompanying dependent. If we knew when her OWP is coming it would be a lot easier. We just want to avoid any questions about her employment as much as possible. It's a catch 22 for sure. As long as we are waiting for her OWP, she has to work this way. No choice.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
I did read what you said and you did not say 'she played by the rules until 2012'

If she hates working illegally she shouldn't do it anymore. No-one is forcing her to do it from what you have said. You also are working illegally and lying to CIC and soon to the IRS. Just because someone likes a country does not mean they have a right to stay or work illegally. It's just not cricket.

And given you have stated this is nothing to do with a spousal sponsorship and just about a work permit, maybe you should've posted in the work permit section and not the spousal sponsorship part of the website.

bladap04

Feb 9, 2013
herewecome said:
If she hates working illegally she shouldn't do it anymore. No-one is forcing her to do it from what you have said.
Wow...really? Just..so simple huh...just stop working illegally. Well...if you know how to work legally without a OWP please shed some light, or how to pay the rent, or take care of all the other domestic duties one has to manage without it...Look dude..we want to be law abiding citizens like all other...most others that live in this great country. The rules changed because her boss made them change for her.

herewecome said:
You also are working illegally and lying to CIC and soon to the IRS. Just because someone likes a country does not mean they have a right to stay or work illegally. It's just not cricket.
First of all, I don't play cricket. Secondly, no one is lying to anyone. CIC never asked about her current work status and the IRS isn't concerned about me either. I pay my U.S taxes.

Honestly, I came here for information and insight on our convoluted situation and I have received invaluable help and understanding from some of the folks on here that really understand the immigration process and am very thankful to them. I really am not about the politics of where I post. You can try to take some of the things Iv'e tried to explain out of context a bit to try and prove something, but I'm not here for that.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
You can work legally in the USA and provide for your child and partner. The IRS is interested in all money earns regardless the country you reside in or earnt it in.

Advice has been given not to work illegally and to ensure CIC knows about your relationship. If you want to ignore that then fine. It's not politics about where you post, it would yield you more insight if you asked about work permits in a part where people are getting work permits. Maybe they will tell you what you want to hear.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Is she declaring her illegal income for tax purposes or is she adding tax evasion to the list of pending disasters?

All it's going to take is for someone to anonymously report either of you and your whole world is going to come crashing down.
It might even just be an accident of being in the wrong place at the wrong time when either CBSA or CRA decide to do a surprise visit. It's happened in the UK when a fast food place has been raised and random customers have been caught and deported.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
herewecome said:
You can work legally in the USA and provide for your child and partner. The IRS is interested in all money earns regardless the country you reside in or earnt it in.

Advice has been given not to work illegally and to ensure CIC knows about your relationship. If you want to ignore that then fine. It's not politics about where you post, it would yield you more insight if you asked about work permits in a part where people are getting work permits. Maybe they will tell you what you want to hear.
Americans are undesirable (my opinion) for closed work permits - the kind that need a LMO and employee sponsorship. We know too much about "Rights" and don't "work hard enough." Been around the block with that one myself.

A NAFTA work permit is an option if the poster possesses a professional (bachelor's) degree or higher.

As far as taxes go, if you earn more than $400 USD in any form, including cash, you have to report that to the IRS. I won't go into the details about whether it's right or wrong, whether the IRS will chase you down, etc, blah blah. That's just what they state on their website. Since the US government requires you to file a tax return regardless of where you live in the world (unless you renounce your citizenship and complete the process, which includes paying a fee and having an interview), any earnings in Canada have to be claimed. I am not sure what the dollar amount is in Canada for earning - but I am sure there is one. If you reside in Canada more than 180 days, you are considered a tax resident whether or not you work, even if you are a visitor and must file. I had to file 2012 taxes for two countries despite being a visitor in one.

bladap04

Feb 9, 2013
amikety said:
A NAFTA work permit is an option if the poster possesses a professional (bachelor's) degree or higher.
Tried that to with my immigration attorney. He said I don't qualify even having a Bachelor's in Computer Science. He said NAFTA is reserved for folks with "special skills" beyond a degree, like being and executive in a company.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
bladap04 said:
Tried that to with my immigration attorney. He said I don't qualify even having a Bachelor's in Computer Science. He said NAFTA is reserved for folks with "special skills" beyond a degree, like being and executive in a company.
Your lawyer doesn't know what he's talking about. Consider firing him.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
bladap04 said:
I'm sorry, I mis spoke. I was thinking about an Intra Company Transfer. My fault.
That's what I was thinking. NAFTA is fairly easy to get.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
amikety said:
That's what I was thinking. NAFTA is fairly easy to get.
Yup. I came to Canada on a work permit sponsored by my employer. I fortunately worked in a profession covered under NAFTA