10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,

I have 7 + years experience in software development. My current position is associate tech lead for the last one year . I have not directly lead any teams.
But I have lead a few developers to get certain milestones done some projects
I am not sure if I am eligible under skilled category under 0213.

I have done the following

a) Designed and developed software applications
b) I have supervised a few software Engineers to get certain tasks done in projects (But not as the team lead of the project)
c) I have reviewed CVS and taken part in interview panels to recruit software Engineers
d) I have trained junior software Engineers
e) I have been a mentor in the company

When I went through the duties for software managers, I get only a single match. please see below (that's point 5)

1. Plan, organize, control, evaluate and direct the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies - NO_MATCH - doubtful

2. Develop and execute policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development - NO_MATCH

3. Meet with clients to talk about system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
Assemble and manage teams of information systems persons to design, develop, implement, operate and manage computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. - NO_MATCH - doubtful

4. Control the financial plan and expenditures of the department, company or project - NO_MATCH.

5. Employ and oversee computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training. - MATCH

Is Point 1 a possible MATCH for me ?
because I have managed small teams to achieve certain mile stones.

Is point 3 a possible MATCH for me ?
When working in projects, As a developer I have provided time estimates to project managers for the tasks to be done and we have had discussions with the business analysts in our team on the requirements and specifications but not with the clients directly. So can I consider point 3 as a MATCH.

I have a few questions

a) Am I Eligible under 0213
b) If I apply , How long do I have to wait to know that the Eligibility evaluation is successful ?
c) In case I am not eligible is my money refunded ?

Please advice me, If my application would be successful ?

thanks a lot in advance

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruka said:
a) Am I Eligible under 0213
It's a lil bit diffcullt to make a full affirmation on that.
You should focus in your application on point "b" and "d", take your courage and apply :) .

ruka said:
b) If I apply , How long do I have to wait to know that the Eligibility evaluation is successful ?
two months.

ruka said:
c) In case I am not eligible is my money refunded ?
Yes.

Good luck, 0213 mate :) .

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
What are the documentary requirements for proving your job duties...resume, letter from current employer stating job duties??? can someone provide some details..?

Also - let's say one goes ahead and applied under 0213 for now in the hope that their job duties match the requirements...in case CIC find otherwise and rejects...does that mean the person is barred from applying for PR in the future...say under FSW but with AEO this time?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdesh005 said:
What are the documentary requirements for proving your job duties...resume, letter from current employer stating job duties??? can someone provide some details..?
Work contract + recommandation letter.

sdesh005 said:
in case CIC find otherwise and rejects...does that mean the person is barred from applying for PR in the future...
It isn't an issue, you can re-apply even immediatly after a rejection.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Thanks for all the replies

Can you people please share the time taken by them to inform us about our eligibility. I know their entire processing time is around 3 years.
Have they expedited it now.

I am new to this forum, What do the following events mean ?

CIO AOR - What's this
Full Docs (Paris) - What's this
ECAS Status - What's this

Can you please share me how the application progress is usually notified ?

thanks a lot