PLEASE FIND WHICH STAGE IS YOUR APPLICATION AND WHAT TO EXPECT SOON

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy64 said:
Dear Eagle
HIP HIP HURRY ;D ;D ;D ;D.Finally i got my visa and i will come to Canada very soon.Thanks for helping me.When i will come BC then we have coffee together.
:eek: :eek: :'( congratulations Jimmy64 I am so happy for you my dear friend.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expectin said:
Dear Eagle, Tryin to understand the process this is an old post from another member,

THIS WAS POSTED BY Qorax times ago.

All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
Hello expectin,

I read this post in 2013 from QORAX, it is a great post but I don't think it is the same process for family class sponsorship since Qorax wrote this post for Skilled workers.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooon_23 said:
Hi Eagle, can you please give me some feedback regarding my application.

Beirut VO started processing application september 25 2015. SA, AOR1, AOR2 received in september. Supplementary form and renewed police clearance requested on march 14 2016. On april 21 2016, officer called the principal applicant for a security check. GCMS notes (ordered April 26) say that eligibility, criminality and medical are passed. Security appears blank. Officer's notes suggest that they are satisfied with genuine relationship and evidence.

When should we expect PPR?
Yes I will comment in few minutes. I will update this post in 2 hours.

Update is below.......

I noticed something like PA was called for SECURITY CHECK which is a little bit weird, why was PA called for security check? was this security check done in Canada or out of Canada? Was PA ever lived in Canada before? everything in your assessments is complete however the security check you mentioned could be the one holding PPR to be sent.

mooon_23

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Eagle333 said:
Yes I will comment in few minutes. I will update this post in 2 hours.
Thank you! Also, in the notes the due date for application assignment is July 1 2016. Thanks again, ill be waiting for your answer

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

I am dealing with a couple who allowed me to post this email they received 2 days ago from their visa office. I received this email through my private inbox today. The couple is worried about one little point which I did not seem to convince them. We emailed back and forth almost for a day now they want me to post this email for them to get your opinions on their question. Here is their question:

Is it true that my visa will be issued in 30 days or prior to 30 days since the introduction and conclusion of this email put a heavy emphasis on CONCLUDING the application in 30 days?

Everyone that I helped in the past can return me a favor to help this couple, they want me to post it for them on my thread in order to get so many hits.

This is their timeline

Application received January 02, 2015
Decision made for SPR: March 13, 2015

In process visa office: April 17, 2015
Red-med for PA : January 19, 2016 Medical done 17 February 2016
Red-med for DEP: May 17, 2016 & PPR was May 17, 2016
DECISION MADE: IN 30 DAYS? or BEFORE 30 THE DAYS?

:DDON'T LET ME DOWN AND PLEASE SEE THE EMAIL DOWN :'(

Dear applicant,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: dakar.immigration@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;

· Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,

· Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;

· Change in health;

· You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence

· Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):

· Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

· Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

· Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. You must submit together:

· Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications. (See attachment). If you do not meet the photo specifications the processing of your application will be delayed. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

· A medical exam for (newborn 13 months). Forms for medical examinations were sent in separate email. Be sure to check your junk mail (spam) to ensure that the email has not been sent there. You must perform the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter or this email if you have received the letter via email. Please note that you will need your passport or a national identity card valid for your medical exams. To find a doctor in your country, territory or region to carry out your medical examination for immigration purposes, please click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/liste-md.aspx ( select the relevant country or territory). Only designated doctors approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada may conduct the review.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

Submitting your passport(s), photos and updated information

For security reasons, your visa(s) can only be issued by our office in Dakar. You may submit your package by courier to our address below. Do not send your passports and documents by regular or registered mail.

To submit your package by courier

Passports and other documents must be sent to the following address:

Canadian Embassy,

Visas & Immigration Section (Canadian Embassy Annex)

18 rue Émile Zola, Plateau

P.O Box 6106 (Dakar étoile),

Dakar Sénégal

You can also send your / your passport (s) through VACs serving your country of residence. See details and cost: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/French/index.html see list in Africa and the Middle East.

You must contact a courier company and pre-pay for the return of your passports and original documents. You should obtain from the courier company a receipt which indicates that the return has been pre-paid. Keep a copy of this receipt for yourself and send the original to us with the passports and documents.

***Notice for DRC residents/citizens:

N.B.: To request an EXEMPTION FOR SENDING PASSPORT by a courier service company (e.g. DHL, FedEx), first contact:

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Place de l’Indépendance

Commune de la Gombe

(À Côté du Lycée Bosangani)

Then Direction Générale de Migration (DGM)

(Ministère de l’Intérieur)

65 Boulevard du 30 juin

Commune de la Gombe

(À côté de l’immeuble de la Regideso)

To request a permit to travel FOR MINOR child in the DRC, contact:

Direction Générale de Migration (DGM)

(Ministère de l’Intérieur)

65 Boulevard du 30 juin

Commune de la Gombe

Kinshasa, RDC

(À côté de l’immeuble de la Regideso)

What you should know

§ You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until you have received your passport(s) and permanent resident visa(s).

§ Your visa(s) will be issued to match the information in your passport(s). This will be the name that appears on all of your government-issued documents after you become a permanent resident of Canada (for example, your driver’s license, you social insurance card, your provincial medical insurance card).

§ If your family composition has changed (e.g. by marriage, divorce, birth, death), you must tell us now. You must also tell us if it changes before the date of your intended departure. Information in our systems must be up to date and considered before anyone can be granted permanent resident status on arrival.

§ Your visas will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. However, if your passport or any of your family members’ passports are due to expire before this date all visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to send us NEW OR UPDATED PASSPORTS to ensure that your visas can be issued with maximum validity. You must enter Canada on or before the expiry date on your visas.

§ The validity of a permanent resident visa cannot be extended, nor can a replacement visa be issued with a new expiry date. If you do not use your visa(s) before the expiry date, yet still wish to immigrate to Canada, you will have to begin the application process again, and pay new fees. The new application would be assessed according to the immigration legislation in force at the time of submission.

§ You should expect to be without your passport(s) during our processing period. Do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period. Please note that we do not acknowledge receipt of passports. For packages signed for on receipt at the Embassy, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company. We will not respond to queries received within less than six weeks. This service will not operate when the Embassy is closed. Our website shows our holiday closures, which may differ from national holidays in Senegal.

§ We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please cite your full name number (in objet) and email in all communication with our office.

Yours sincerely,

Section des visas et de l'immigration| Visas & Immigration Section/DS

18 rue Émile Zola, Plateau (Annexe de l'Ambassade du Canada/Canadian Embassy Annex)

B.P. | P.O. Box 6106 (Dakar Étoile), Dakar - Sénégal
dakar.immigration@international.gc.ca

www.dakar.gc.ca

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooon_23 said:
He lives in lebanon. The canadian embassy called him and asked questions about his employment, family, ect. They said that they were finalizing the application. The PA never came to canada or travelled. I heard other lebanese applicants who received the same call so it may be routine in lebanon.
Alright.

jimmy64

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
01-01-2014 (DNA TEST)
Med's Request
Nov 4-2015 (REASSESSMENT)
Med's Done....
Nov 10-2015
Interview........
Jul 13 2015 (REQUESTED PAYMENT OF ARC & LANDING
Passport Req..
Feb 10 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
white diamond said:
Many many congratulations my dear jimmy :) best of luck and having a great life in canada :)
Thank you White diamond.

jimmy64

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
01-01-2014 (DNA TEST)
Med's Request
Nov 4-2015 (REASSESSMENT)
Med's Done....
Nov 10-2015
Interview........
Jul 13 2015 (REQUESTED PAYMENT OF ARC & LANDING
Passport Req..
Feb 10 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
Eagle333 said:
:eek: :eek: :'( congratulations Jimmy64 I am so happy for you my dear friend.
Eagle thank you very very much

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Eagle333 said:
Dear Eagle, can you give us some light, we were requested for the RPRF and the Schedule A Updated
on 18 of march, we sent it Two days after, they sent us a letter on the april 29 letin us know that they
received the request documents, in the letter there were 30 days deadline to summit what they request,
after that we havent hear back from then, can you give me an idea about whats to expect please.

shastaz

Nov 10, 2011
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
App. Filed.......
22-5-2013
Doc's Request.
13-6-2013/prof relationship again 15 June 2015
AOR Received.
30-5-2013
File Transfer...
5/09/2013-CSQ APPROVED N SENT TO NAIROBI 25-OCT 2013
Med's Request
all documents sent in june 2014 lost
Med's Done....
7TH FEV 2013#remd 22 nov 2015
Interview........
24-05-2016.passed .documents req: remedical.appendx A on 2nd June 2016 sent 9 th . E case changed 24 th June 3 lines medical results received
Passport Req..
26-12-2016:Background checks done re do medicals and csq for Quebec 30 days notice then waiting for passport request oh God
VISA ISSUED...
Passport request 27/ oct/2017 waiting for visa
LANDED..........
Soon november
my file was a nightmare nairobi visa office requested more proofs in june 2014,we sent registered mail,thynever responded till december 2015 is when i sent inquiries was in nairobi only to b advised thy never received additional documents.Back in canadea in april 2015 involved mp lawyer lazy absent in office all the time we resent again finally in january got the post canada tracking no of 2014.Proove thy did receive signed by a lady NORAH.MP SENT MORE LETTERS N EVIDENCE OF THEIR NEGLIGENCE .In april mp sent again a warning letter all of a sudden in 2 weeks time thy scheduled interview for my husband.He did his interview questions regarding my background and age difference.we ve been together for 6 years and he answered every details properly,he was asked to bring his pasport and background declaration form.Voluntarily he went with more prooves the interview took almost 1`hour and a half the lady was so nice understanding and even making some jokes about him n me.She took photocopies of his passport n he signed one form which he wasnt able to know wat it was.The lady said everything looks good she will contact our lawyer in 2 weeks and gave him back his passport .Can anyone pleasee tell me if this is positive bcoz she did not keep his passport or its among the normal routine n whats the next step thanks.HI EAGLEplease advise thanks and sorry for any inconviniences im jus tired since 2013.PLEASE EAGLE ADVISE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVINIENCES.

shastaz

Nov 10, 2011
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
App. Filed.......
22-5-2013
Doc's Request.
13-6-2013/prof relationship again 15 June 2015
AOR Received.
30-5-2013
File Transfer...
5/09/2013-CSQ APPROVED N SENT TO NAIROBI 25-OCT 2013
Med's Request
all documents sent in june 2014 lost
Med's Done....
7TH FEV 2013#remd 22 nov 2015
Interview........
24-05-2016.passed .documents req: remedical.appendx A on 2nd June 2016 sent 9 th . E case changed 24 th June 3 lines medical results received
Passport Req..
26-12-2016:Background checks done re do medicals and csq for Quebec 30 days notice then waiting for passport request oh God
VISA ISSUED...
Passport request 27/ oct/2017 waiting for visa
LANDED..........
Soon november
It's so sad that nobody ever replies to my posts :-[ but it's ok .I got re- Medical request yesterday and updated form imm5669.My husband redid medical on 11 th November 2015 and the lawyer emailed them only the updates on email they want original form filled and my husbands original signature.Does that mean we passed interview and what will be the next step? Will just send the proof of remedical and the updated form is it gonna be ppt request or the background checks still going on or not yet started will really appreciate anyone who will reply.Interview did on 24th of May. :'(

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
shastaz said:
It's so sad that nobody ever replies to my posts :-[ but it's ok .I got re- Medical request yesterday and updated form imm5669.My husband redid medical on 11 th November 2015 and the lawyer emailed them only the updates on email they want original form filled and my husbands original signature.Does that mean we passed interview and what will be the next step? Will just send the proof of remedical and the updated form is it gonna be ppt request or the background checks still going on or not yet started will really appreciate anyone who will reply.Interview did on 24th of May. :'(
when di you had the interview, send the medical as soon as posible, wich you the best

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,
-We applied Jan 23,2015- file transferred to Havana April 2, 2015.
-Ordered notes Jan 2016- said recommended interview waived, eligibility recommended pass and not much more, said our relationship look real, we communicate daily ect...
-Told via email after an inquiry that a decision should be issued by Feb 29th- no decision was issued, when we inquired again they said pls be patient.
-MP found out in March that they were checking eligibility and securities, no mention of an interview.
-Added my step daughter as accompanying in April 2016 as she is turning 19 in July.
-Havana requested new police check and a few updated forms 3 weeks ago.
-Last week requested another schedule A for my step daughter- will be dropped off tomorrow.
-MP made another inquiry at the end of last week and she was told that medicals are now extended to May 2017, they are waiting for the forms requested and are currently checking my husbands criminality. There is nothing on our file that is of concern and no mention of interview.

We have been waiting 16 months now and are starting to lose hope, we realize that adding my step daughter has slowed things a wee bit but Havana has always been one of the faster embassies when it comes to issuing visas.
Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks,

white diamond

Apr 22, 2016
Your welcome jimmy and also pray for me i am also submit my passport in chc almost 2 month befor and i did not receive my passport yet