+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE FIND WHICH STAGE IS YOUR APPLICATION AND WHAT TO EXPECT SOON

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pretty Missy said:
Hi Eagle, my sponsorship application was submittedJune 2015 and started processing at KVO since October 2015. Documents were requested and received in December and I haven't heard anything from cic since.

I'm deeply depressed as I don't know what stage I am. Please give me your most favourable response. Thank you.
Your file is in stage 2. It is in process that is why they requested additional documents. Any decision they take following the receipt of those additional documents your $475 will not be refunded because they worked on your file. So rest assured that your file right now at this very moment is in process.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Hi Eagle333,

Our application was forwarded to VO in São Paulo on March 30 2016. When we submitted our application to Mississauga we submitted everything except our FBI history summary report. We just received our summary report and wish to have it attached to our file. We have had no communication up to now from São Paulo VO -not even a request to submit FBI report - anyway, should we send the original to São Paulo or can we just scan and email it thri the São Paulo -CIC web tool?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have,
John (Toronto)

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi Eagle333,

Our application was forwarded to VO in São Paulo on March 30 2016. When we submitted our application to Mississauga we submitted everything except our FBI history summary report. We just received our summary report and wish to have it attached to our file. We have had no communication up to now from São Paulo VO -not even a request to submit FBI report - anyway, should we send the original to São Paulo or can we just scan and email it thri the São Paulo -CIC web tool?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have,
John (Toronto)

Hello Jaytheo40,

Don't wait for them to request that FBI Report, you are just shooting yourself in the foot meaning more time consuming for your application to be processed. You cannot send a copy of that document but it has to be the original one. To send to them an email is useless because this document needs to go as original full stop. Send it now so that the Sao Paulo visa office can contact CSIS to initiate Criminality assessment.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Eagle333 said:
Hello Jaytheo40,

Don't wait for them to request that FBI Report, you are just shooting yourself in the foot meaning more time consuming for your application to be processed. You cannot send a copy of that document but it has to be the original one. To send to them an email is useless because this document needs to go as original full stop. Send it now so that the Sao Paulo visa office can contact CSIS to initiate Criminality assessment.
Thanks Eagle - I'll courier the original with a cover letter tomorrow. We all appreciate your help.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Eagle333 said:
5. Remember there is also a queue for files that are waiting for review, if your file is in that queue you cannot help it. This is exactly your situation where it says file ready for review which means it is in the interview queue.

Sorry if I repeated myself but all I wanted is to make sure you understand a little bit.
This makes sense. We will just have to wait and see. All I know for now is that there's due date on my eligibility section which is July and It's assigned to an
officer. I hope to see some positive news very soon.

Again Thank you so much Eagle333 . We couldn't thank you enough.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohcanada15 said:
This makes sense. We will just have to wait and see. All I know for now is that there's due date on my eligibility section which is July and It's assigned to an
officer. I hope to see some positive news very soon.

Again Thank you so much Eagle333 . We couldn't thank you enough.
No worries ohcanada I will keep you in my prayers too.

jimmy64

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
01-01-2014 (DNA TEST)
Med's Request
Nov 4-2015 (REASSESSMENT)
Med's Done....
Nov 10-2015
Interview........
Jul 13 2015 (REQUESTED PAYMENT OF ARC & LANDING
Passport Req..
Feb 10 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
Hello Dear Eagle
Long time no talk.As you know i got PPR feb 10 and i sent it feb 15 and i am still waiting for visa issue.Month before my wife send inquiry to embassy they told her we are waiting for medical clearance and i did my medical last Nov 10,2015.My wife went to MP he told us same thing.I re sent a medical and plus proof of medical.Last week MP office called my wife and told her medical is approved so nothing to worry ,he said you should have visa this week or following week if you do not get it then he will call again.MP told my wife he can have inquiry every ten day not three months use to be and re medical no more once you did your medical is gona valid until finish your file.So i hopping my visa very soon.I do not understand why process taking for ever even after PPR.Pry for me.One day i will be flying like Eagle.Take care.

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi Eagle, My parents file transfer to Ottawa office in March 2016 as in Dec 2015 my sponsorship process starts and in March 2016 rec letter as eligible for sponsor and parents file transfer to Ottawa office. I already submitted all police clearances, landing fees and waiting for now medical request.

My time line as Nov-2010 application file , Rec file number in Aug 2013, Aor rec Apr-2015 and in Oct-2015 came to know as file in close status by dept mistake and after MP investigation file reopen and after review in Mar-2016 transfer to Ottawa office.
Pls guide what stage my file is as i think may be medical req will come next? Finger crossed

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy64 said:
Hello Dear Eagle
Long time no talk.As you know i got PPR feb 10 and i sent it feb 15 and i am still waiting for visa issue.Month before my wife send inquiry to embassy they told her we are waiting for medical clearance and i did my medical last Nov 10,2015.My wife went to MP he told us same thing.I re sent a medical and plus proof of medical.Last week MP office called my wife and told her medical is approved so nothing to worry ,he said you should have visa this week or following week if you do not get it then he will call again.MP told my wife he can have inquiry every ten day not three months use to be and re medical no more once you did your medical is gona valid until finish your file.So i hopping my visa very soon.I do not understand why process taking for ever even after PPR.Pry for me.One day i will be flying like Eagle.Take care.
Hello Jimmy64,

Since I reviewed your GCMS I believe 2 months ago I have not communicated with you. I admire your patience and courage, all you need to do is wait couple of weeks then you will fly for sure like an eagle lol. After this process you will be a different men. I cannot wait to hear that you got your visa in your passport.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moudgill said:
Hi Eagle, My parents file transfer to Ottawa office in March 2016 as in Dec 2015 my sponsorship process starts and in March 2016 rec letter as eligible for sponsor and parents file transfer to Ottawa office. I already submitted all police clearances, landing fees and waiting for now medical request.

My time line as Nov-2010 application file , Rec file number in Aug 2013, Aor rec Apr-2015 and in Oct-2015 came to know as file in close status by dept mistake and after MP investigation file reopen and after review in Mar-2016 transfer to Ottawa office.
Pls guide what stage my file is as i think may be medical req will come next? Finger crossed
I believe your parents' file is in stage 2 but RECEIVED. It is not yet in process unfortunately because parent's application take a bit more time than spousal application & children.

Stay strong someday you will see the victory.

Amina.M

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
AOR Received.
05-august-2015
File Transfer...
31-august-2015
Med's Request
2 June - 2016 - Remed Done June 4 2016
Med's Done....
27-may-2015
Interview........
Waived--
Passport Req..
November 29, 2016
Hi Eagle,

Thanks For such a nice post, clears things up.

I was hoping you can help me out, since you get to see a lot of average timings from different applicants.

I recently did a MP enquiry-
I found out Eligibility is passed and finalized on April 20,2016
Meds are valid till June 4,
Background verifications are in process .

Any Idea when can I expect anything. I have also requested for notes which i should recieve by the end of the month. Any clue how long background checks take and if I might be receiving another medical request.

Any info will be greatly appreciated . thanks in advance.

rotary1011

Sep 23, 2014
Eagle333 said:
I believe your parents' file is in stage 2 but RECEIVED. It is not yet in process unfortunately because parent's application take a bit more time than spousal application & children.

Stay strong someday you will see the victory.
Hi Eagle,

Thank you for posting such helping info for everyone. I have some question here and hopefully you can give your thoughts on this. I submit the spouse application for my wife on March, 2016 and ECAS was available to check on April, 2016. However, there are two separate status updates, one is sponsorship application status "In Process", the other one is permanent resident application status "Application Received". I am wondering are they mean the same thing? Is there a time line that we could expect it? Thanks in advance.

Ps: My wife and I were both international student, and she is expected to graduate at the end of this year.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amina.M said:
Hi Eagle,

Thanks For such a nice post, clears things up.

I was hoping you can help me out, since you get to see a lot of average timings from different applicants.

I recently did a MP enquiry-
I found out Eligibility is passed and finalized on April 20,2016
Meds are valid till June 4,
Background verifications are in process .

Any Idea when can I expect anything. I have also requested for notes which i should recieve by the end of the month. Any clue how long background checks take and if I might be receiving another medical request.

Any info will be greatly appreciated . thanks in advance.
Hello Amina,

One thing will happen in your case after BGC is completed, either CIC will send your re-medical request after June 4th is past or they might extend your medical to their discretion. Then Visa will be issue.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rotary1011 said:
Hi Eagle,

Thank you for posting such helping info for everyone. I have some question here and hopefully you can give your thoughts on this. I submit the spouse application for my wife on March, 2016 and ECAS was available to check on April, 2016. However, there are two separate status updates, one is sponsorship application status "In Process", the other one is permanent resident application status "Application Received". I am wondering are they mean the same thing? Is there a time line that we could expect it? Thanks in advance.

Ps: My wife and I were both international student, and she is expected to graduate at the end of this year.
Good Day rotary1011,

Yes the two status are totally different.
1. The sponsorship is in process
2. The permanent residence is received by CIC but not in process yet until sponsor is approved.

As long as you are a PR you can sponsor the spouse of your choice it does not matter.