+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE CLARIFY.....

canee2015

Jan 8, 2015
Hi Friends,
I filled the EE application form.
As I have not done the ECA (Educational Credential Assessment )while filling the application form I selected NO for ECA.
I have got 0 for education with total score of 230. even though me and my wife are post graduate. Both of us got 0 for education.

Could some one here please explain the reason. I am thinking ECA is not mandatory under Canadian Experience class.
I am working in Canada from past 15 months.

How long does it take to get ECA?

Do I need to post my resume in Job bank even though I already have full time job ?

Please let me know your input.

Thanks in advance

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canee2015 said:
Hi Friends,
I filled the EE application form.
As I have not done the ECA (Educational Credential Assessment )while filling the application form I selected NO for ECA.
I have got 0 for education with total score of 230. even though me and my wife are post graduate. Both of us got 0 for education.

Could some one here please explain the reason. I am thinking ECA is not mandatory under Canadian Experience class.
I am working in Canada from past 15 months.

How long does it take to get ECA?

Do I need to post my resume in Job bank even though I already have full time job ?

Please let me know your input.

Thanks in advance
If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials assessed against Canadian standards.
This is not mandatory if:
you got at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).
Note: Even if you do not need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so in order to increase your score and chances of being invited to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
It isn't necessary for Canadian Experience Class but if you obtained your degrees outside Canada then you require an ECA for them to actually provide points in your EE profile.

canee2015

Jan 8, 2015
Thank you for your response.
So I believe I have got 0 for education because I have not done ECA. ( all my education is outside Canada).

My second question is I am currently having job in Canada. I am on ICT ( Intra company transfer). I am working in Canada from 15 months. I have created profile in EE , is there a necessity to register for job bank?

Jamesatkinson

Jan 7, 2015
Hello everyone,

I had my education in Canada, it still shows 0 points for my education?

Does it take a while to update or something? I submitted by profile yesterday.

Thanks

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i selected no for ECA and I got point for my canadian education and since you dont need ECA for CEC you will be able to submit just with less point

sri012015

Jan 1, 2015
I created ee profile after submission it gave me that I am ineligible...

IELTS:
L:7.5
R:7
W:6.5
S:7
got my ECA done it gave me bachelor's degree. and i gave funds as 17000 and i tried even adding 4 yr as academic years n 6 too, though i am getting my profile ineligible n i gave noc as 2174 and have 3 yeras of IT experience. and the worst part is i am even unable to edit the submit application. someone plz tell me what to do or give me CIC contact details.
when i used the tool to determine eligibility it gave me that i am eligible but after filling the forms n submission its giving your profile is ineligible
i re-checked evrything. is there anyone with same problem :(

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
sri012015 said:
I created ee profile after submission it gave me that I am ineligible...

IELTS:
L:7.5
R:7
W:6.5
S:7
got my ECA done it gave me bachelor's degree. and i gave funds as 17000 and i tried even adding 4 yr as academic years n 6 too, though i am getting my profile ineligible n i gave noc as 2174 and have 3 yeras of IT experience. and the worst part is i am even unable to edit the submit application. someone plz tell me what to do or give me CIC contact details.
when i used the tool to determine eligibility it gave me that i am eligible but after filling the forms n submission its giving your profile is ineligible
i re-checked evrything. is there anyone with same problem :(

Your points come out to be 64

English - 20 ( CLB8 )
Education -21
Experience - 11
Age - 12

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

fpatel1

Jan 9, 2015
Hi,
I have submitted my EE profile,
I have ECA reports of bachelor degree of canada, I got below score in IELTS,
S-5.5, R-4.5, L-6,W-6, overall 5.5. My education qualification is B.Tech Mechanical with 5.4 Years experience in MNC company...Age is 27 Years
My spouse IELTS result L-5.5, S-5, R-4, W-4.5 Overall 5..Her education qualification is M. Pharm Pharmacology with 2 years exp. Her age is 27 years....
We are eligible for express entry FSW and please help me on express entry points calculation

susana

Nov 4, 2008
fpatel1 said:
Hi,
I have submitted my EE profile,
I have ECA reports of bachelor degree of canada, I got below score in IELTS,
S-5.5, R-4.5, L-6,W-6, overall 5.5. My education qualification is B.Tech Mechanical with 5.4 Years experience in MNC company...Age is 27 Years
My spouse IELTS result L-5.5, S-5, R-4, W-4.5 Overall 5..Her education qualification is M. Pharm Pharmacology with 2 years exp. Her age is 27 years....
We are eligible for express entry FSW and please help me on express entry points calculation
You are not elegible as FSW due to the IELTS results

canee2015

Jan 8, 2015
Friends
In continuation to my earlier questions,
I have done Bachelors from Delhi University and Masters from Pune,
If I go for ECA to get education points and increase my overall score, DO I need to get ECA for highest degree i.e only Masters or DO I need to get ECA done for Bachelors and Master both, please advise.

Thanks

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Can anyone help me calculate what my score will be for Express Entry?

Language - CLB 7
Age - 34
Education - It should likely come to 3year canadian diploma and 1year canadian postgraduate diploma, but i'm yet to do the ECA. I could only say this cuz my friend who have graduated together in the same programme, did ECA and that was what his result came to.
Experience - more than 6years in a skilled occupation of NOC B.

When i checked my eligibility, it said i was eligible but when i filled my profile and i submitted, it says not eligible. What do you think is wrong and what can i do because, i'm hoping to apply for the SINP Express Entry category and my work experience is listed as one of the occupation that Saskatchewan has listed as in-demand.

I need answers asap, thanks

canee2015

Jan 8, 2015
Re: PLEASE CLARIFY.....ECA question

Friends
I have applied for ECA from Delhi and Pune university.
After sending transcripts request in India, later I created WES [World Education Services] account and I did not send Academic Request Form with WES Reference number to Indian universities.
Now Delhi and Pune university will send the transcripts directly to WES but they wont mention WES reference number and also Academic Request form mentioned on WES website.

DO you guys know if it is ok or please suggest me what to do in this situation. I am worried WES should not reject my request

Anant555

Feb 13, 2015
Hi canee2015
I graduated from university of pune in 2010. i want to apply for ECA from WES. Can you please suggest me the required steps for obtaining the ECA. i am currently in canada, so whom should i contact in university of pune to get it done?

canee2015

Jan 8, 2015
Hi - Sorry for the delay in replying, you need to download the form from Pune university website and send it to Pune along with fees etc
Just search on google for "Pune Transcripts" and it will display the results with all necessary details.