+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please answer; What does it mean "In process" for convention refugee permanent residence status.

heavenlylove

Sep 18, 2019
canada
Hello everyone. I applied for my permanent residence status as a convention refugee some time in march 2019 and received an email in september 2019 stating that my appilcation is "in process" what does it mean when they said "IN PROCESS" and as a convention refugee will they ask me to do a "medical" again since i did one when i applied as a refugee claimaint in 2012 and will they ask me for a police report also? I applied for my daughter and I. Can someone please explain to me how immigration works, are convention refugge status different from outsiders like sponsorship,humanitarian etc? or they all take the same processing time and ask for the same documents ? I will really appreciate it if someone can answer my questions. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
It means they just started processing your application. In regards to your dependent and your spouse , you should include them all in your application. If they are overseas, once you got the last stage which is DM (decision made) them will start their application and it may take 4-6 months to proceed it plus or minus. If they are all in Canada they will proceed it with your application in same time.

Good luck

heavenlylove

Sep 18, 2019
canada
It means they just started processing your application. In regards to your dependent and your spouse , you should include them all in your application. If they are overseas, once you got the last stage which is DM (decision made) them will start their application and it may take 4-6 months to proceed it plus or minus. If they are all in Canada they will proceed it with your application in same time.

Good luck

Good luck

I only apply for my daughter and I as refugee claimant's am a single mother we both got approve and we both are here in Canada so will it take a year for us to receive our permanent residence and do we have to do a medical again? Or it will be just a few months since it states ”In Process”

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Approving the dependent restricted based on their ages and the relationship to the applicant. If your daughter less than 20 years as I remember they will include her in your application. The process time for PR application under protected person category are 19 months.

heavenlylove

Sep 18, 2019
canada
Approving the dependent restricted based on their ages and the relationship to the applicant. If your daughter less than 20 years as I remember they will include her in your application. The process time for PR application under protected person category are 19 months.
She's 8 years old. Thank you very much for your time and answers.

Luye

Jul 26, 2019

Good luck

Good luck
So for dependents in Canada it’s together?

what if my sole dependent in canada’s file was separated at hearing becuase they recently turned 18 and they were denied will they fall under my same timeline or the timeline of their siblings who are not in canada

Last edited:

Bucumi

Mar 21, 2020
Hello i did apply for refugee resettlement under private sponsorship to canada from last year 2019 i never finalized process up to now i need your help please

Reactions: foreign11