+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to move (BC to Ontario Toronto) (Health & Driving)

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Hello all

Please I need an advise on what I must do when I move to other province ( British Colombia Vancouver TO Ontario Toronto) what are the right legal steps for Health Insurance, Driving License and CRA or any other things that may apply that's all what I heard so I wanted to have more info as I do not know so much here.

Thanks to everyone.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long have you been in BC? There are residency requirements when it comes to healthcare use, etc. Otherwise. it isn't very hard you move and update your contact information and sign up for services in Ontario.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
How long have you been in BC? There are residency requirements when it comes to healthcare use, etc. Otherwise. it isn't very hard you move and update your contact information and sign up for services in Ontario.
less than a year

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
8 months and 2 weeks
Then you are fine to move. All the details about moving from a different province are available on the websites for OHIP, Ontario drivers license, etc. You'll have to make sure you cancel your MSP payments 3 months after you arrive in Ontario and get OHIP. All that information should be on the MSP website. You'll have to get car insurance in Ontario. Believe rates are higher in Ontario. Would encourage to google these things. Most of the info is readily available.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Then you are fine to move. All the details about moving from a different province are available on the websites for OHIP, Ontario drivers license, etc. You'll have to make sure you cancel your MSP payments 3 months after you arrive in Ontario and get OHIP. All that information should be on the MSP website. You'll have to get car insurance in Ontario. Believe rates are higher in Ontario. Would encourage to google these things. Most of the info is readily available.
thank you sir I ask here because I get more accurate answers ! thank you very much

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
please can you add links for OHIP & car insurance & MSP to find those information ?
I 'm so gratefull
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Google. I would just be posting the results of my own searches. Insurance companies will have varied costs but expect them to be quite expensive.

Reactions: Clorets90