File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I missed that question, sorry! I’m 34, and he’s 65. We started our relationship simply because we were attracted to each other, it might be very difficult to understand, I get it. I wonder how to make this reasonable to the VO.
Your age gap will be a red flag and it's a substantial gap. Since you have this red flag, you want to do what you can to show strong evidence of your relationship in other ways and avoid creating further red flags. This includes:

- Get married if possible rather than applying as conjugal.
- If you get married, don't get married on your first trip to see each other.
- If you apply as conjugal, vist each other 2-3 times before submitting the application.
- Increase evidence that you are in a marriage-like relationship together (e.g. shared financials, shared property, etc.)

Do you have similar educational levels? What about religions? What about employment and finances? If there are big differences between any of these, they may be regarded as additional red flags by IRCC.

Reactions: canuck78

Cytus51

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
My partner has never married any man or woman. Me either. We are very serious about this... I know feelings or decision might change when we finally meet, but we think the chance is very, very small. Although we haven’t met, but we spend 2-2.5 hours everyday on FaceTime, never missed a single day without contacting each other.

Cytus51

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Your age gap will be a red flag and it's a substantial gap. Since you have this red flag, you want to do what you can to show strong evidence of your relationship in other ways and avoid creating further red flags. This includes:

- Get married if possible rather than applying as conjugal.
- If you get married, don't get married on your first trip to see each other.
- If you apply as conjugal, vist each other 2-3 times before submitting the application.
- Increase evidence that you are in a marriage-like relationship together (e.g. shared financials, shared property, etc.)

Do you have similar educational levels? What about religions? What about employment and finances? If there are big differences between any of these, they may be regarded as additional red flags by IRCC.
I think we will think about getting married, since conjugal feels almost impossible now... maybe first visit I stay for few months, then leave for 1-2 months, and then come back for more. Then after 2-3 times, we get married. I wish I could spend as much time as possible with him.

My partner is a musician and former university professor. I have a bachelor degree, and I’m a part time photographer, I guess we both like art. And we both don’t have any religion.

My partner is not very rich, me either. He is retired, his life is comfortable on his pension, and I’m working a full time job in a metal trading company.

And thank you again! You are really kind and thank you so, so much for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think we will think about getting married, since conjugal feels almost impossible now... maybe first visit I stay for few months, then leave for 1-2 months, and then come back for more. Then after 2-3 times, we get married. I wish I could spend as much time as possible with him.
This is a good plan. Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you think we should set up a shared bank account maybe starting from now? Is it going to help if we start to do it earlier? Thank you!
Yes - you should do that now.