Planning a PhD from Canada: Plz join

balpreet kaur

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello frnd,
hopefully u all r fine..
i am masters(hons) student.
want to apply for phd(cell biology),want to join by sept 2013(as my degree will end by june 2013)
when should i start applying?
what else i need to keep in mind b4 applying.

beckett

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2009
AOR Received.
27/07/2010
Med's Request
22/02/12
Med's Done....
08/03/12
Passport Req..
12/10/2012
Hi.
I already hold a Masters (with distinction) from King's College London, and a PhD from University of London and I want to do a second PhD in Canada. My first choice id U of T and my second one is Waterloo. Any good chances of getting in?
Beckett

balpreet kaur

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello friends,
hopefully u all r fine.
i am student of dual degree i.e. bachelors+masters(5 yr plan)
i am planning a phd(cell biology,cell signalling) from canada.
as i will be completing my degree by june 2013.
i want to get in canada asap.
is it possible to start applying now and join by sept 2013.
where should i start???
should i start sending research proposals to supervisors??
as supervisors have some what similar ideas but vary a bit.should i write different research purposal
for each one of them or is there anything else i should do before it.
kindly help me by step by step procedure.
thanks.

rogerpaul

May 17, 2012
beckett said:
Hi.
I already hold a Masters (with distinction) from King's College London, and a PhD from University of London and I want to do a second PhD in Canada. My first choice id U of T and my second one is Waterloo. Any good chances of getting in?
Beckett
Hi, I am in the same situation. I will get my PhD from the University of Leipzig in Germany. Is there any way one can do a second PhD in Canada

nananxyz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
Nomination.....
04-09-2010
AOR Received.
18-09-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full documents to New Delhi
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
08-11-2012 PP Reached NDVO on 26-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Hope to receive soon
LANDED..........
Hope to receive soon
Dear All,

Please tell me if GMAT is a must for all universities in Canada if one wants to do PhD in Management / Business discipline.

I am also wondering if it is possible to work full time and do part time Phd as a PR.

Nanan

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
I have done M Tech in biotechnology from amity institute of technology Noida India and wish to PhD from Canada .My GRE score is 296/340 i am appearing soon for IELTS
request to convey which university can be applied without consent of supervisor as i am not getting reply from any one of them.
PLEASE HELP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have done M Tech in biotechnology from amity institute of technology Noida India and wish to PhD from Canada .My GRE score is 296/340 i am appearing soon for IELTS
request to convey which university can be applied without consent of supervisor as i am not getting reply from any one of them.
PLEASE HELP
Most schools require a supervisor to get admission to a PhD program. You are replying to a post from over a decade ago. Start a new thread

Reactions: narayan55

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am also intrested in doing a PHd. most school i check they ask for GMAT.
First of all frame a proposal then try it to send to related HODs. Follow up with them, if there is related research or interested supervisors you will be put in direct contact with them and then you can work on further to put your work in motion.

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Most schools require a supervisor to get admission to a PhD program. You are replying to a post from over a decade ago. Start a new thread
I have first sent emails to respective supervisors of various universities with my area of interest, after that i have even sent follow-up emails and requesting them to allow me to call.
But uptilt no response from them. I don't know what to do now.
please suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
See others suggestions. Would formulate what your area of interest is and proposed thesis ideas. Find professors who have relevant area or study. Send brief description of your education and work history, your GPA and a brief description of your proposed thesis. These professors get a ton of emails. Be very succinct and target professors who have a relevant field of research. You can always offer to provide more detailed information in the future but most PhD candidates send too much information at first.