20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Hi,

I got my 6-12 months wait letter on 20th March 2012. I am married and wondering if we 'plan' our first baby in the next two months (God willing), will it get me in to trouble as far as immigration process is concerned, as there is a possibility of getting medical requests from CIC within the next 9 months (I wish to believe so!!!) Doing X-Ray anytime during pregnancy seems to be a risk for the fetus.
a) Is it advisable that we prepare a medical report in advance from the same doctors / clinics who do medical check ups for Canadian immigration?
b) Is such a medical report accepted by CIC?
c) Is there a validity for the medical report?
d) If there is an addition to the family, between the period after doing medicals and issue of visa, how is it going to affect my application process? What happens to the new born's passport and visa?!?

Has any one known of any incidents that the medical checkups were repeated? It is a catch 22 situation for us, as having a baby is important for the family, and also getting the immigration process cleared without any further delays. We started the application process the same month we got married. This is the 3rd year since marriage we are waiting for CIC to clear things, that we make plans on family and where to settle down on a long term basis...

Your comments / feedbacks on what possible issues or advantages I may encounter, are highly appreciated. Thanks.

farhaniqbal

Nov 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 14-09-2012 and PPR2, 05-10-12, Decision Made on 8-10-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-12
LANDED..........
November 1, 2012 at Calgary
ASK said:
Hi,

I got my 6-12 months wait letter on 20th March 2012. I am married and wondering if we 'plan' our first baby in the next two months (God willing), will it get me in to trouble as far as immigration process is concerned, as there is a possibility of getting medical requests from CIC within the next 9 months (I wish to believe so!!!) Doing X-Ray anytime during pregnancy seems to be a risk for the fetus.
a) Is it advisable that we prepare a medical report in advance from the same doctors / clinics who do medical check ups for Canadian immigration?
b) Is such a medical report accepted by CIC?
c) Is there a validity for the medical report?
d) If there is an addition to the family, between the period after doing medicals and issue of visa, how is it going to affect my application process? What happens to the new born's passport and visa?!?

Has any one known of any incidents that the medical checkups were repeated? It is a catch 22 situation for us, as having a baby is important for the family, and also getting the immigration process cleared without any further delays. We started the application process the same month we got married. This is the 3rd year since marriage we are waiting for CIC to clear things, that we make plans on family and where to settle down on a long term basis...

Your comments / feedbacks on what possible issues or advantages I may encounter, are highly appreciated. Thanks.
Having medical before formal Medical Request is not possible. It will not be accepted by CIC.
However, it is OK to have a baby during the process. If you get Medical Request during pregnancy then medical is done and X-Ray is taken by putting a Led shield on abdomen to make it safe for the baby.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
farhaniqbal said:
Having medical before formal Medical Request is not possible. It will not be accepted by CIC.
However, it is OK to have a baby during the process. If you get Medical Request during pregnancy then medical is done and X-Ray is taken by putting a Led shield on abdomen to make it safe for the baby.
Thanks for your response. I have seen some threads debating on X-Rays during pregnancy. Not sure which argument is more scientific which is why I had to post the topic for more expert opinions.

And hey, Congratulations on getting PPR. Good luck.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
ASK HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FAITH.THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL DO IT AT APPOINTED TIME.GO AHEAD AND MAKE BABY.IF YOU EVENTUALLY GET MR YOU SEEK THE BEST ADVICE FROM YOUR DOCTOR.I BELIEF EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE BY HIS GRACE.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
shaddy said:
ASK HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FAITH.THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL DO IT AT APPOINTED TIME.GO AHEAD AND MAKE BABY.IF YOU EVENTUALLY GET MR YOU SEEK THE BEST ADVICE FROM YOUR DOCTOR.I BELIEF EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE BY HIS GRACE.
Hi,

Thanks for your comment. By the grace of God, we have not given up our hope and faith. Just a bit of confusion regarding this MR as one has to be doing things sensible than getting emotional. We have to do our part and take a sensible decision. Here we are trying to decide what is a more sensible decision - to wait for medical request or not! Let the almighty decide the outcome...what ever it be.