+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pl Share you EE score out of 600

ferdimako

May 1, 2014
mf4361 said:
Experiences gained while being a student don't count. Only those gained after graduation matters.

(I have 16 months co-op exp. that won't get counted....)
Really? I got my B.Sc while working full time. It was a self-taught recognized university. Single, 39, more than 6 years of that work, 7/7/7/6.5L and Masters while not working at all. No other experience.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
ferdimako said:
Really? I got my B.Sc while working full time. It was a self-taught recognized university. Single, 39, more than 6 years of that work, 7/7/7/6.5L and Masters while not working at all. No other experience.
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

15. (7)

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;

As for part-time study while in full time employment, I don't know about that.

Mine was co-op terms between 3rd and 4th year of my degree so I was still considered as a student and for sure that won't be counted.

binny_31

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Before submitting EE form It is asking for signature and have two fields i.e 1. Given name(s) 2. Last name(required)

I don't have any surname in passport. Only given name is mentioned in passport. I don't how should I fill these two fields.. Please help..

In FSWP 2014 I have put my "Given name" in last name field and "not applicable" in "Given name" field.. Please suggest how to go..

If I give like above form is showing my name as "not applicable xyz abc" which look weird.. So I am not transmitting my form. Please suggest.

Is it possible to create new account If something goes wrong in first account?

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
mf4361 said:
Apparently not anymore. CIC wants to let the Canadian job market to decide occupations of new immigrants. Thus, overwhelming points for those with LMIA jobs and no NOC restriction or eligible list.

If Canadian job market requires an overwhelming number of software engineers, then that's what going to
In the past, CIC do their research and see which NOC is under demand in Canadian job market, then they make a list of eligible NOC codes. Now the market itself controls that.
Do you have a job offer? That is when market forces of demand and supply comes to play.

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
My birthday comes up mid january. Will that reduce my score by end of january when the first draw will be done?

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
canadamyplace said:
My birthday comes up mid january. Will that reduce my score by end of january when the first draw will be done?
Yes :/

I know somebody that had a birthday on January 3rd.

He lost 5 points from Jan 2nd to Jan 3rd.

zwemnaar

Jan 8, 2015
Hi all,

I'm getting an overall score of 269.

Age 24
NOC 2251
It is given me 40 points for my 1.5yrs work experience in Canada
& 0 points for my Higher degree from Ireland.
Also, I'm getting nothing for skills transferability.

Basic, all I'm scoring points in is age, first language and work experience.

This is very doubting to look at, especially since I'm already working in Canada in the same job since my first visa was issued.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
zwemnaar said:
Hi all,

I'm getting an overall score of 269.

Age 24
NOC 2251
It is given me 40 points for my 1.5yrs work experience in Canada
& 0 points for my Higher degree from Ireland.
Also, I'm getting nothing for skills transferability.

Basic, all I'm scoring points in is age, first language and work experience.

This is very doubting to look at, especially since I'm already working in Canada in the same job since my first visa was issued.
Did you get your Degree assessed? Because without an ECA, you'll get 0 points unless your degree was awarded by a Canadian institution.

zwemnaar

Jan 8, 2015
doubleym said:
Did you get your Degree assessed? Because without an ECA, you'll get 0 points unless your degree was awarded by a Canadian institution.
I didn't. I thought since it wasn't required for the CEC than it wouldn't have matter, I guess I was wrong.

grrr, another 200 bucks towards this!

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
zwemnaar said:
I didn't. I thought since it wasn't required for the CEC than it wouldn't have matter, I guess I was wrong.

grrr, another 200 bucks towards this!
It is not required per CEC rules... you just don't get all the points you could, which is a necessity for EE.

ferdimako

May 1, 2014
mf4361 said:
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

15. (7)

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;

As for part-time study while in full time employment, I don't know about that.

Mine was co-op terms between 3rd and 4th year of my degree so I was still considered as a student and for sure that won't be counted.
Thank u.

BCornerstone

Aug 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
newGirl_sk said:
Well, my logic behind this was that even though they haven't released slots for each NOC, they do want people from all NOCs right? So if they need nurses and there are just 20 entries, they may not be as picky. Whereas if there are 2000 Software engineers and they dont need as many, they will pick the best with the best scores.

So, I feel I have more to worry about coz of my HOT HOT HOT Noc, than other cooler NOCs. :'(
Hope I am wrong. We can only speculate at this point.

Regards,
NewGirl_sk
Makes sense...

ablakitra

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Job Match - Coming Soon !

I need to know if anyone else is facing same screen ?

After making profile and having job bank code - my JOB MATCH screen shows Coming Soon !

My NOC is 2173

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Re: Job Match - Coming Soon !

ablakitra said:
I need to know if anyone else is facing same screen ?

After making profile and having job bank code - my JOB MATCH screen shows Coming Soon !

My NOC is 2173
Everyone sees that, the Job Match system isn't ready yet.

After you've created a Job Bank account linked to your EE profile, you should see your EE profile switch to being in the pool.