+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PIU TR TO PR 2023

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hi,
I'm an express entry CEC applicant. I submitted my file last year in October, 2022 and it has been in security check since January, 2023. While eligibility and medical have been passed, I recently order GCMS notes and saw a recent note
"PIU TR TO PR LIST FROM <some date>".
Please note my PVO is Edmonton.

Can someone please clarify what is PIU and why is my file sent to this unit? Also, is there a cause of concern and how long could it take further considering it has been more than 14 months since I last submitted my application?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,
I'm an express entry CEC applicant. I submitted my file last year in October, 2022 and it has been in security check since January, 2023. While eligibility and medical have been passed, I recently order GCMS notes and saw a recent note
"PIU TR TO PR LIST FROM <some date>".
Please note my PVO is Edmonton.

Can someone please clarify what is PIU and why is my file sent to this unit? Also, is there a cause of concern and how long could it take further considering it has been more than 14 months since I last submitted my application?
While they are unable to issue PFL, You file has been referred to PIU investigating possible misrepresentation, violating terms of previous TR or false information....

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
While they are unable to issue PFL, You file has been referred to PIU investigating possible misrepresentation, violating terms of previous TR or false information....
What is PFL? And is this concerning? How long could it take for a decision?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What is PFL? And is this concerning? How long could it take for a decision?
Procedure Fairness Letter, giving applicant opportunity to explain before making final decision. This is concerning, no one can tell you how long this will take.

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Procedure Fairness Letter, giving applicant opportunity to explain before making final decision. This is concerning, no one can tell you how long this will take.
Another thing is that I applied under CEC stream, why am I added to PIU tr to pr list?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Another thing is that I applied under CEC stream, why am I added to PIU tr to pr list?
In general term, you are temporary resident applying for a PR status. Abbreviation is correct In a global case mgt system.

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
In general term, you are temporary resident applying for a PR status. Abbreviation is correct In a global case mgt system.
Thanks.
Considering eligibility and medical is cleared, do you think they are investigating anything related to security?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks.
Considering eligibility and medical is cleared, do you think they are investigating anything related to security?
It's impossible for any of us to say. It could be something related to eligibility that was only identified after eligibility was cleared. Order your GCMS notes.

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
It's impossible for any of us to say. It could be something related to eligibility that was only identified after eligibility was cleared. Order your GCMS notes.
Eligibility was cleared in January 2023, I got to know about PIU from GCMS notes that I received last week. I haven't been reached out by IRCC regarding this.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks.
I cant speculate that, you are the one know how you filled all the forms and all other submissions. You should know why your file was referred to PIU. .I have seen cases where they re-open eligibility..

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Eligibility was cleared in January 2023, I got to know about PIU from GCMS notes that I received last week. I haven't been reached out by IRCC regarding this.
They will reach out to you if they prove their case, that will be through PFL.

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
I cant speculate that, you are the one know how you filled all the forms and all other submissions. You should know why your file was referred to PIU. .I have seen cases where they re-open eligibility..
Based on assessment in the latest gcms issued on 2023-11-30,
Criminality, info sharing, medical and eligibility are passed. PIU tr to PR list is from 2023-11-08.

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Are these causes of rejection or do applications get approved after PIU?
Hi, I also have the same comment under the Notes. I ordered my GCMS notes and found it today. My application is in 29th month rite now.. Everything done except Security. Did u get any further information about this comment.

PIU TR to PR List from NOV 8 2023

thanks
Sandeep