waitin
Med's Done....
waitin
Interview........
waitin
Passport Req..
waitin
Hi Guys

I am a physiotherapist from India. I started my evaluation in March 2009, it finished in January 2011. Now they are telling to to take courses which can take two years. So I my almost four years will be screwed by Canadian alliance of Physiotherapy.

There are not any Physiotherapy assistant job for physiotherapists in Ontario. They need need PTA educated from Canada. They just pay $ 11 to the foreign educated PTA'S.

I dont want to discourage anybody, but this is the true picture in Ontario.

Steve81

Reactions: Maya22

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steve81 said:
Hi Guys

I am a physiotherapist from India. I started my evaluation in March 2009, it finished in January 2011. Now they are telling to to take courses which can take two years. So I my almost four years will be screwed by Canadian alliance of Physiotherapy.

There are not any Physiotherapy assistant job for physiotherapists in Ontario. They need need PTA educated from Canada. They just pay $ 11 to the foreign educated PTA'S.

Steve81
It is the same for Canadian applicants. All Physiotherapist in Canada will require a Masters degree in Physiotherapy to practise.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
steve81 said:
Hi Guys

Steve81
Hi,
My sister has complete her BPT in 2012 April from India (4 Tear degree course)
Her over all percentage is 70.
yesterday she got result of first IELTS which is 6.5. (between 6 ,6.5, 6.5 and 7 in each ) so its not hard for her to get 7 in each in 2-4 month after little bit practice if required.
Now please help me with question below :
I am planning to Land as PR in July-Aug 2012,
Want to call her in Canada too, what will be best option for her , which prov offer easiest entry for physiotherepyst ,
Does PNP is best or student visa route .

Physiotherepyst please share your experience and guide us.
Thanks

bembolrocco

Star Member
Sep 19, 2010
steve81 said:
Hi Guys

Steve81
Hi,

Simply means that your college/university curriculum in Physiotherapy in India is not at par with the minimum standards of that in Canada. I suppose the credentialing is pretty similar with the OT's, correct me if I'm wrong. It starts with an initial screening with IQAS which tells you how your college/university documents fares with Canadian standards e.g. 5 yrs degree in PT in India ---- comparable to 3 yrs in degree in PT in Canada. Afterwhich, you need to proceed to the actual phase of credentialing in PT. in case of OT's they do it with CAOT.

If it's indeed not at par with canadian standards, you have no choice but to take substantial courses to meet the minimum standards of Canada. U.S., Canada, Australia/New Zealand are moving towards having masters in PT/OT to upgrade the standards of the profession.

If wanted to pursue our profession in Canada, we must be prepared to take on this imminent challenges of meeting their standards.

Regards,

Bembol

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
bembolrocco said:
Hi,

Simply means that your college/university curriculum in Physiotherapy in India is not at par with the minimum standards of that in Canada. I suppose the credentialing is pretty similar with the OT's, correct me if I'm wrong. It starts with an initial screening with IQAS which tells you how your college/university documents fares with Canadian standards e.g. 5 yrs degree in PT in India ---- comparable to 3 yrs in degree in PT in Canada. Afterwhich, you need to proceed to the actual phase of credentialing in PT. in case of OT's they do it with CAOT.

If it's indeed not at par with canadian standards, you have no choice but to take substantial courses to meet the minimum standards of Canada. U.S., Canada, Australia/New Zealand are moving towards having masters in PT/OT to upgrade the standards of the profession.

If wanted to pursue our profession in Canada, we must be prepared to take on this imminent challenges of meeting their standards.

Regards,

Bembol

Hi. Can you reply my question.
How to start.

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Aquib --> Well first of all you are sure you are not going to apply under the FSW scheme ? Because she can work for a year in India and then apply under the FSW (Fedral skilled worker) program.

I would say the route to take from here on is, that please ask her to apply for Credential evaluation to Alliance of Physiotherapy Canada. Now I have at least 4 friends + 1 ME (we all are Masters in Physiotherapy from India). We all applied for Credential Evaluation at different times, The ones who got their credentials evaluated had to do maximum of 2 months course in a Canadian institution. Wrote the license exam and all are practicing Physiotherapists in Canada, I am yet to land, I applied for Credential Evaluation last year so waiting for my turn.

But even for Bachelors candidates I have heard good stuff only, Bachelors from India who are awaiting their evaluation results are getting PT assistant jobs in Toronto (I agree less jobs in Toronto at the moment) but in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) like Brampton, Mississauga etc. PT A jobs are a plenty paying anything from $ 15 to $ 18 which is a v good survival package. After my friends got the license all are above $45/hour + benifits. One of my friend who is not taking any benefits from his employer his getting $ 85/hour.

@ Steve81 Buddy from which Univ and College you did your Bachelors degree, because I have a lot of my friends (including me) who have done are Bachelors and Masters from Rajiv Gandhi Medical sciences univ Bangalore and most of my friends just had to take the LPAR online course and then they were eligible to write the License exam and even before their results came out. All of them had PT Assistance jobs earning anywhere between $ 15 to $ 18 ..... Please let me know the Univ you did your degree from, maybe I know someone already in Canada from your Univ.

So the student route should be taken when other means have been exhausted and you have ample money. Even if after Credential evaluation the result is that she has to do some course or worst her masters in Canada, she would pay way less money if she is doing the masters as a PR, as compared to doing a Masters being a foreign student from India....... Let me know if I answered your queries or made you more confused :)

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bembolrocco said:
Hi,

Regards,

Bembol
seconded!!

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatex said:
hey yejydo...i sent u a PM..i'm 3142 4m naija n share a similar timeline wiv u
yes replied .. thanks

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
simi55in said:
@ Aquib --> Well first of all you are sure you are not going to apply under the FSW scheme ? Because she can work for a year in India and then apply under the FSW (Fedral skilled worker) program.

I would say the route to take from here on is, that please ask her to apply for Credential evaluation to Alliance of Physiotherapy Canada. Now I have at least 4 friends + 1 ME (we all are Masters in Physiotherapy from India). We all applied for Credential Evaluation at different times, The ones who got their credentials evaluated had to do maximum of 2 months course in a Canadian institution. Wrote the license exam and all are practicing Physiotherapists in Canada, I am yet to land, I applied for Credential Evaluation last year so waiting for my turn.

But even for Bachelors candidates I have heard good stuff only, Bachelors from India who are awaiting their evaluation results are getting PT assistant jobs in Toronto (I agree less jobs in Toronto at the moment) but in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) like Brampton, Mississauga etc. PT A jobs are a plenty paying anything from $ 15 to $ 18 which is a v good survival package. After my friends got the license all are above $45/hour + benifits. One of my friend who is not taking any benefits from his employer his getting $ 85/hour.

@ Steve81 Buddy from which Univ and College you did your Bachelors degree, because I have a lot of my friends (including me) who have done are Bachelors and Masters from Rajiv Gandhi Medical sciences univ Bangalore and most of my friends just had to take the LPAR online course and then they were eligible to write the License exam and even before their results came out. All of them had PT Assistance jobs earning anywhere between $ 15 to $ 18 ..... Please let me know the Univ you did your degree from, maybe I know someone already in Canada from your Univ.

So the student route should be taken when other means have been exhausted and you have ample money. Even if after Credential evaluation the result is that she has to do some course or worst her masters in Canada, she would pay way less money if she is doing the masters as a PR, as compared to doing a Masters being a foreign student from India....... Let me know if I answered your queries or made you more confused :)
Firstly please accept +1 as a thanks.

I am in Calgary now , landed 4 months ago.

Did you already landed , can i plz get your number to give you quick call .

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
simi55in said:

+1 for motivating us.
Thanks simi ;)

4can

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 february 2010
Doc's Request.
25 march 2010
AOR Received.
30 July 2010
IELTS Request
Inprocess since 15 march 2012
File Transfer...
Wait letter- 23 march 2012
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
18 march 2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
Well said! :)

simi55in said:

ganesh apk

Mar 29, 2013
hi, i am new to this forum,
can i get guidence reg credential evaluation
i am post graduate physiotherapist with 5+ exp.
plan to apply pr on may 2013

klmswatch

Feb 16, 2012
simi55in said:

-------------------------------------
[size=18pt]Dear All

Kindly tell me the expansion of LPAR online course and how to apply for that exam?

If you could give more details on this course it will help for lot of PTs

Best Regards
[/size]

4can

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 february 2010
Doc's Request.
25 march 2010
AOR Received.
30 July 2010
IELTS Request
Inprocess since 15 march 2012
File Transfer...
Wait letter- 23 march 2012
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
18 march 2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
It's PLAR. Don't worry about it. No more PLAR till rules change. So people with bachelors also are eligible for PCE after doing a 3 months online orientation course and credentials evaluated by Alliance. :)

klmswatch said:
simi55in said:

-------------------------------------
[size=18pt]Dear All

Kindly tell me the expansion of LPAR online course and how to apply for that exam?

If you could give more details on this course it will help for lot of PTs

Best Regards
[/size]