+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical presence

Engineer92

Sep 26, 2017
Hi all;

I came to Canada 15 years ago on a study permit, the lost status 7 years before i became a PR. i became PR 2 years ago. I have never left Canada. Does the period i spent before becoming a PR counts towards physical presence or not.
Thanks and have happy holidays

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all;

I came to Canada 15 years ago on a study permit, the lost status 7 years before i became a PR. i became PR 2 years ago. I have never left Canada. Does the period i spent before becoming a PR counts towards physical presence or not.
Thanks and have happy holidays
1. No, as you didn't have valid status.

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Hi,

I hope someone can clarify for me.

I have got my PR while residing in Ontario through express entry , recieved the card and all - now I have moved to Manitoba. I was wondering if the time that I’ll be spending in Manitoba will count towards my citizenship or do I have to be spending the physical presence all in Ontario since I got the PR while residing there - please clarify

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I hope someone can clarify for me.

I have got my PR while residing in Ontario through express entry , recieved the card and all - now I have moved to Manitoba. I was wondering if the time that I’ll be spending in Manitoba will count towards my citizenship or do I have to be spending the physical presence all in Ontario since I got the PR while residing there - please clarify
1. Last time I looked, Manitoba was part of Canada, where you live in Canada has no bearing on your citizenship application.