+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical presence

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
This maybe true. If you feel strongly on how the Canadian government can amend these regulations to better assist these people the Canadian government, and people, gave refuge to in their time of need, then reach out to your MP and suggest, or as you put it, "demand" that the laws passed by Parliament should be changed and or amended to better suit your needs now and for those requiring refuge in the future when their lives are in danger. .Or write a letter to the IRB, or Immigration department expressing your unhappiness with policy or the Immigration Act is, but for now, that is just the way the system works. Maybe if the government changes next year with the election, they will take the opportunity to change the Immigration Act, for better or worse. New governments typically brings in new policies reflecting upon the mood of the voting population
Totally agree and pointing this sentence out:

New governments typically brings in new policies reflecting upon the mood of the voting population.

The typical mood of citizens right now towards refugees are not very good mostly because of all the illegal border crossings that are draining resources. I am thinking if the government changes, we have to brace ourselves for things to get "worse" just like before when the parent/grandparent sponsorship was halted by the previous government (if I read it right, this happened, if not, oooops).

Anyway, I would add to have solid and practical suggestions to improve the system and not just to write and complain that the current system does not work. While it is true that newcomers in general (I am a newcomer too as I just arrived in 2016) also contribute to Canada, those who were born here or who have been here longer can also argue that THEY should be prioritized because of how long and how much more they have contributed. I personally do not have a solution to ANY of the immigration protocols because I don't know what the cause of delays are but I still wouldn't call the system unfair.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
You think having a different citizenship will be safe to travel back to your home country?

If there is any danger there, having a different passport won't change it. Well, at least I won't risk this. I think meeting at a third country may be a way to do it.
The idea or the plan here is NOT going to my back home country after getting Canadian citizenship to see family, NO, you got me wrong!! It’s about getting the PR then family can join us in Canada.

8-9 years to get PR (my situation) compared to 4-5 years (like other refugees) and not counting all of these years towards citizenship physical presence is something that the Canadian government needs to look at. That’s what I called unfair. This specific point ONLY! Not everything in the refugee system.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The idea or the plan here is NOT going to my back home country after getting Canadian citizenship to see family, NO, you got me wrong!! It’s about getting the PR then family can join us in Canada.

8-9 years to get PR (my situation) compared to 4-5 years (like other refugees) and not counting all of these years towards citizenship physical presence is something that the Canadian government needs to look at. That’s what I called unfair. This specific point ONLY! Not everything in the refugee system.
Then it has nothing to do with the topic "citizenship physical presence".

Once you are a PR, there isn't a lot of difference except being physically in Canada while you sponsor you spouse. If you plan to stay in Canada, what is the rush to apply for citizenship?

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Then it has nothing to do with the topic "citizenship physical presence".

Once you are a PR, there isn't a lot of difference except being physically in Canada while you sponsor you spouse. If you plan to stay in Canada, what is the rush to apply for citizenship?
Becoming a Canadian Citizen will be the best thing that could happen to me & my family. So having the privilege to be able to travel anywhere you want in the world and having the honor of being called Canadian are big reasons why I want to become a Canadian as soon as possible.

Reactions: YVR123