24-12-2009
Passport Req..
08-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
29-08-2010
Dear all.

I'm wondering if anybody out there has any advice regarding the presentation of photos as evidence for our relationship?

The other week I read on this forum that someone had copied and pasted their photos on to a MS Word document and wrote a caption under each picture detailing the date, who's in the photo etc. I thought this was a good idea and saves there being a huge bulk of photographs in the application. However, will the Canadian officials accept this, or do they want actual photographs printed out from a shop, like Boots or Kodak?

And on the subject of photos, does anyone know where I can get immigration photos taken in Seoul?

Thanks.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We printed out all our photos at one of those pharmacy photo kiosks. We arranged them, and discarded the ones we decided wouldn't be helpful. Then, we just put them back in the photo envelope, and I wrote "PHOTOS" on it and secured it with a couple of rubber bands. Low-tech, I know, but it worked.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
YorkFactory said:
We printed out all our photos at one of those pharmacy photo kiosks. We arranged them, and discarded the ones we decided wouldn't be helpful. Then, we just put them back in the photo envelope, and I wrote "PHOTOS" on it and secured it with a couple of rubber bands. Low-tech, I know, but it worked.
My understanding is that this would work, provided you do not get called in for an interview where you must provide all original documents. In the digital age this is possible and plausible. Your .jpeg or other common format pix will suffice for the application but if and when you are requested to attend an interview, I'd suggest going Boots-like or Kodak option to be on the safe side.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgchi13 said:
My understanding is that this would work, provided you do not get called in for an interview where you must provide all original documents. In the digital age this is possible and plausible. Your .jpeg or other common format pix will suffice for the application but if and when you are requested to attend an interview, I'd suggest going Boots-like or Kodak option to be on the safe side.
I'm not sure what you mean—had we been interviewed, we could have just reprinted the photos (which would be just as original as what we sent in). The kiosks are Kodak equipment.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I plan on just printing 2-3 pictures per page per event over our 3-year relationship. (Christmas, Halloween, 3 trips to Canada, Family visits, etc.) The captions are underneath and in my point of view (Applicant). For every picture, I have this:
XXX (Sponsor), XXX (Sponsor's Mother), XXX (Applicant) and XXX (Sponsor's Sister) during XXX's visit........(explanation). Photo taken by XXX.

And on the top of the page I have the event, the date and which Tab it corresponds with per folder.

Hope that helps!

camarsden

Dec 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
24-12-2009
Passport Req..
08-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
29-08-2010
hey there everyone.

thanks for all your responses. they're much appreciated.

i think i'll stick with my plan...like nyssa...it makes much more sense to do it like this. these days i tend to stick me SD card in me computer, transfer the files and then it's on me hard drive. i really can't remember the last time i went to get photos developed.

hopefully immigration will like my photos. although, if there's anyone who has got approved/rejected presenting their photos this way let me know asap.

thanks again everyone.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
YorkFactory said:
that's exactly what we did and it worked just perfect.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
camarsden said:
hey there everyone.

thanks for all your responses. they're much appreciated.

i think i'll stick with my plan...like nyssa...it makes much more sense to do it like this. these days i tend to stick me SD card in me computer, transfer the files and then it's on me hard drive. i really can't remember the last time i went to get photos developed.

hopefully immigration will like my photos. although, if there's anyone who has got approved/rejected presenting their photos this way let me know asap.

thanks again everyone.
do you plan to send them attached file or have it printed out?

camarsden

Dec 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
24-12-2009
Passport Req..
08-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
29-08-2010
hi

i plan to copy and paste them on to a word document - probably 2 on a page, write a caption underneath each photo explaining who/where it is etc and print them out, then attach them to the rest of my documents where appropriate.

does that sound good/make sense?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
YorkFactory said:
I'm not sure what you mean—had we been interviewed, we could have just reprinted the photos (which would be just as original as what we sent in). The kiosks are Kodak equipment.
Sorry - response more directly related to original poster, noting that they will need to go the actual photo route (as you did with your original submission) if they need an interview.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
camarsden said:
Dear all.

I'm wondering if anybody out there has any advice regarding the presentation of photos as evidence for our relationship?

The other week I read on this forum that someone had copied and pasted their photos on to a MS Word document and wrote a caption under each picture detailing the date, who's in the photo etc. I thought this was a good idea and saves there being a huge bulk of photographs in the application. However, will the Canadian officials accept this, or do they want actual photographs printed out from a shop, like Boots or Kodak?

And on the subject of photos, does anyone know where I can get immigration photos taken in Seoul?

Thanks.
Hi Camarsden, it is likely you read one of my posts about providing a "relationship chronology" though I am sure others have used Word to provide photo evidence of their relationship. To me it just seemed the easiest way to incorporate the pictures into the telling of our story for someone who doesn't know us. Constructing this document was by far the MOST FUN part of completing our application. But as you can see from other responses to your original post attaching photos in an envelope works fine too. Just be sure to send it in print form (no weblinks or cds) and follow the other guidelines like no photo albums etc.

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
We had some different ways of showing photos. Some we had printed out from the computer, four to a page, because (in this digital age) we don't have so many physical photos. Then we got some printed out from our digital copies and included those. All the photos had Post-Its stuck on them describing when & where it was taken and so on... this was mostly just luck on our part; we didn't know you couldn't write on the photos so it's a good thing we did the Post-Its. I just thought, when putting it all together, maybe they'll want to make copies of them so writing all over/around them wouldn't be good. It didn't look as tidy as printing them from a Word document perhaps, but it got the job done and the IO's can do with the Post-Its what they will!

We had some extra little things like newspaper clippings too. We didn't have a "Photos" envelope; all the photos were categorized into their specific sections. I don't know if this is right/wrong, but it worked for us (so far).

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
My photos are in different sections as well. It just made more sense in our case, at least.

I'm 90% sure my wedding photos will just be sent as is (NOT printed from Word) so they have actual photos of SOMETHING. And all considering, the wedding should be that something. ;-)