Photocopy of PR card and identification

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm preparing citizenship application, and gathering all the required documents.

As recommended by others, I scanned PR card and other identification cards and printed them with laser printer.

And I just noticed that scanned and printed copy of PR card is much bigger size than real one.

It's obviously much clearer but size is big.

Is it ok to submit like this? or should I scan and print again?

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they should be the same size as the originals. The easiest way is simply to copy them, but if you prefer to scan them, be sure to print them at the correct size.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
Size in not a matter. It must be clear. color is optional
Difference of opinion. Instructions say to make a photocopy of ID. An enlarged version doesn't look like an exact photocopy of the original. It may not be an issue, but why experiment?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
Difference of opinion. Instructions say to make a photocopy of ID. An enlarged version doesn't look like an exact photocopy of the original. It may not be an issue, but why experiment?
I tried original size, but number on the card is not really clear.

Has any application got returned due to manupulated size of identification?

If there has been a case, I definitely should photocopy again

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wcikkk said:
I tried original size, but number on the card is not really clear.

Has any application got returned due to manupulated size of identification?

If there has been a case, I definitely should photocopy again
I don't know the answer to that question. Perhaps others do. I simply made a photocopy of the cards (I didn't scan them) and I can read all the information. Have you tried that? If your copier doesn't make a clear copy, you may want to you use one that does.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I tried all above mentioned ways. the best way is to directly photocopy your card (actual size) using a good machine. photocopy scanned cards is not good or clear as direct photocopy. also I photocopy each side on separate page and attached two pages together by stapling for each card. This what I have done personally, you have the choice..

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So make enlarged version is not a good idea?

I enlarged approx 50% and it's really clear and vivid.

Will it be a problem?

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wcikkk said:
So make enlarged version is not a good idea?

I enlarged approx 50% and it's really clear and vivid.

Will it be a problem?
Don't know if it would be a problem.

Change your scanner settings so that it's scanning at the highest quality. That may be why your scans aren't clear. Is your scanner set to scan a photo or document? Check other settings that may cause changes in size.

I have a scanner/printer. I used it to copy the IDs onto the same piece of paper. So, both sides of my DL and health card are on the same page (marked "License and Health Card"). Did the same with the bio pages of old and expired passports (marked "Current and Expired Passports"). The old and new passports could be copied at the same time, but for the IDs, you need to put the paper back into the paper tray in the right orientation.

Our applications were accepted on the first try.

Since you have a scanner, I recommend scanning your application form and submitted documents into a PDF file. When you get your test invitation, they will ask for the originals of the documents submitted. With the PDF, you'll know exactly what you sent.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Here is a suggestion.

Use the scanner to scan the PR card at the highest resolution in PDF format. Select the source as "Letter size" (the size of the paper on which you want to print).
Once you scan it it will scan it as Letter size maintaining the original dimensions of the PR card and then print the PDF file to see how it looks.

If you still have issues, get it copied from a nearest professional photocopy store.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
Here is a suggestion.

Use the scanner to scan the PR card at the highest resolution in PDF format. Select the source as "Letter size" (the size of the paper on which you want to print).
Once you scan it it will scan it as Letter size maintaining the original dimensions of the PR card and then print the PDF file to see how it looks.

If you still have issues, get it copied from a nearest professional photocopy store.
Perfect solution to a really, really minor problem..