+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo Submission - 2 Different Specs

ivo123

Jan 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I am confused with what I need to do in regards to the digital photo section. It sounds so simple...

I have found two different specs.

One here and two here.

If I go with spec one I can easily get the photos taken and then sent to me in the required format via e-mail and upload and this is what I plan to do.

Spec two here, talks about having physical photos, and having it signed by the photographer, showing my name and DOB.

My questions:

1. If I am uploading digital photos, why is the requirement for two? Do I need to get two different photos taken on different days?

2. Am I uploading 1 photo that is digital and 1 scan which has the studio address and name DOB on the back?

3. Which one of the two specs is the correct one to use for express entry submission?

Thanks in advance!

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hi guys,

I am confused with what I need to do in regards to the digital photo section. It sounds so simple...

I have found two different specs.

One here and two here.

If I go with spec one I can easily get the photos taken and then sent to me in the required format via e-mail and upload and this is what I plan to do.

Spec two here, talks about having physical photos, and having it signed by the photographer, showing my name and DOB.

My questions:

1. If I am uploading digital photos, why is the requirement for two? Do I need to get two different photos taken on different days?

2. Am I uploading 1 photo that is digital and 1 scan which has the studio address and name DOB on the back?

3. Which one of the two specs is the correct one to use for express entry submission?

Thanks in advance!
You only require the physical photos after you receive PPR and submitting the physical photos (2) signed for COPR. If you are just submitting your photo during the application process then a single digital photo will work.