+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo Specifications for PR FSW. What in case someone has spects

viralgupta

Jun 8, 2014
I almost always wear spects. Should i get photograph for PR FSW 2014 application done without spects.

--thanks

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
If you always wear specs then you can take the photograph with your specs but you need to ensure that the lens/glass does not obscure your eyes. Tell the photographer that there should not be any glare on the glass from flash/lights. The same applies for for your face, your cheeks or forehead should not have any glare as well.

If you need more details please search for CIC Photograph requirements, a PDF file with all the details is available. If you don't find that please let me know I will upload here.

I am in Bangalore and went to GK Vale for these photographs. The pictures came back horrible, almost like mug shots but as per specifications :eek: Its always good to carry the specifications along when you go as I found that the studio was not aware of Canada requirements in particular. The studios are more aware of US/Singapore/Australia specifications

viralgupta

Jun 8, 2014
Thanks for your response.

Appendix A which talks about Photo Specification does not talk about spects.

I will copy/paste the text from the website here. If you know of something else pls share.

================
TAKE THIS WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER

Immigration photographs are not the same as passport photographs.
Make sure that you provide the correct number of photographs specified in the Checklist.
Notes to the photographer

The photos must:

show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;
have a plain white background;
be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split‑image or multi‑lens camera;
The photos must:

measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;
have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 ¾”) finished size.
============================================

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Here you go, its all on CIC Website and I took a copy when I went to get the photos clicked

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf

Regarding the glare, I am sure I read it on CIC Website but can't find the link/documentation now. You can choose to ignore it if you wish