+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo Resubmission Request

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hi, I got Photo resubmitted request on 26 Nov for my wife and send it via courier which is received by 01 Dec in Sydney office. Not sure what is time line as of now to process PR card after new photos?? any thoughts.....

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi, I got Photo resubmitted request on 26 Nov for my wife and send it via courier which is received by 01 Dec in Sydney office. Not sure what is time line as of now to process PR card after new photos?? any thoughts.....
We sent them Nov 3rd and they are not in their system yet.

Reactions: Mrletterbox

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hello friends,
My friend has a concerning problem with his PR card. He entered Canada 6 months ago. They sent him an email to submit new photos by mail. He did and after 3 months the inquiry in web form was saying the photos are not in the system. He sent another pair of photos on Nov 3rd. Again in the web form today they told him the photos are not in the system. What is wrong here? We are sure the photos were delivered by Canada post. Does it take a long time that photos to appear in their system? Please share your thoughts. Thank you
This is very serious problem. Hopefully this will over soon and he gets the PR sooner.
One question when they request Photos they gave 180 days. Meaning by November it's already more than 6months. Are they still accepting the photos.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
This is very serious problem. Hopefully this will over soon and he gets the PR sooner.
One question when they request Photos they gave 180 days. Meaning by November it's already more than 6months. Are they still accepting the photos.
We sent the photos 2 times. it was before the 180 days deadline.
The profile shows in progress. No idea when it is going to finish. Already 6 months

sunnyrain

Dec 14, 2022
Hi all! I am in a somewhat similar boat and would appreciate some help. My first question is - for the first PR card, where are you checking application status? If I check the application status here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do and it says no result found! So it hasn't started processing maybe? Or am I checking in the wrong place?

In my case, I landed in end of June and got a request for photos mid August, and sent them the same day. Unfortunately, I didn't know UPS would not deliver them to the PO box 4500, and it went to the general delivery area. I realized this error in late November and sent photos again, via Canada post. Somewhere in the middle I sent an inquiry through webform and was told that it's being processed.

Here's where it gets a little complicated - I needed to leave Canada and have now applied for a PRTD. I need to leave this country and travel to a second one, so I'm not sure how I'll submit my passport. Do you think there's hope that I can get my PR card before end January? TIA!

nesog

Nov 2, 2022
Hi all! I am in a somewhat similar boat and would appreciate some help. My first question is - for the first PR card, where are you checking application status? If I check the application status here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do and it says no result found! So it hasn't started processing maybe? Or am I checking in the wrong place?

In my case, I landed in end of June and got a request for photos mid August, and sent them the same day. Unfortunately, I didn't know UPS would not deliver them to the PO box 4500, and it went to the general delivery area. I realized this error in late November and sent photos again, via Canada post. Somewhere in the middle I sent an inquiry through webform and was told that it's being processed.

Here's where it gets a little complicated - I needed to leave Canada and have now applied for a PRTD. I need to leave this country and travel to a second one, so I'm not sure how I'll submit my passport. Do you think there's hope that I can get my PR card before end January? TIA!
Unfortunately everbody can’t seem update in their application status. Do you know your photos delivery date? Canada post should give you a track number.

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020

Try to link your PR card application via GC key account by using ur Application number, name and place of birth information. Once linked u can see the overall status of your application.
I am also not able to use the same link which you are referring to.
For ur resubmitted photos I guess you should received feedback by January.

mj1989

Jul 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

We are in a similar situation landed in June 2022. Photos Resubmission - End of August. Submitted the photos via Canada post in the first week of Sept 2022.

No response since then and recent calls to IRCC say that they are opening envelopes received in June 2022. I heard the same two months ago. Unable to link the application and web forms come back with generic response.

Nearing the six month mark since we landed, should we do anything else to accelerate the PR card? Has anyone received after 3 months of photos re-submission?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

nesog

Nov 2, 2022
Hello everyone,

We are in a similar situation landed in June 2022. Photos Resubmission - End of August. Submitted the photos via Canada post in the first week of Sept 2022.

No response since then and recent calls to IRCC say that they are opening envelopes received in June 2022. I heard the same two months ago. Unable to link the application and web forms come back with generic response.

Nearing the six month mark since we landed, should we do anything else to accelerate the PR card? Has anyone received after 3 months of photos re-submission?
Hi! IRCC does not give the current date, only once they (accidentally) gave me the correct date, August 8th. According to a member just wrote, the current date is 22 august.

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

Why is there so much of delay ? Are they having a lot of photo rejections to process ?

mj1989

Jul 4, 2020
Hi! IRCC does not give the current date, only once they (accidentally) gave me the correct date, August 8th. According to a member just wrote, the current date is 22 august.
Thanks! When you say current date - Is that the date when an applicant received the resubmission request for photos or the date of received envelopes with photos that IRCC is now opening?