+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo Resubmission Request

siddsin

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hello everyone!

I compelted my soft landing on September 24th 2021 and came back to the US after that with the dependent. I got the following email yesterday :-

"
This letter is to inform you that your photo submission has been received by our office. The photos submitted to this office do not meet the required specifications. Your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.

You must send:

Two (2) new photos that meet the specifications set out in the document located at the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html.

You must submit the requested documentation within 180 days of your date of landing. If you do not submit the requested documentation within 180 days of your date of landing, your PR card request will be cancelled and you will be required to apply for a PR card with an application, supporting documents, photos and processing fee.

Please note that a valid Canadian address is necessary for us to be able to send you your Permanent Resident Card. Please return this letter and photos by mail to:

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card

PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1
To avoid any delay, please provide IRCC with a permanent Canadian address by accessing the on-line Address Notification service on the IRCC web site at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify . If an updated address is not provided, your PR card will be mailed to your address shown at the top of this letter.

Should you have any questions or require assistance, please visit our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration citizenship.html or contact your service provider organization

Please disregard this notice if you have recently submitted new photos to our centre or have received your PR card. Thank you"

I have a few questions and was wondering if anybody can help me with the same :-

1. Can I get a picture clicked in the US and send it or do I need to get it clicked in Canada itself?

2. Do both me and the dependent need to get the pictures clicked and sent to Canada?

3. The address where the card had to be mailed, that I had mentioned while landing was not printed accurately in the mail which I received. It was mentioned on the top and the word "WEST" was missing. My question is how will I be able to update the address?

Thanks in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Can I get a picture clicked in the US and send it or do I need to get it clicked in Canada itself?
Shouldn't matter.

2. Do both me and the dependent need to get the pictures clicked and sent to Canada?
No way to tell from what you posted here, perhaps the full text with names would tell you. Personally I'd probably submit photos for all and clearly mark which are which.

3. The address where the card had to be mailed, that I had mentioned while landing was not printed accurately in the mail which I received. It was mentioned on the top and the word "WEST" was missing. My question is how will I be able to update the address?
While not ideal, if it's a Canadian address where the East and West street addresses have different postal codes and the postal codes are clearly marked, Canada Post will probably deal with it correctly. Would still be good form to include a piece of paper noting the omitted West and providing the full address (including postal code).

Reactions: BNG

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone!

I compelted my soft landing on September 24th 2021 and came back to the US after that with the dependent. I got the following email yesterday :-

"
This letter is to inform you that your photo submission has been received by our office. The photos submitted to this office do not meet the required specifications. Your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.

You must send:

Two (2) new photos that meet the specifications set out in the document located at the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html.

You must submit the requested documentation within 180 days of your date of landing. If you do not submit the requested documentation within 180 days of your date of landing, your PR card request will be cancelled and you will be required to apply for a PR card with an application, supporting documents, photos and processing fee.

Please note that a valid Canadian address is necessary for us to be able to send you your Permanent Resident Card. Please return this letter and photos by mail to:

PO Box 4500
To avoid any delay, please provide IRCC with a permanent Canadian address by accessing the on-line Address Notification service on the IRCC web site at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify . If an updated address is not provided, your PR card will be mailed to your address shown at the top of this letter.

Should you have any questions or require assistance, please visit our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration citizenship.html or contact your service provider organization

Please disregard this notice if you have recently submitted new photos to our centre or have received your PR card. Thank you"

I have a few questions and was wondering if anybody can help me with the same :-

Thanks in advance!
Hello everyone!

"

You must send:

PO Box 4500

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I have the same issue. Ca I please know if you sent it from the USA and if it was an issue. I did a soft landing and came to Sri Lanka and wondering if it's alright to send a picture from here.

Thank you!

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Hi- Seeking help from folks who have been asked to resubmit their photos for the PR card I want to be able to get an acknowledgment of the photos I will be submitting.
The address given in the email, to submit the Photos, is Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card PO Box 4500 Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1
1. Did the courier/ Canada Post register, express mail /UPS/ FedEx accept this address and you were able to get an acknowledgment from the courier?
OR

2. Did you have to send it to 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS, B1P 5Z2 ?(The courrier address mentioned here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-sydney-nova-scotia.html )

The reason i ask this is apparently some couriers/registered posts do not mail to PO BOX .
Any help on this appreciated!

Maple bonbon Sirop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Haiti
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-02-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
Hi @siddsin How long did it take for them to send the PR card after you sent the new photos? We are in a similar situation
Got the same request end of july... Submitted new set of photos same week... Till now nothing !

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi @Maple bonbon Sirop That's unfortunate. Me and my daughter received our PR card last week (got the cards 70 days after landing - I am in Canada now). However, we got the resubmission request (2 weeks ago) only for my wife. We submitted the new photos last week and FedEx shows delivered.

Did you receive any notification from IRCC that they received the photos? We did not.

Do you know others who may be in similar situation? I am wondering if this long delay is the common case..

bkaur7100

Sep 13, 2022
Hi @Maple bonbon Sirop That's unfortunate. Me and my daughter received our PR card last week (got the cards 70 days after landing - I am in Canada now). However, we got the resubmission request (2 weeks ago) only for my wife. We submitted the new photos last week and FedEx shows delivered.

Did you receive any notification from IRCC that they received the photos? We did not.

Do you know others who may be in similar situation? I am wondering if this long delay is the common case..
Hello,
I am in the same boat. My parents landed in July 2022 and received resubmission in mid September. No acknowledgement for photos delivered and no update. Phoned IRCC and agents says it could take months as they are processing photos resubmitted in May 2022.

Reactions: labataille16

bkaur7100

Sep 13, 2022
thanks @bkaur7100 , this is very good to know. Our timelines are very similar. Please ping here once you get your parents PR card
I was on call with an agent at IRCC and as usual there is no entry in the system of receiving the photos as they are processing retakes from May 9, 2022 (which is the same as told to me 3 weeks ago) so don't know if this is going to help or not.

I wish all of us good luck.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
thanks @bkaur7100 ! Can you share what phone number you used to call them?

On my side, issue is that my wife is in India now and she is the one who got the photo resubmission request. I was hoping to get her PR card by mid-Nov, which is when I go to India, and so could have taken the card with me. We have our India to Canada return tickets for December. I think may be at this time applying for the PR travel document from India is the best bet.

Does anyone know how long PRTD application is taking these days in India?

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I was on call with an agent at IRCC and as usual there is no entry in the system of receiving the photos as they are processing retakes from May 9, 2022 (which is the same as told to me 3 weeks ago) so don't know if this is going to help or not.

I wish all of us good luck.
You mean you were on a call today?

bkaur7100

Sep 13, 2022
thanks @bkaur7100 ! Can you share what phone number you used to call them?

On my side, issue is that my wife is in India now and she is the one who got the photo resubmission request. I was hoping to get her PR card by mid-Nov, which is when I go to India, and so could have taken the card with me. We have our India to Canada return tickets for December. I think may be at this time applying for the PR travel document from India is the best bet.

Does anyone know how long PRTD application is taking these days in India?
i phoned 1-888-242-2100 and you choose the options 3 3 0 to get to an agent. It might be busy and disconnect/hang up but keep trying if you want to talk to an agent