Doc's Request.
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hi

As per CIC website

Two (2) pieces of the child's personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child's name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card

If there is information on both sides of your child's personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided

Wondering what should be the photo ID for my daughter who is going to Grade 1 ( we can not provide passport or immunization record as she is school going, where as school record and Alberta health card has no picture on it)

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For photo ID, you should get her a passport, if you are applying for her citizenship, that means that she was not born in Canada and immigrated here, so you should be able to apply for her passport at your corresponding embassy.
If you don't want delays with your application for citizenship, (at least no more than the usual) submit everything they ask for.
Good luck!

honeybee

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
waitingforcic said:
For photo ID, you should get her a passport, if you are applying for her citizenship, that means that she was not born in Canada and immigrated here, so you should be able to apply for her passport at your corresponding embassy.
If you don't want delays with your application for citizenship, (at least no more than the usual) submit everything they ask for.
Good luck!
thanks for reply, but this is not the answer i asked for, kindly read my post again :). We have PR card and passport for her but CIC wants other photo ids else than these for school going children.

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
When I applied, I sent photocopies of my kid's health card and school records along with an explanatory letter.

Just write a letter indicating that the passport and PR card are only identifications with photos for your kid.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
We had exactly the same situation - our daughter was in grade 1 when we filed our application back in spring this year. We sent the copy of her PR card, passport, and school records. It was enough, as our application has the status 'In Progress' and we've received the letter & the book from the CIC.

honeybee

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
Suin said:
We had exactly the same situation - our daughter was in grade 1 when we filed our application back in spring this year. We sent the copy of her PR card, passport, and school records. It was enough, as our application has the status 'In Progress' and we've received the letter & the book from the CIC.
Thanks Suin 8)