+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS LABOUR OFFICE (POLO)

ericparungao

Nov 18, 2010
Greetings from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration!

For OFWs considering employment in Canada under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (including the Live In Caregiver Program), please note that you and your prospective Canadian Employer must comply with both Philippine and Canadian Government requirements prior to the commencement of your employment in Canada.

For OFWs who are coming to Canada from the Philippines, your prospective Canadian Employer must submit Employment Documents for Verification to the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) which has jurisdiction over their province. Upon completion of the process, POLO sends notice to the POEA allowing you to apply for your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). For more information on the Verification of Employment Documents, please instruct your prospective Canadian Employer to contact POLO Toronto at 416.975.8252 Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm EST. OECs will NOT be issued to OFWs whose prospective Canadian Employers have not completed the process.

While we encourage discussion, specific cases will be addressed individually for reasons of privacy. You may email us your concerns at owwatrt@bellnet.ca

For more information regarding the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (including the Live In Caregiver Program), join us on Facebook. In Facebook, search for groups: OWWA Canada.

Sincerely,
Eric Parungao
Welfare Officer
owwatrt@bellnet.ca

Reactions: Jclarin88

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
i cant find in fb

ericparungao

Nov 18, 2010
Greetings from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration.

In Facebook, enter "OWWA Canada" in the search field.

To request for a copy of the instructions for the Verification of Employment Documents, as well as a copy of the Addendum to the Employment Contract, you may email POLO Toronto at owwatrt@bellnet.ca.

Mabuhay po kayong lahat!

Sincerely,
Eric Parungao
Welfare Officer

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Do we still need those when we are already in Canada as temporary foreign workers?

ericparungao said:

To request for a copy of the instructions for the Verification of Employment Documents, as well as a copy of the Addendum to the Employment Contract, you may email POLO Toronto at owwatrt @ bellnet.ca.

Mabuhay po kayong lahat!

Sincerely,
Eric Parungao
Welfare Officer

Pitat

Sep 28, 2010
can my employer start the polo processing even if i don't have my visa yet? I'm done with my speak test & medical, still waiting for my visa. it's been 14 mos. now since my application for twp under LIC program. pls. reply. tnx! God bless..

mayann

Mar 13, 2012
Good day!
I am one of the applicants under the Live in care giver who had already received a working visa.I processed my work permit application in saudi arabia.I am here in the philippines now and i heard that employers must submit Employment Documents for Verification to the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) which has jurisdiction over their province. Upon completion of the process, POLO sends notice to the POEA allowing you to apply for your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). My employer already sent a signed copy of contract and the addendum for Live in care giver program but im not sure if the copy is appropriate because i just made a copy of the addendum and a copy of the contract with my signature and send to my employer which he sent to POLO toronto.Can i have a copy of the instructions for the Verification of Employment Documents, as well as a copy of the Addendum to the Employment Contract to make it sure that my employer sent the right one ,i tried to send to the email add you provided but its repeatedly bouncing back and says invalid.can you provide me the correct email add.Do you have any idea how many weeks will my employer will have to wait for the verified and authenticated contract and addendum.
My employer sent last february 23,2012.It has been almost 3 weeks since he sent the documents.
Hoping for your response soon.I need your insights.Pls reply as my employer needs me urgently.Thank you!!

willie303

Feb 6, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-09-2021
AOR Received.
16-09-2021
Med's Done....
24-10-2021
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
N/a
LANDED..........
N/a
iamkhel said:
Bakit po ang tagal ng processing ng verification ng employment ng POLO?

oo nga....almost 3 months nko naghihintay

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
ericparungao said:

To request for a copy of the instructions for the Verification of Employment Documents, as well as a copy of the Addendum to the Employment Contract, you may email POLO Toronto at owwatrt @ bellnet.ca.

Mabuhay po kayong lahat!

Good day sir.

what about those semi-skilled workers?i.e.. Guest Services agent in a hotel. Do we still have to accomplish this requirement?

Apr 12, 2014
Hi guys! I'm a newbie hir.. Matagal po ba talaga process ng POLO? How long will it take po kya? Since January pa kasi ko nag aantay.. May why po ba na mismong ako ma check kung ok na yung polo ko? thank you..

Tabatina

Dec 6, 2017
Good day,

The trend was 2014, may I ask if all had wait for 3 months or more than?
I received my Working Visa and done with pdos October 2017. Still waiting for POLO which Mercan said was passed last November lang.

krizzy008

Oct 13, 2017
Good day,

The trend was 2014, may I ask if all had wait for 3 months or more than?
I received my Working Visa and done with pdos October 2017. Still waiting for POLO which Mercan said was passed last November lang.
Hi any suggestions sa polo and pdos ano uunahin at processing time ty