+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS LABOUR OFFICE (POLO)

blue_human

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
09-02-2021
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, pero I just got a job offer from my Company HQ in Toronto (working as a Director/Manager for an insurance company). It's an internal transfer-- it's the same company kaso I'll just be working in the HQ. Currently, contract is 3 years, with a chance to extend if I want to apply for PR. Yung visa and work permit will be handled by our Global Mobility Team, so I think that's OK. My problem is the POEA/OEC/OFW requirements from our end. I'm not sure what the process is-- I've seen some differentiation between reqts for low-skilled and high-skilled workers, but I'm not sure if that's still under effect.

For anyone who's in the same situation as I am, can you kindly help out with what you guys did before being able to fly out? I'm scared that if I don't comply with OEC reqts, the immigration will hold me in the airport. It's still a couple of months away that's why I'm taking care of this now. Meron ba guys here who come from their Philippines operations (like Citibank or HSBC or any multinational company) and then got sent to another country's operations pero almost for good? How was the process?

Thanks so much.

Reactions: Bellabeau

HelloOEC

Nov 29, 2018
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, pero I just got a job offer from my Company HQ in Toronto (working as a Director/Manager for an insurance company). It's an internal transfer-- it's the same company kaso I'll just be working in the HQ. Currently, contract is 3 years, with a chance to extend if I want to apply for PR. Yung visa and work permit will be handled by our Global Mobility Team, so I think that's OK. My problem is the POEA/OEC/OFW requirements from our end. I'm not sure what the process is-- I've seen some differentiation between reqts for low-skilled and high-skilled workers, but I'm not sure if that's still under effect.

For anyone who's in the same situation as I am, can you kindly help out with what you guys did before being able to fly out? I'm scared that if I don't comply with OEC reqts, the immigration will hold me in the airport. It's still a couple of months away that's why I'm taking care of this now. Meron ba guys here who come from their Philippines operations (like Citibank or HSBC or any multinational company) and then got sent to another country's operations pero almost for good? How was the process?

Thanks so much.
Hi, we're on the same boat.
Even though we already have our VISA, we can't leave for Canada.

Yes, you will be held in the immigration. Earlier this month, we had a vacation in Taiwan. And since we have a "live" Canadian VISA, we were held up in the immigration counter of NAIA. They are suspicious that we are bypassing the OEC processing by exiting from Taiwan. Fortunately we got through by proving that the trip was for vacation and by presenting some email thread that my OEC processing is ongoing.

Regarding the OEC process, our company hired an agency here in the Philippines to handle it. The agency requires the POLO approved job contract and that's where we're at right now. My employer went to POLO just yesterday to have the documents reviewed and they are asking for adjustments, so my employer had to make some updates and submit them again. POLO said it would take another 2 to 4 weeks to process the updated documents.
The process will continue here in ph when the agency received the POLO approved documents. They would have them approved again by the Philippine embassy, then once approved, it would take a week or two to finish some seminars and actually releasing the OEC.

In my opinion, the exit documents required by the Philippine government takes painfully too much to process. This is given the fact that it's an internal transfer.

Oh well, nothing we can do but be patient and prepare lots of pasalubong to aleviate the troubles caused by this process to our employer.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Bellabeau

Bellabeau

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hello po sa lahat!

Hingi po sana ako ng advice regarding sa requirements needed before fying to Canada from Philippines.I am currently working in Dubai and just waiting for my Work Permit with LMIA Visa Stamp duration of 2 years.Tapos naghihintay na lang din po ng stamp Misis ko for her OWP,sa dalawang chikiting ko for their TRV and Student Visa sa Pinas.
Direct hire po ung sakin galing sa Employer ko sa Toronto.
Ask ko lang po na kelangan pa din po ba makipag ugnayan ang Employer ko sa POLO Canada para sa requirements namin sa OEC.May PDOS pa din po ba kami kailangan kahit di po Immigrant ung visa namin..at saka ano ano pa po requirements ang hinahanap as Family na pupunta ng Canada sa Immigration ng Pinas bago lumipad..
Pacenxa na po sa abala,sana po makihingi ng konting advice kung ano ang mga dapat gawin.
Salamat po!

m@g@n

Oct 12, 2018
Hello, baka po meron dito latest news about polo processing ngyon pong January to march 2019 .how long po kaya process ng POLO.. salamat po
Hi there! In my case It took us one week to process my POLO documents in POLO TORONTO. Just ensure that all documents are complete when you submit it.

Mar 11, 2019
Hi there! In my case It took us one week to process my POLO documents in POLO TORONTO. Just ensure that all documents are complete when you submit it.
Ohh, really? Salamat naman po kung ganon ..
I'm a direct hire here in Philippines..
I had to look for an agency to process my polo there in Canada.. I think the polo recieved the requirements already .. I'm hoping po na sana hindi na umabot ng months gaya po last year ..it took 4 mos sa,kakilala ko.

Reactions: ephy and m@g@n
Mar 11, 2019
Kakareleased lang po sa POLO ng docs ko. Ano po pala sabi sabi ng agency niyo ma'am?
Hello sir. Yr 2018 po kyo nag apply..
Ask ko lng po bka po may latests news about polo verification ngyon 2018 king may nabago po sa time processing nila..kasi Nga po 2017 to 2018 napakatagal mag release ng polo .kamusta po kaya ngyon? Salamat po

Chats33

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello sir. Yr 2018 po kyo nag apply..
Ask ko lng po bka po may latests news about polo verification ngyon 2018 king may nabago po sa time processing nila..kasi Nga po 2017 to 2018 napakatagal mag release ng polo .kamusta po kaya ngyon? Salamat po
Hi! ask ko lang if okay na POLO mo? ilang months po processing saiyo? waiting din kasi ako, Ty!