+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD student - Asylum

Billa Srikar

Jun 29, 2021
I am queer individual currently on study permit doing PhD. I would like apply for asylum visa because I don’t want to go back to home country where my parents might engage me to the other sex. Lack of funding, my professor suggested me to back track to master's and marked my progress unsatisfactory. All these situations are really stressing me out. Can someone let me know whether I could stay in Canada still facing these challenges applying to work permit? Will the immigration considers my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am queer individual currently on study permit doing PhD. I would like apply for asylum visa because I don’t want to go back to home country where my parents might engage me to the other sex. Lack of funding, my professor suggested me to back track to master's and marked my progress unsatisfactory. All these situations are really stressing me out. Can someone let me know whether I could stay in Canada still facing these challenges applying to work permit? Will the immigration considers my application?
Your application will be considered but we cannot tell you if it will be approved.

You can apply for a work permit once you submit a refugee claim. It can sometimes take quite a while for the work permit to be approved.

Lack of funding is not a reason to claim asylum. You will want to demonstrate that you will be persecuted if you return to your home county.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
So what is the risk of persecution here?? Being engaged in other sex? How long have you being in Canada