Passport Req..
29-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rx Riz said:
Hi all,

my application under 3131 sent out to be delivered on 11/1/11. latest update cap 320 on 10/18/11, hw r the chances for me to fall in cap of 500?
Hi,
I think if your file is complete and not missing any thing for sure you will made it, and probably you will receive you PER during January.
this is what i think.
Best of luck,
Hussam

BDimmigrants

Aug 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
app reached 28.07.2011
Doc's Request.
all sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/10/11 2nd AOR through snail mail on 28th NOV, Got inprocess on March 29
IELTS Request
Send along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
collected passport on 11.02.13
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2013
Aleksstrum said:
Congrats BDimigrants and i wish you luck further more for your proces
Can you tell me if you applay as a med rep(industrial pharmacist). I am asking because i applay with the same work experience on 22.08.2011.
no i am not a med rep. i work on a pharmaceutical industry as an industrial pharmacist

waitin4hubby

Oct 27, 2011
filling pr said:
hi everyone...

i m new in this group and would be applying for PR in coming month...
could somebdy please help me with what kind of job options we have in Canada ? I am post graduate in pharmacy and working for past 6 years in regulatory affairs department, would I am be able to get same kind of profile in Canada as well ?

if not, could somebody help me with the exam pattern which we need to clear to be registered pharmacist in Canada ?

also, please help me with the timeline or receiving the PR from India?

Regards
SG
You won't be able to get the same jobscope here in Canada. Because they prefer local graduates in industrial pharmacy. But yes prospects are good for pharmacists once you are registered. But it takes time, you have to be patient.
To register as a pharmacist you need to fulfill federal and provincial requirements.
Federal requirement is by PEBC (Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada). The steps to fulfill it are as follows:

1. Get your documents evaluated (takes about 6-8 weeks)
2. Pass Evaluating Exam (takes place in January/July each year)
3. Pass Qualifying Exam Part 1 (MCQ) and Part 2 (OSCE) (takes place in May/November each year)

You only have 3 attempts for each exam. 4th attempt will be on appeal and you need guarantee from your current employer that you will pass.

After you have fulfilled all of PEBC requirements, it depends on the province you are going to settle in, each province has a different requirement. But basically you have to do studentship, internship and a jurisprudence exam of that province before you can be a fully registered pharmacist.

This whole process can take about 2-3 years or earliar, depending on how fast you pass all the exams. It's a tedious process and ofcourse some people have to support their families or have other responsibilities, so they do other jobs meanwhile. But once you get your licence, you are all set to go.

Hope it helps.

Do check out PEBc website for more details: pebc.ca

Good Luck!

filling pr

Apr 24, 2011
waitin4hubby said:
You won't be able to get the same jobscope here in Canada. Because they prefer local graduates in industrial pharmacy. But yes prospects are good for pharmacists once you are registered. But it takes time, you have to be patient.
To register as a pharmacist you need to fulfill federal and provincial requirements.
Federal requirement is by PEBC (Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada). The steps to fulfill it are as follows:

3. Pass Qualifying Exam Part 1 (MCQ) and Part 2 (OSCE) (takes place in May/November each year)

You only have 3 attempts for each exam. 4th attempt will be on appeal and you need guarantee from your current employer that you will pass.

After you have fulfilled all of PEBC requirements, it depends on the province you are going to settle in, each province has a different requirement. But basically you have to do studentship, internship and a jurisprudence exam of that province before you can be a fully registered pharmacist.

This whole process can take about 2-3 years or earliar, depending on how fast you pass all the exams. It's a tedious process and ofcourse some people have to support their families or have other responsibilities, so they do other jobs meanwhile. But once you get your licence, you are all set to go.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck!
thanks for reply. i will checkout the PEBC site for more details.
as you have rightly mentioned, the process is seems to be very tedious, what ELSE would be the options which i can opt for? can i clear that PBEC exam while i m in India?

how much is the usual timeframe for getting a PR for pharmacist from India ?

Regards
SG

filling pr

Apr 24, 2011
mayankpandya said:
Dear Spokes,

There is no advantage of taking PEBC in FSW.

Also this will be required when one want to practice as Pharmacist in Canada.

So to appear in PEBC you have to be in Canada.

Hope this will help you.

Regards.
Mayank
hi Mayank,

could u please help me with what kind of job options we have in Canada ? I am post graduate in pharmacy and working for past 6 years in regulatory affairs department, would I am be able to get same kind of profile in Canada as well ?

if not, would PBEC exam is the only option for me to stay & work in Canada ? also, please help me with the timeline for receiving the PR from India?

Regards
SG

waitin4hubby

Oct 27, 2011
filling pr said:
thanks for reply. i will checkout the PEBC site for more details.
as you have rightly mentioned, the process is seems to be very tedious, what ELSE would be the options which i can opt for? can i clear that PBEC exam while i m in India?

how much is the usual timeframe for getting a PR for pharmacist from India ?

Regards
SG
No you cannot clear the PEBC exams while in India, you have to be in Canada to do it. But if you have the money, you can just visit Canada to do the exams and move only when you have passed all the exams. But if you can't afford to do that then there's no other way, you can't take all the exams at the same time, the timeline is infront of you.
Meanwhile depending on your opportunities, you can look for a job in another field or work as a pharmacy assistant in retail pharmacy (that way you will get familiar with the Canadian pharmacy system). Or you can enroll in a post graduate diploma programme or other graduate studies. But do keep in mind without your license you can't work as a pharmacist. With your license you can work in retail or hospital. Retail will give you more experience and money.

I am sorry I am not sure about the time frame from India.

nikhil_miral

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its been a very long time........ CIC has not updated the cap..........

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
waitin4hubby said:

Hope it helps.

Good Luck!
good day waitin4hubby!!
thanks for sharing valuable info.+1 for u. ;D

hope88

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
07-04-2011
Med's Done....
28-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 7-08-11, Visa rcvd: 16-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
hello fellow pharmacists.... ;D ;D

anybody here done with Document Evaluation from PEBC?

seema.vashista

May 13, 2011
If you want to stick to RA profile only, you can go for ie yr course in Regulatory affairs. then your scope for Job will increase.

filling pr said:
hi Mayank,

could u please help me with what kind of job options we have in Canada ? I am post graduate in pharmacy and working for past 6 years in regulatory affairs department, would I am be able to get same kind of profile in Canada as well ?

if not, would PBEC exam is the only option for me to stay & work in Canada ? also, please help me with the timeline for receiving the PR from India?

Regards
SG

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
waitin4hubby said:

Hope it helps.

Good Luck!
please share your experience related to PEBC exams especially books and materials on the following thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pharmacists-join-this-thread-for-document-evaluation-evaluating-examinationqu-t86723.0.html

filling pr

Apr 24, 2011
seema.vashista said:
If you want to stick to RA profile only, you can go for ie yr course in Regulatory affairs. then your scope for Job will increase.
Hi seema,

Thanks for your inputs. I am aware of the CERTIFICATION courses for US i.e. RAPS, but not aware of course in Canda. In case if you have some urls or some certification courses which is specifi to Canada could you please share the same. Also, could you please let me know what kind of profile you are into (if not confidentail/ personal) :)

vnreddy12

Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent along with application
HI .just worried if iam within the cap as the number of applications already reached 320 by october 18th 2011and there is no update since then.my file will be in canada by nov 4th 2011.mostly as per tracking DHL.NOT SURE!HOPING FOR THE BEST(NOC 3131).pls advice if iam still within the cap

thanks

vinay

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
hope88 said:
hello fellow pharmacists.... ;D ;D

anybody here done with Document Evaluation from PEBC?

You may apply for Document Evaluation and the Pharmacist Evaluating Examination online. However, you cannot apply online for Document Evaluation and the Pharmacist Evaluating Examination at the same time. You must first apply for Document Evaluation and wait for PEBC to send you an email with your assigned PEBC Identification Number (usually takes one to two weeks). When you have received your PEBC Identification Number, you may then apply online for the next sitting of the Pharmacist Evaluating Examination. Please note that, if you apply online, you must still print off your completed online application form(s) and submit them, along with the checklist(s) and required documentation, to PEBC by the application deadline date. If you complete an application form online but do not send the printed form to PEBC, you will be charged an administrative fee of $100 (Canadian) and your application will not be processed and will be treated as a withdrawal.
If you have funds on account with PEBC, you cannot apply online and you need to print off the application form(s) and complete them manually. Application forms are available: Application form in printable PDF format. You must download and print a copy of the form. PEBC is developing an online application and payment process. Please visit the PEBC website regularly for updates. There are English and French versions of the application forms. Please select the correct version, choosing the same language in which you wish to take the examination. The checklist on page two of the application form must also be completed and signed before the application form is sent to PEBC.

Please note that application forms cannot be delivered in person to the PEBC office.

Please keep us informed about any changes to your contact information (address, telephone number, email address), by advising us in writing by fax, mail or email.

Instructions for first page of application:

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3116/la_id/1.htm

Yes Hope88 i have done all of these stepby step and they are very strict u must follow!

nikhil_miral

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnreddy12 said:
HI .just worried if iam within the cap as the number of applications already reached 320 by october 18th 2011and there is no update since then.my file will be in canada by nov 4th 2011.mostly as per tracking DHL.NOT SURE!HOPING FOR THE BEST(NOC 3131).pls advice if iam still within the cap

thanks

vinay
Same case here... My file is received by M.KRSZWDA today as per current tracking details of my courier.... NOC 3131
I think we would be in cap for sure.... Dont worry..
after the next updation in the cap it will be more clear about our application... and ya HOPE for the BEST
Vinay when u sent your application ? from where ?

Nikhil