+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Good day and thanks to all for your valuable contributions. Please I need your advice and opinion.
I was enrolled for a two year post graduate diploma course in Advance Business Admin in 2021., however upon completion of the first year (though no certification was issued), I decided to change program and enrolled for another course on Health Admin given that I have a better chance of getting a job upon completion. The Health Admin course is a one-year certification course, though from same DLI school.
My question is how does this affect my PGWP chances? and could it be treated as a 2year study, and hence a chance of getting 3-year PGWP or otherwise.

Appreciate any insight from any one please.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day and thanks to all for your valuable contributions. Please I need your advice and opinion.
I was enrolled for a two year post graduate diploma course in Advance Business Admin in 2021., however upon completion of the first year (though no certification was issued), I decided to change program and enrolled for another course on Health Admin given that I have a better chance of getting a job upon completion. The Health Admin course is a one-year certification course, though from same DLI school.
My question is how does this affect my PGWP chances? and could it be treated as a 2year study, and hence a chance of getting 3-year PGWP or otherwise.

Appreciate any insight from any one please.
Did you complete the first two-year program? If not, then you will be eligible for a one-year PGWP because you completed only one program (one year). You don't get credit for an uncompleted program.

Reactions: YVR123

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Did you complete the first two-year program? If not, then you will be eligible for a one-year PGWP because you completed only one program (one year). You don't get credit for an uncompleted program.
Thanks so much. Really appreciate the feedback.
Again what is the prospect of accumulating sufficient point to be eligible to apply for PR given a 1 year PGWP duration?
appreciate any insight please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks so much. Really appreciate the feedback.
Again what is the prospect of accumulating sufficient point to be eligible to apply for PR given a 1 year PGWP duration?
appreciate any insight please
Did you inform IRCC of your change in program?