+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Working outside Canada

contactrajesh

Oct 4, 2020
Hi, I have an PGWP approved till 2024, working virtually for a company in Toronto. Can I travel to India and work from there for 6 months if I employer agrees. Is there any implications from immigration side. Have anyone tried this before and how long a person can work outside Canada in PGWP.

I will be paying taxes here in Canada.

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can work in India. It doesn’t count towards Canadian experience. You can work as long as you want as the PGWP has nothing to do with employment outside Canada.

contactrajesh

Oct 4, 2020
You can work in India. It doesn’t count towards Canadian experience. You can work as long as you want as the PGWP has nothing to do with employment outside Canada.
Just to confirm on the understanding, I will be working from India for an employer in Canada and receive salary in CAD to my canadian bank account. So hopefully there is no restrictions from immigration perspective if the employer is good with such an arrangement.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to confirm on the understanding, I will be working from India for an employer in Canada and receive salary in CAD to my canadian bank account. So hopefully there is no restrictions from immigration perspective if the employer is good with such an arrangement.
You are working remotely not using your PGWP. So no issues. You claim experience as foreign work experience.

Reactions: contactrajesh