+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP withdrawal and reapplication

May 26, 2024
HI Everyone,

Would like to know if anybody has the same situation as mine:

1. Applied PGWP 24 May 2024 - with valid study permit until 18 Jul 2025, completed studies with completion letter and transcript of records.
2. Noticed that there were some errors in the application - Submitted webform to withdraw application on 25 May 2024

Questions:

1. Can I reapply immediately without waiting for the withdrawal confirmation of my May 24th application?
2. Can I work once I have submitted my reapplication under "maintained/implied" status?

Thank you.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
HI Everyone,

Would like to know if anybody has the same situation as mine:

1. Applied PGWP 24 May 2024 - with valid study permit until 18 Jul 2025, completed studies with completion letter and transcript of records.
2. Noticed that there were some errors in the application - Submitted webform to withdraw application on 25 May 2024

Questions:

1. Can I reapply immediately without waiting for the withdrawal confirmation of my May 24th application?
2. Can I work once I have submitted my reapplication under "maintained/implied" status?

Thank you.
Can the "errors" translate in to misrepresentation?

May 26, 2024
Here are the errors:

1. Full Name was mentioned under Family Name
2. Missed to provide information about the student permit document number and
3. I answered *No* when asked if a work/visitor/student permit was issued before.
4. Missed to provide all pages of passport.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Here are the errors:

1. Full Name was mentioned under Family Name
2. Missed to provide information about the student permit document number and
3. I answered *No* when asked if a work/visitor/student permit was issued before.
4. Missed to provide all pages of passport.
You can submit a webform for 1-3 and wait for IRCC response. For 4, (ideally) they will ask you to provide that information when processing instead of returning your application.

Now, if you don't want to do that and withdraw and resubmit instead, this is what you should do.

- Submit the withdrawal request.
- Submit the new application(you can do it right after submitting withdrawal) and explain in a letter that you have previously submitted and withdrawn an application and would like this one to be processed instead. Add the reasons for withdrawal.

If your 1st application has already reached the capture stage, you will lose the fees. If it hasn't, the fees can be applied to your 2nd application.

And yes, you can work while waiting for PGWP if you meet the conditions mentioned here.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181

May 26, 2024
Thank you very much!!

Follow-up question please, how will I know if my application reached the capture stage? Is there any indication in the online application I can check? Or should I call the IRCC's contact center?

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Thank you very much!!

Follow-up question please, how will I know if my application reached the capture stage? Is there any indication in the online application I can check? Or should I call the IRCC's contact center?
There used to be a payment portal which will show you the balance from the receipt and once IRCC will capture the fees it would become zero. I don't think it's still available and it probably didn't list the payments made with application directly. The only way to find out is wait I guess or apply for case notes(which really wont stop the damage but keep you informed). Worst you lose fees for one application.

May 26, 2024
Got it. Thank you!! By the way, I asked an immigration consultant about my case and she strongly suggested not to work since I don't have authorization to do so and referred me to seek an immigration lawyer's advice.