+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refused

niksjnnt

Jan 19, 2023
Jan 19, 2023
Hello guys.I hope you all are doing good.I need your advise regarding my PGWP refusal.
I applied for PGWP on 27th July 22 and got the refusal on 14th Dec 22 on grounds that i did not maintain full time student status.
I failed 2 courses each in my 2 semesters out of 4.Also I had to apply for study permit extention and restoration of status which i applied within 90 days as my study permit expired which I realized later.it took about 3 months to get approved for same.so I had a gap for that particular period of time.then I took all my remaining courses and passed the course.
Also my graduation letter mentions that I completed the requirement of full time programme.I did not provide any explanation letter in my initial application regarding my situation or why it happened.I applied for reconsideration already explaining everything through consultant.
Please let me know what do you guys think of it.Also let me know should I do a re application if get rejection for reconsideration.thanks

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that, I was in the same situation back in 2018. I did consult immigration lawyers before applying but still I was not sure if it will be approved. So I took flag-poling as the step as I had valid study permit+ TRV. It was issued to me by the CBSA officer.

I am not recommending anything here just sharing my experience. Hope it helps.

If you apply again, make a clear explanation about your situation.

OVD

Feb 9, 2023
***PGWP SPECIAL CASE***
Initial PGWP application : August 30, 2022.
Review eligibility: January 9, 2023.
Refusal: January 9, 2023.
Applied for Reconsideration by webform: January 23, 2023.
Review eligibility: February 14, 2023.
Approved: February 14, 2023.

More Details:

Hello, I studied 3 Years Advanced Diploma. So, I was supposed to get 3 years of work permit. But, it got refused as I studied part-time in my Scheduled Break. So, I applied for reconsideration via webform and submitted the proof showing that the term I was part-time was my scheduled break. I got email mentioning that they have received to document on very next day of raising the webform. I got another email from officer on February 6, 2023 mentioning that My file have been sent to responsible office. On February 13, 2023 I got email that IRCC is waiting to hear from me (that means they want me to pay $100 that was refunded for open work permit and upload the receipt). I did that on very same day and my status got changed to submitted/processing from refusal. After 24 hours, I got email mentioning that we updated your application status. I logged in and found that the application was approved.

I hope you get in detail information about the case. I was so confused when I got refusal but I stood for myself. I asked couple of lawyers and they were suggesting me to reapply the PGWP along with the status of restoration with their own fees the total amount was $1750. But, I opted to go for reconsideration by myself.

I am not an immigration consultant but want to inform about the case as I wasn't having the information about this when I got refusal.

Thank you for reading this long message.

avidqtaqtx

Apr 18, 2021
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that, I was in the same situation back in 2018. I did consult immigration lawyers before applying but still I was not sure if it will be approved. So I took flag-poling as the step as I had valid study permit+ TRV. It was issued to me by the CBSA officer.

I am not recommending anything here just sharing my experience. Hope it helps.

If you apply again, make a clear explanation about your situation.
Did you had an SOP with you during flag-poling. I'm in the same situation as well and with a job offer in hand I'm tempted to apply for pgwp but the uncertainty of the approval is pushing me back.
What reason/proof did you showed at the border with regards to failed courses or part time status if any.

kati12

Aug 2, 2023
Hello everyone ,
my pgwp was refused saying the biometrics receipt was not uploaded properly. I have raised a new pgwp application and they are asking me to attach the biometrics receipt. I am confused do I attach the same receipt? Or pay $85 again and attach the receipt. Please help me out.

thank you

Devian00987

Mar 26, 2024
Hi all, I am in a little critical situation right now, I applied for my PGWP on February 29, I got 2 unofficial breaks and had part-time semesters. My consultant says that I should Flagpole as I can PGWP there, but I am too scared to do so as what if officer asked me something and I may not know what to say him or if he saw in the system that I got unofficial breaks and worked in one of the breaks. My Study permit is expiring on 30 March and I want to know if someone with similar situation flagpoled or any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.