File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has anyone tried that? I know for sure that my pgwp will be denied because I was part time for 3 semesters and have not ceased working at the time. It was Fall 2017 - winter 2018. Would that be grounds for express entry with LMIA refusal as well?
Hard to say. It's possible it could be since this work was illegal.

Reactions: angelwings19

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Restoration won't fix the fact that you worked illegally. You just need to hope it doesn't hamper any other applications. Nobody can say whether it will or not.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
That was me that replied. For the last time, nobody can give you a definite answer. Employer has to get the LMIA first and knowing that it's a restaurant job and a lot of canadians can do the job, you may not qualify for an LMIA.....if you are even qualified for the job.

angelwings19

Sep 3, 2019
That was me that replied. For the last time, nobody can give you a definite answer. Employer has to get the LMIA first and knowing that it's a restaurant job and a lot of canadians can do the job, you may not qualify for an LMIA.....if you are even qualified for the job.
sorry russ6970. Misread the thread. My employer is willing to do a LMIA. I just don’t know if it will work out with the Express entry application because of the violations

301debby

Apr 6, 2018
Hello guys, i need help please. I applied for an open work permit as a visitor in july 12th while i was still in school, i got a letter from immigration then requesting for my transcripts, degree and completion of studies letter. I gave them all that. I just got a refusal letter today saying i wasnt full time through out my entire stay in school. This is the thing here, i started school in 2014 and i was full time until 2017/2018 academic year, then i got an email from school saying that i took too many 1st year courses which cannot count towards my credit so i had to take more courses during the 2018/2019 academic year which was part time. I took 2 courses during the fall semester sept 2018 and another 2 courses during the winter semester because there were not much courses to choose from as i was they had different courses available for the fall, winter and summer session, so i had to chose the course according to my major. I also had to take 2 more courses again during summer to increase my gpa. Does that not count as my final semester being part time as i was full time from 2014-2017. I was refused based on the reason that i was not full time through out my entire stay in school, but i find it hard to believe that is the reason. Please any help. Do i just apply for a employer specific work permit, i do not have much time as i am on a visitor visa since my study permit expired on july 31st 2019.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, i need help please. I applied for an open work permit as a visitor in july 12th while i was still in school, i got a letter from immigration then requesting for my transcripts, degree and completion of studies letter. I gave them all that. I just got a refusal letter today saying i wasnt full time through out my entire stay in school. This is the thing here, i started school in 2014 and i was full time until 2017/2018 academic year, then i got an email from school saying that i took too many 1st year courses which cannot count towards my credit so i had to take more courses during the 2018/2019 academic year which was part time. I took 2 courses during the fall semester sept 2018 and another 2 courses during the winter semester because there were not much courses to choose from as i was they had different courses available for the fall, winter and summer session, so i had to chose the course according to my major. I also had to take 2 more courses again during summer to increase my gpa. Does that not count as my final semester being part time as i was full time from 2014-2017. I was refused based on the reason that i was not full time through out my entire stay in school, but i find it hard to believe that is the reason. Please any help. Do i just apply for a employer specific work permit, i do not have much time as i am on a visitor visa since my study permit expired on july 31st 2019.
Based on the information you have provided, your PGWP was correctly refused since you were a part time student in more than one semester. One of the rules to qualify for a PGWP is that you must be a full time student throughout your studies - apart from your very last semester. Based on the information you have provided, you were part time in your last two semesters of studies - which means you don't meet the requirements for a PGWP.

Yes - at this point you would need to get an employer specific work permit. This means you need a job offer from an employer and also an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Heyyy.. I was in part time in two semesters in the middle of the school years. However, I took three courses with 8 credits AND study hours was 14hours which is more than full time study. So if your study hours was more than 9 hours, write a letter about that..

I think you should ask some help to your school advisor or professor. When I was really frustrated and panic, I emailed my school professors and they tried to help me as much as they can. One of the professor wrote a letter for me and sent me. And on the day I got the letter from professor, I got my pgwp! Anyways, get some help from school.

pgwp has some requirement. But the most important thing is that you pursue academic learning actively through your school years.

sandeep bal

Jan 16, 2020
My PGWP got refused on border. And i am not able to apply for next three months.My husband is going to india to bring by baby. There visa is also upto 31st march. What sort of questioning can be done at port of entry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PGWP got refused on border. And i am not able to apply for next three months.My husband is going to india to bring by baby. There visa is also upto 31st march. What sort of questioning can be done at port of entry
Why aren't you able to apply for the next three months?

vhshah

Mar 4, 2020
Hi. I am currently in a master’s program at the university of Waterloo. The fall term in 2019 was meant to be my last term and hence I took it as a part time term. However I failed a course due to which I had to take an extra term tHat i am currently doing in winter 2020 ( no breaks). Since I only had one course, I was registered as a part time student again. I was also workings part time during both terms. Now while I have been told by the university’s immigration team that I can write a letter of explanation for this unfortunate situation, is there anyway for me to actually pgwp?