+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused, because of a mistake in the College Transcript!

ramanpreet355

Apr 30, 2020
Hi i got the same refusal letter. I have applied again and been through web form for reconsideration.. waiting for their response.

Nike20

Apr 29, 2020
I can’t understand! Unless they are choosing based on a certain selection criteria! That’s so bad!
I was full time student and never missed an hour!
Anyway I cannot work and I have to wait for the decision after my new application and it takes more than 3 months!

Did you apply for a restoration and a new PGWP?
Did you get it?

Nike20

Apr 29, 2020
Hi i got the same refusal letter. I have applied again and been through web form for reconsideration.. waiting for their response.
Hi,
I tried appealing and included a letter of explanation. I was asked to reapply and include a different information or additional information. I’m not sure what the additional document is

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
That's bad.

Can you guys give me some input on my case? My PGWP is still under process as of now and has not been refused yet. I applied last Jan 16. Today is the 90th day since I applied. I am also working fulltime under an "implied status".

The problem is this, I was not able to do my biometrics before and the biometrics request letter they gave me has expired already - it is valid for only 30 days. I cannot do my biometrics now because Service Canada is closed.

I dont know if this will be a cause of my applicatoin being refused. I looked at the IRCC website and it says they are extending the deadline to do the biometrics for another 90 days however I am not sure if this applies to me.

Any thoughts?
Hey ,
So did you get your PGWP ? Any updates ?

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
I graduated in April 2020 from my 2 year post graduate program and I was throughout till now without any break and completed the program just in time. I got overall 74%. I was full-time student in each & every of the semester. However, I withdrew 2 courses out of 5 in my last week of first semester but still I was considered full time in that semester as per my college policy & regulation guidelines. Thus, I retook them in my second semester & completed successfully. Will it create any issue in my PGWP application as they will see I withdrew 2 courses in my first semester as on my transcript, even though I was considered full time student?
My college told me that in the PGWP letter from them they will mention that I was full-time student throughout the 2 year program.

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
I Came to Canada on October 2017 as a student and studied for 2 complete years at a College in Montreal, QC. I finished my studies on October --, 2019 I got my final transcript and a final letter from the college.

I applied on the same day for a Post graduation work permit, and waited till I got an answer (Starting January --, 2020, I was in implied status, as my study and work permit and student visa all expired on December --, 2019)
On February --, 2020, I got a reply from CIC, and they said the following:

" Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
  • Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at University, community college, CEGEP,
  • publicly funded trade/technical school or
  • private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
As you do not meet this requirement, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category."

After the college registrar office looked into this issue!
They discovered that the transcript shows as if I missed some semesters, and that's because in their system, if a grade has been entered late in the system it will be entered in the coming semester and not the actual semester.
Therefor the college corrected the transcript and gave me an explanation letter, then we sent a reconsideration letter on February --, 2020.
10 days later, I received a new letter from CIC, Saying:

"This letter is in response to the receipt of additional submissions dated February --, 2020, pertaining to your application for a Work Permit that was received on November --, 2019.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated February --, 2020, thereby fully concluding your application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your application remains unchanged."

We already sent a new application on February --, 2020, including a status restoration, a PGWP and a study permit.

Now I should wait for 3 month to get an answer. During this period I will be out of status.

Based on my brief explanation, and I assure you I was a Full time Student and Have never missed an hour during my 2 years of study.
Do you think that the new PGWP application will be accepted?
As the college has explained the issue and gave me a new transcript, although that document was sent along with the reconsideration letter to the CIC, and the refusal decision has not been changed!

Any suggestions or any other options that I have to look for?

Thank you a lot.
Hey! Sorry that you have to go through such unfair circumstances!I am also somewhat in similar situation. Could you please tell me how did you send your request for reconsideration? Was it through webform?

basslb

May 9, 2017
Hey! Sorry that you have to go through such unfair circumstances!I am also somewhat in similar situation. Could you please tell me how did you send your request for reconsideration? Was it through webform?
Hey! No NOT through the webform. Webform is to contact them! You should fill a new application and pay the fees for the application and the restoration of status.
As for me, I did all this through a representative who mailed my application and until now, it's been 3 months, and I did not hear from them anything!

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
Hey! No NOT through the webform. Webform is to contact them! You should fill a new application and pay the fees for the application and the restoration of status.
As for me, I did all this through a representative who mailed my application and until now, it's been 3 months, and I did not hear from them anything!
Thanks for your response. When you sent reconsideration request what was the mode? I did not understand when you said reconsideration letter!?

basslb

May 9, 2017
My representative sent a reconsideration letter to explain that the mistake was done by the college, so that the IRCC may revert their refusal decision! But they did not change their decision! So I had to apply for restoration and another new PGWP! and no response till now, it's been 3 months that they receive my paper application. Nothing at all!

Richii

Apr 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
My representative sent a reconsideration letter to explain that the mistake was done by the college, so that the IRCC may revert their refusal decision! But they did not change their decision! So I had to apply for restoration and another new PGWP! and no response till now, it's been 3 months that they receive my paper application. Nothing at all!
I also applied for restoration and PGWP on jan 2nd. I haven’t heard anything about my application till now.

basslb

May 9, 2017
I also applied for restoration and PGWP on jan 2nd. I haven’t heard anything about my application till now.
Ohh! Jan 2nd and nothing till now! Seems it might take more than 5 months!
Did you sent your application by mail or did you apply online ?
Please keep us updated if you get a reply! as you applied in January, so you might get a response before me.

Richii

Apr 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
Ohh! Jan 2nd and nothing till now! Seems it might take more than 5 months!
Did you sent your application by mail or did you apply online ?
Please keep us updated if you get a reply! as you applied in January, so you might get a response before me.
Sure. I will keep you updated.
I applied by mail.

tlequang

Nov 24, 2019
I Came to Canada on October 2017 as a student and studied for 2 complete years at a College in Montreal, QC. I finished my studies on October --, 2019 I got my final transcript and a final letter from the college.

I applied on the same day for a Post graduation work permit, and waited till I got an answer (Starting January --, 2020, I was in implied status, as my study and work permit and student visa all expired on December --, 2019)
On February --, 2020, I got a reply from CIC, and they said the following:

" Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
  • Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at University, community college, CEGEP,
  • publicly funded trade/technical school or
  • private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
As you do not meet this requirement, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category."

After the college registrar office looked into this issue!
They discovered that the transcript shows as if I missed some semesters, and that's because in their system, if a grade has been entered late in the system it will be entered in the coming semester and not the actual semester.
Therefor the college corrected the transcript and gave me an explanation letter, then we sent a reconsideration letter on February --, 2020.
10 days later, I received a new letter from CIC, Saying:

"This letter is in response to the receipt of additional submissions dated February --, 2020, pertaining to your application for a Work Permit that was received on November --, 2019.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated February --, 2020, thereby fully concluding your application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your application remains unchanged."

We already sent a new application on February --, 2020, including a status restoration, a PGWP and a study permit.

Now I should wait for 3 month to get an answer. During this period I will be out of status.

Based on my brief explanation, and I assure you I was a Full time Student and Have never missed an hour during my 2 years of study.
Do you think that the new PGWP application will be accepted?
As the college has explained the issue and gave me a new transcript, although that document was sent along with the reconsideration letter to the CIC, and the refusal decision has not been changed!

Any suggestions or any other options that I have to look for?

Thank you a lot.
Sorry to hear that! Did you get it eventually?

Correct me if I misunderstand it... You received your transcript and didn't take a look before applying for PGWP?

I'm not on anyone's side, but the first thing I do (when I received my transcript) is to check my transcripts and make sure the transcript is valid and correctly stated. I mean a normal person can find inconsistencies on the transcript and double check with the school first maybe. Just my 2 cents.