+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused, because of a mistake in the College Transcript!

Mar 9, 2020
Did you ask any lawyer about this issue? Did you hear about anyone that has been accepted after a 1st refusal?

Keep us updated anyway
No! I spoke to the international student consultant in the University and applied for restoration of status.

Can you provide me the timeline for your Reconsideration request? I mean which date did you apply for reconsideration? And did the status on your application change from refused to processing and then refused again? Or the status did not change at all?

basslb

May 9, 2017
No! I spoke to the international student consultant in the University and applied for restoration of status.

Can you provide me the timeline for your Reconsideration request? I mean which date did you apply for reconsideration? And did the status on your application change from refused to processing and then refused again? Or the status did not change at all?
I sent the reconsideration letter in February and they replied in about 10 days, the status did not change to processing! it just showed new message!

Did you apply for restoration to a student or to a visitor?

basslb

May 9, 2017
Restoration of Student visa and PGWP application
Did you attached a letter of explanation from the university? a new transcript that shows you were full time?

It is not fair all those stories, we shouldn't run into those problems at all, they could have asked us to send a proof, and if we don't then they can refuse!
That's so bad!

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Did you attached a letter of explanation from the university? a new transcript that shows you were full time?

It is not fair all those stories, we shouldn't run into those problems at all, they could have asked us to send a proof, and if we don't then they can refuse!
That's so bad!
Hey basslb, did you get any updates with your restoration? How long will restoration take?

basslb

May 9, 2017
Hey basslb, did you get any updates with your restoration? How long will restoration take?
Unfortunately nothing at all, it had been around 50 days that I've sent my paper application, and till now no news!
I understand that it may take them a lot of time to process the application, plus the issue of COVID-19 now! But I don't understand why we can't get at least a notice that the application has been received and there will be time to process it, that will assure us as applicants!

Anyway, will give updates whenever I get any news, please if you get any updates on your application, update us too.

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Unfortunately nothing at all, it had been around 50 days that I've sent my paper application, and till now no news!
I understand that it may take them a lot of time to process the application, plus the issue of COVID-19 now! But I don't understand why we can't get at least a notice that the application has been received and there will be time to process it, that will assure us as applicants!

Anyway, will give updates whenever I get any news, please if you get any updates on your application, update us too.
So what exactly does it mean if you are out of status and applying for restoration? I know it means I cannot work anymore right?

Does it also mean that we will go back as student permit? Then apply again for PGWP?

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
That's bad.

Can you guys give me some input on my case? My PGWP is still under process as of now and has not been refused yet. I applied last Jan 16. Today is the 90th day since I applied. I am also working fulltime under an "implied status".

The problem is this, I was not able to do my biometrics before and the biometrics request letter they gave me has expired already - it is valid for only 30 days. I cannot do my biometrics now because Service Canada is closed.

I dont know if this will be a cause of my applicatoin being refused. I looked at the IRCC website and it says they are extending the deadline to do the biometrics for another 90 days however I am not sure if this applies to me.

Any thoughts?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's bad.

Can you guys give me some input on my case? My PGWP is still under process as of now and has not been refused yet. I applied last Jan 16. Today is the 90th day since I applied. I am also working fulltime under an "implied status".

The problem is this, I was not able to do my biometrics before and the biometrics request letter they gave me has expired already - it is valid for only 30 days. I cannot do my biometrics now because Service Canada is closed.

I dont know if this will be a cause of my applicatoin being refused. I looked at the IRCC website and it says they are extending the deadline to do the biometrics for another 90 days however I am not sure if this applies to me.

Any thoughts?
IRCC has given an extension. Why wouldn't it apply to you? Common sense.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Because technically my letter expired on Feb 15, way before IRCC has announced their 90 extension?
Then you have no excuse. Not getting biometrics done on time was your own fault and nothing to do with COVID-19, as your deadline passed before Service Canada closed. Why didn't you get it done BEFORE expiry?