+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused because I wasn't a full time student but I was?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
If you are within Canada, call:

1-888-242-2100

Use the extension: 3-4-1-0 when the operator starts listing the menu. They work from 9am to 5pm eastern standard time, so keep that in mind. You should reach them pretty easily.

tessadfr

May 14, 2020
If you are within Canada, call:

1-888-242-2100

Use the extension: 3-4-1-0 when the operator starts listing the menu. They work from 9am to 5pm eastern standard time, so keep that in mind. You should reach them pretty easily.
Thank you very much! I did manage to reach someone at the very last minute, but I will try this next time I need to reach them since I am indeed within Canada.

From what I was told on the phone, I am indeed past both the limit for re-applying or contesting. However, she said that I should try to contest it with proof given that it was denied for reasons that were not actually accurate or valid. From there though, it will be up to them to decide if they do want to take the request for a reconsideration, which is entirely fair given that I am outside the time limit. I am waiting for all the justifying documents to arrive to send it to the IRCC right away. After hearing their decision, I will probably then decide what to do.

Thank you all so very much for your advice on such a messy situation. I sound like a broken record, but I truly appreciate it.

Reactions: kloppity

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, I understand now. That was October 21st.
You are beyond the 180 days to apply for a PGWP.

Thank you very much! I did manage to reach someone at the very last minute, but I will try this next time I need to reach them since I am indeed within Canada.

From what I was told on the phone, I am indeed past both the limit for re-applying or contesting. However, she said that I should try to contest it with proof given that it was denied for reasons that were not actually accurate or valid. From there though, it will be up to them to decide if they do want to take the request for a reconsideration, which is entirely fair given that I am outside the time limit. I am waiting for all the justifying documents to arrive to send it to the IRCC right away. After hearing their decision, I will probably then decide what to do.

Thank you all so very much for your advice on such a messy situation. I sound like a broken record, but I truly appreciate it.
You do need to leave Canada. A reconsideration request will take months and you have been in Canada illegally for over 3 months now.

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
Ircc doesnt expect sealed transcripts so you should have opened and scanned it and applied online, doesnt matter what your uni puts on the envelope, but thats passed now.

When did you receive notification of graduation? I think you are out of time to apply again so getting them to reconsider would be the only option.

Also unfortunately you are probably out of status at this point which is a serious issue as far and getting any kind of permit.
Bro . I applied for reconsideration after pgwp refusal. And yesterday i got corrospondance letter. I i cant expect result

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
Bro . I applied for reconsideration after pgwp refusal. And yesterday i got corrospondance letter. I i cant expect result
In my case i was full time my case was genuine. I started studying as follow
2018 winter first semester
2018 summer second semester
2018 fall official drop
2019 winter third semester
2019 summer third semester
2019 fall did two fail subject and passed
I am out of 180 days when i recieved refusal. Now applied for reconsideration and recieved corrrespondance letter. Dont know what will be results

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
Ircc doesnt expect sealed transcripts so you should have opened and scanned it and applied online, doesnt matter what your uni puts on the envelope, but thats passed now.

When did you receive notification of graduation? I think you are out of time to apply again so getting them to reconsider would be the only option.

Also unfortunately you are probably out of status at this point which is a serious issue as far and getting any kind of permit.
2018 fall official drop
I am out of 180 days when i recieved refusal. Now applied for reconsideration and recieved corrrespondance letter. Dont know what will be results

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
No. As I said, when you first received anything in writing confirming program completion.
2018 fall official drop