+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Paper Application

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Hello. I initially applied my pgwp on june 19th and I got a refusal on june 26th. I re applied again on july 11th and I am waiting now. The thing which concerns me is I got a correspondence letter this time which says that my biometric validity is till 2030 and I received this letter on 14th of july. If I got the correspondence letter, why is it still taking so much time for my final decision? Since this is my second time applying, I am very nervous this time.
I applied on May 4th for extension of pgwp still no decision. It got delayed by bimetrics. There is even worse sme people still dont have an answer from January

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
I applied on May 4th for extension of pgwp still no decision. It got delayed by bimetrics. There is even worse sme people still dont have an answer from January
Did you already have your biometrics with IRCC? what was your mode of application?

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
So you made new application online? What about your application made on 4th? It was paper right?
I made only one application on May 4th, then i received the biometrics letter but Service Canada offices were already closed...so my application stayed in hold because at the time they required Biometrics before processing the demand...
Since beginning of July people applying within canada for temporary resident status are exempt from giving biometrics so I assume they should be processing my application soon

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
I made only one application on May 4th, then i received the biometrics letter but Service Canada offices were already closed...so my application stayed in hold because at the time they required Biometrics before processing the demand...
Since beginning of July people applying within canada for temporary resident status are exempt from giving biometrics so I assume they should be processing my application soon
Ok Understood. In my case I was approved for pgwp for 15 months only. Then I hired immigration lawyer who reapplied on paper basis on 10 June. I wanted to link this application to my online account. Hence I called IRCC but it’s still not in the system yet.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Ok Understood. In my case I was approved for pgwp for 15 months only. Then I hired immigration lawyer who reapplied on paper basis on 10 June. I wanted to link this application to my online account. Hence I called IRCC but it’s still not in the system yet.
Why they approved for only 15months? The rules are clear for pgwp it just depends on the length of your program...then if your passport expires before the full eligible length they tell you that you can apply for extension when you renew your passport

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
Why they approved for only 15months? The rules are clear for pgwp it just depends on the length of your program...then if your passport expires before the full eligible length they tell you that you can apply for extension when you renew your passport
In my case university forgot to write program duration in completion certificate. Which is 2 years. Hence they only gave me 15 months instead of 3 years

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is no processing for paper applications at all at this time.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
It shows "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." in my online account.
Does it mean it will still be processed?

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Incorrect. There are some paper applications in processing like PGWP extensions. I contacted IRCC after the news where indicated they will no longer process paper apps and they confirmed that even though most aplicaciones can no longer be submitted on paper, some are still being received.

I applied on paper for my PGWP extension on July 20 but no AOR yet as these are the current instructions.