+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Paper Application

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
My pgwp was refused in Jan. I reapply it by paper application by the end of January, I sent the paper application on 31th Jan, and haven't received any email of received confirmation or letter for biometrics.
Did anyone try to apply pgwp by paper? How long will I get the received confirmation email and letter for biometrics.
I am really nervous because it's my second-time attempt and it will be my last chance.
Thanks in advance.

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hey there, they don’t usually update paper applicants by email correspondence if they’ve started working on your file. The best way to find out is call IRCC (1-888-242-2100) and ask them if you can get your application number for “x-y-z” application. They’ll surely let you know about it’s status. As mentioned above, if they’ve your application number; link it online to your CIC account (Do not do this in case you hired a legal representative). Hopefully it’s works out for you this time, good luck! :)

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hey there, they don’t usually update paper applicants by email correspondence if they’ve started working on your file. The best way to find out is call IRCC (1-888-242-2100) and ask them if you can get your application number for “x-y-z” application. They’ll surely let you know about it’s status. As mentioned above, if they’ve your application number; link it online to your CIC account (Do not do this in case you hired a legal representative). Hopefully it’s works out for you this time, good luck! :)
is this number used for all inquiries ?

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Thank you very much. But how can I get the letter for biometrics?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Because it's the second time I apply, I need to do restoration. The only way is to apply by paper. I cannot link online without the application number.
Have you actually tried and that is the case? There are usually multiple ways to link some with just name and passport details. You can also call IRCC and get any info you might need.

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Thank you very much. But how can I get the letter for biometrics?
It’s still something that’s kind of unclear that at what stage of process does IRCC asks for Biometrics after the introduction of mandatory biometrics on December 3rd last year. It’s either mostly in the beginning of process (right when they start working on it) or towards the end (after they’ve already made a decision). In your case it seems it’s the latter. But you never know it’s IRCC, they might ask for it tomorrow! Hopefully everything works out for you just fine! :)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
My pgwp was refused in Jan. I reapply it by paper application by the end of January, I sent the paper application on 31th Jan, and haven't received any email of received confirmation or letter for biometrics.
Did anyone try to apply pgwp by paper? How long will I get the received confirmation email and letter for biometrics.
I am really nervous because it's my second-time attempt and it will be my last chance.
Thanks in advance.
Why was it rejected first ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Because it's the second time I apply, I need to do restoration. The only way is to apply by paper. I cannot link online without the application number.
Also to anyone else in the future it is not correct that you need to do paper for restoration & PGWP. You attach the extra forms under client info when making online application and make the payments separately.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Also to anyone else in the future it is not correct that you need to do paper for restoration & PGWP. You attach the extra forms under client info when making online application and make the payments separately.
When I called IRCC call centre, the agent told me to reapply by paper.