+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Paper Application

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Ah, we’re in the same boat! I applied in last week of January too (paper application as well)! No update after the background check was initiated in first week of February! I was told that it’s highly possible the officer assigned to my (in this case yours) hasn’t returned to his/her/its office. Also the biometrics part is still pending on our part. I never received the instruction letter either. In case of paper application, an officer has to manually initiate sending the instructions letter.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Ah, we’re in the same boat! I applied in last week of January too (paper application as well)! No update after the background check was initiated in first week of February! I was told that it’s highly possible the officer assigned to my (in this case yours) hasn’t returned to his/her/its office. Also the biometrics part is still pending on our part. I never received the instruction letter either. In case of paper application, an officer has to manually initiate sending the instructions letter.
I have called IRCC today, the agent told me nothing seems unusual of my case. He told me it is likely because of covid-19. The biometrics centre has shut off, so they stopped sending the biometrics letter temporarily.

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
I have called IRCC today, the agent told me nothing seems unusual of my case. He told me it is likely because of covid-19. The biometrics centre has shut off, so they stopped sending the biometrics letter temporarily.
Well that’s true, but following information you provided, your application was submitted before the pandemic started, so when the application was opened, ideally they should have sent the letter within 3 days as in case of online application (except for online applications the instruction letter is automatically sent by the system). Hope it answers your concern!

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
Hello . I also reapplied via paper application on 10 June. When I called today to ask for application number in order to link it with online account they said it’s still not in the system. Could you please tell me after how much time you were able to link it?

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
Hey there, they don’t usually update paper applicants by email correspondence if they’ve started working on your file. The best way to find out is call IRCC (1-888-242-2100) and ask them if you can get your application number for “x-y-z” application. They’ll surely let you know about it’s status. As mentioned above, if they’ve your application number; link it online to your CIC account (Do not do this in case you hired a legal representative). Hopefully it’s works out for you this time, good luck! :)
Hello . I also reapplied via paper application on 10 June. When I called today to ask for application number in order to link it with online account they said it’s still not in the system. Could you please tell me after how much time you were able to link it?

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
[/QUOTE
Hey, it’ll probably take longer than usual for them to put your application in system. Was your application made from within Canada? I believe within Canada they weren’t working on paper application submitted after the pandemic started until recently. At the same time, there have been cases where IRCC will work on a paper application without uploading all the information online. Good luck hope it works out for you!

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
Hey, it’ll probably take longer than usual for them to put your application in system. Was your application made from within Canada? I believe within Canada they weren’t working on paper application submitted after the pandemic started until recently. At the same time, there have been cases where IRCC will work on a paper application without uploading all the information online. Good luck hope it works out for you!
Thank you for the info! Yes my application was submitted within Canada.

Naaz1

Jul 7, 2020
Hello. I initially applied my pgwp on june 19th and I got a refusal on june 26th. I re applied again on july 11th and I am waiting now. The thing which concerns me is I got a correspondence letter this time which says that my biometric validity is till 2030 and I received this letter on 14th of july. If I got the correspondence letter, why is it still taking so much time for my final decision? Since this is my second time applying, I am very nervous this time.

vkottawa

Apr 25, 2020
Hello. I initially applied my pgwp on june 19th and I got a refusal on june 26th. I re applied again on july 11th and I am waiting now. The thing which concerns me is I got a correspondence letter this time which says that my biometric validity is till 2030 and I received this letter on 14th of july. If I got the correspondence letter, why is it still taking so much time for my final decision? Since this is my second time applying, I am very nervous this time.
Did you apply online or paper?