+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP New Rules Co-op Student Will be effected or Not?

Sukhpreet97

Sep 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am currently enrolled in a three-year program at Georgian College. I have three mandatory co-op terms in three period which has to be completed in order to graduate from college. I was not able to secure my co-op position in fall 2016, although I was very very active in the job search. So, here is my question to all expertise at this forum, Would new rule effect my eligibility of PGWP or not? Since I never dropped my co-op intentionally and it was not my fault for not getting any job. On my college transcript, it has been marked WD means withdrawal. Ok that`s it, my friend met with international co-op consultant, they said it will not make any negative impact because you were active in the job search.

Please post what your thoughts are on this thread. Provide some necessary information what we can do about it.
Thank you

Sukhpreet97

Sep 20, 2017
  • studied in a program that was less than eight months long
  • studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)

Chan1997

Aug 28, 2017
Hii
Hello Everyone,
I am currently enrolled in a three-year program at Georgian College. I have three mandatory co-op terms in three period which has to be completed in order to graduate from college. I was not able to secure my co-op position in fall 2016, although I was very very active in the job search. So, here is my question to all expertise at this forum, Would new rule effect my eligibility of PGWP or not? Since I never dropped my co-op intentionally and it was not my fault for not getting any job. On my college transcript, it has been marked WD means withdrawal. Ok that`s it, my friend met with international co-op consultant, they said it will not make any negative impact because you were active in the job search.

Please post what your thoughts are on this thread. Provide some necessary information what we can do about it.
Thank you
so did u got any perfect answer as i am in same college and same condition

Sukhpreet97

Sep 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am currently enrolled in a three-year program at Georgian College. I was not able to secure my co-op position in fall 2016, although I was very very active in the job search. So, here is my question to all expertise at this forum, Will new rule affect my eligibility of PGWP or not? Since I never dropped my co-op intentionally and it was not my fault for not getting any job. On my college transcript, it has been marked WD means withdrawal.
You aren’t eligible to apply for a PGWP if you:

• studied in a program that was less than eight months long
  • studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
Hello

Which program are you taking? Did you apply the PGWP yet? I am in the same situation, Could you tell me how did it go for you? Than you.