+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension

junaid.jalal

Jan 3, 2021
I think in your case it would be a) because c) sounds like your PGWP has expired already
Hey, thanks for the reply. The permit is expiring on the 11th of Feb, so it is still valid for a couple of weeks. Don't think it is C or D. A might apply to closed work permit holders changing their jobs. My best guess is it will be B.

nikhita

Aug 3, 2018
Hey, thanks for the reply. The permit is expiring on the 11th of Feb, so it is still valid for a couple of weeks. Don't think it is C or D. A might apply to closed work permit holders changing their jobs. My best guess is it will be B.
Can you share the draft of the letter which needs to submit with the application if you submit the application,please?

junaid.jalal

Jan 3, 2021
Can you share the draft of the letter which needs to submit with the application if you submit the application,please?
Posting below for what I have written so far. It is specific to my case so not really a standard format. Please share if you find a standard format that is absoluetely required by IRCC for this letter.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

<FULL NAME>

<ADDRESS>

To:

The Visa officer,

IRCC Canada

Subject: Application for an Open Work Permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders

Respected Sir/Ma’am,

I, <Name> currently residing in Canada on a post-graduate work permit (<permit number>, attached below) that is set to expire on the <expiry of wp date>, am putting forth this application for an open work permit under the public policy that is in effect starting 27th January 2021. I have read the guidelines as part of this policy and understand that I am eligible for a one-time open work permit for upto 18 months. I am thankful for this opportunity and would want to provide some additional information about my current status and history in Canada.

I first landed in Canada in the <date of first entry> on a study permit and completed my <course and university>. After my graduation, I was granted a <length> post-graduate work permit in <date>. It was difficult to find work initially due to lockdown and I was hired very late into my one year of eligible period in Canada. I started working as an <employment details if available>. My contract is attached towards the end of this document. Hence, I request for a timely processing of my application that will allow me to continue working.

<PR Application info if any>I would like to bring to your attention that my Permanent Residence application (<application number>) is currently under processing, since the <date of AOR>. Due to COVID the application has not been processed yet and taking longer than usual. I am attaching an acknowledgement of receipt from my PR application below for you reference.

I believe that the information I have provided is adequate and in detail and hope for a positive and favorable consideration of my application.

Yours faithfully,

<Your name>

nikhita

Aug 3, 2018
Posting below for what I have written so far. It is specific to my case so not really a standard format. Please share if you find a standard format that is absoluetely required by IRCC for this letter.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

<FULL NAME>

<ADDRESS>

To:

The Visa officer,

IRCC Canada

Subject: Application for an Open Work Permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders

Respected Sir/Ma’am,

I, <Name> currently residing in Canada on a post-graduate work permit (<permit number>, attached below) that is set to expire on the <expiry of wp date>, am putting forth this application for an open work permit under the public policy that is in effect starting 27th January 2021. I have read the guidelines as part of this policy and understand that I am eligible for a one-time open work permit for upto 18 months. I am thankful for this opportunity and would want to provide some additional information about my current status and history in Canada.

I first landed in Canada in the <date of first entry> on a study permit and completed my <course and university>. After my graduation, I was granted a <length> post-graduate work permit in <date>. It was difficult to find work initially due to lockdown and I was hired very late into my one year of eligible period in Canada. I started working as an <employment details if available>. My contract is attached towards the end of this document. Hence, I request for a timely processing of my application that will allow me to continue working.

<PR Application info if any>I would like to bring to your attention that my Permanent Residence application (<application number>) is currently under processing, since the <date of AOR>. Due to COVID the application has not been processed yet and taking longer than usual. I am attaching an acknowledgement of receipt from my PR application below for you reference.

I believe that the information I have provided is adequate and in detail and hope for a positive and favorable consideration of my application.

Yours faithfully,

<Your name>
Thank you..I will surely if i will find one.

Mariyam Varghese

Jan 29, 2018
May 2022 can't apply right! thats really bad 2019 graduates also affected badly
"you have a PGWP that expired on or after Jan. 30, 2020, or a PGWP that expires in four months or less from the application date"

the "after Jan 30, 2020" one confused me. because it could also mean my case May 2022. Will wait and see

Reactions: Jonguk

George R

May 22, 2021
Hi, can anyone please help me to clarify this?

For the Question 3 of the form imm5710e there are 4 options:
a) Apply for Work Permit with the same employer
b) Apply for a Work Permit for the first time or with a new employer
c) Restore my status as a worker
d) Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissable applicants only)

I'm currently working in a company in Ontario so I guess I have to choose option a)
but, Would the PGWP extension be linked to my current employer? or it would be open.

I'm thinking to move to another company so I really would like to have the freedom to move but I don't have anything concrete yet.
Could you please advice what would it be my best option to get the PGWP Extension Open if I have already an employer.

Thanks

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi, can anyone please help me to clarify this?

For the Question 3 of the form imm5710e there are 4 options:
a) Apply for Work Permit with the same employer
b) Apply for a Work Permit for the first time or with a new employer
c) Restore my status as a worker
d) Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissable applicants only)

I'm currently working in a company in Ontario so I guess I have to choose option a)
but, Would the PGWP extension be linked to my current employer? or it would be open.

I'm thinking to move to another company so I really would like to have the freedom to move but I don't have anything concrete yet.
Could you please advice what would it be my best option to get the PGWP Extension Open if I have already an employer.

Thanks
Hey it should be (c) since you’re restoring your status as worker
PGWP cannot be linked to a specific employer.