+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding the new policy of PGWP extension. Let's say if my PGWP is expired in 2022. Am I eligible for this application?

I am asking because this would help me gain more points as I will increase my year of working in Canada (sitting at 437 CRS right now with 1 year Canadian working experience).

Thank you

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding the new policy of PGWP extension. Let's say if my PGWP is expired in 2022. Am I eligible for this application?

I am asking because this would help me gain more points as I will increase my year of working in Canada (sitting at 437 CRS right now with 1 year Canadian working experience).

Thank you
Wait for the guidelines to be released on January 27, 2021.

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi guys,

Thank you
As per my knowledge this is only for those whose pgwp is expired or expiring in 4 months from mentioned dates. Max date expiration of permit is 27 nov 2020. Rest wait for 27 jan.

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
For extension, you should apply when your current PGWP is near expiring and one cannot apply more than 4 months ahead of the date of expiration. So there cannot be a "last date" to apply for a PGWP extension.

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
"you have a PGWP that expired on or after Jan. 30, 2020, or a PGWP that expires in four months or less from the application date"

the "after Jan 30, 2020" one confused me. because it could also mean my case May 2022. Will wait and see

Reactions: Mariyam Varghese

Sreesreesree1

Nov 4, 2020
IRCC website says the application to extend PGWP will be open from Jan 27 to July 27 2021. And we cannot apply more than 4 month ahead . That means if your work permit is being expired before December 2021 , you are eligible to apply . This is what I understood.

Reactions: bobalos

junaid.jalal

Jan 3, 2021
I'm in the middle of applying and have a question regarding the 3rd section of the application form IMM5710E.

Which option do I select for the question : "I am applying for the following" -

a) Apply for Work Permit with the same employer
b) Apply for a Work Permit for the first time or with a new employer
c) Restore my status as a worker
d) Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissable applicants only)

I'm on my PGWP that's expiring on Feb 2021, so I'm eligible. I'm working as a sole-proprietor.

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
I'm in the middle of applying and have a question regarding the 3rd section of the application form IMM5710E.

Which option do I select for the question : "I am applying for the following" -

a) Apply for Work Permit with the same employer
b) Apply for a Work Permit for the first time or with a new employer
c) Restore my status as a worker
d) Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissable applicants only)

I'm on my PGWP that's expiring on Feb 2021, so I'm eligible. I'm working as a sole-proprietor.
I think in your case it would be a) because c) sounds like your PGWP has expired already