+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Question

IseeU

Aug 7, 2020
Hi All,

I finished my degree in Canada and got my PGWP. Regularly, I should get PGWP for 36 months. (from 2018,1.4 to 2021,1,4)
but, my PGWP validates for 32 months because of my passport expiry date. (2018.1/4 to 2020.9/2)
Right now, I am going to do a PGWP extension for that 4 months.
My question is that if I apply for PGWP extension, (currently, 90 days processing time), will IRCC officers offer me PGWP from 2020.11 to 2021.3? or, still from 2020.8 to 2020.1?

Thanks, All

Jo986

Jul 1, 2020
Are you applying within Canada and by paper? I am asking this cause I am back in my home country and mine is expiring this November (was given only until passport expiration) and wondering as an outland applicant, where am I supposed to send my application to. It is confusing because apparently IRCC has paused all paper applications until further notice...

TIA

IseeU

Aug 7, 2020
Are you applying within Canada and by paper? I am asking this cause I am back in my home country and mine is expiring this November (was given only until passport expiration) and wondering as an outland applicant, where am I supposed to send my application to. It is confusing because apparently IRCC has paused all paper applications until further notice...

TIA
PGWP has to be submitted by paper, and IRCC will accept it. I think.

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017

TIA
I submitted my ext paper application July 22 2020 and apparently they are supposed to still process paper applications for this type even when they say all paper applications won’t be processed until further notice. I contacted them via twitter prior and they said you may still use paper application. I feel it will take a very long time.. I don’t have an AOR yet

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
I submitted my ext paper application July 22 2020 and apparently they are supposed to still process paper applications for this type even when they say all paper applications won’t be processed until further notice. I contacted them via twitter prior and they said you may still use paper application. I feel it will take a very long time.. I don’t have an AOR yet
Did you receive your extension?

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
I did. On October 22 I received the approval (literally a miracle). Then, a week later, I got my permanent residence (LOL). I was playing safe but it turned out good! Good luck!
Thank you for your response. One last quick question. Do I have to take a printout on a bond paper? or would normal A4 sheet work?

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Just want to share my pgwp extension timeline.
Application may 5th
Was able to link it on May 29th
Approval November 16th valid till November 16 2021.

I was initially given 2 years and 6 months pgwp. To my surprise they gave me full one year extension. I hope it helps anyone who is in similar situation.

Reactions: Sandhugagan

Sandhugagan

Oct 5, 2020
I did. On October 22 I received the approval (literally a miracle). Then, a week later, I got my permanent residence (LOL). I was playing safe but it turned out good! Good luck!
Can you please tell me procedure for pgwp extension?

Sandhugagan

Oct 5, 2020
Just want to share my pgwp extension timeline.
Application may 5th
Was able to link it on May 29th
Approval November 16th valid till November 16 2021.

I was initially given 2 years and 6 months pgwp. To my surprise they gave me full one year extension. I hope it helps anyone who is in similar situation.
Can you please tell me about procedure to extend PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you please tell me about procedure to extend PGWP?
You can only extend your PGWP if you did not receive the full duration of your PGWP due to passport expiry. In other words, if you were entitled to a 3 year PGWP but only received 1 year due to the expiry date on your passport. If you meet these conditions, then you should submit an application by paper to extend your PGWP.

Reactions: Sandhugagan