+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
So, in the IMM 5710 form there is question "What is your current country of residence" where it asks us to put the dates i.e. FROM and TO. Should I put the expiry date of my PGWP or the date in the WP-EXT PGWP letter. Since we are in implied status what are you going to do in that case?

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
Hey guys,

So Mark Holthe had a meeting yesterday with IRCC, and IRCC said that if you applied to the extension before Aug 2, but after June 13, and you referred to this policy in your LOE, you don't need to do anything, they will make sure those applications are considered for this program.

You can watch the video here:

My question is: are people in this situation really not gonna do anything and wait? Or will you apply to this new one and restore your status?

Reactions: Fabiog

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Guys, for those who are in implied status, as there is no provision by law to Extend PGWP (until this policy came into effect), subsequently the extension (so called fake extension or BOWP methods to maintain status) will be refused. So it is recommended to put the day next to the date of submitting extension application (if you're applying on 06th Aug then put "TO" date as 07th Aug and ATTACH EXPLANATION FOR SAYING THIS DATE IN LOE) in the column "TO". This was also advised by Consultant Kubeir in his live video today. This is because we might not know when this fake extension are going to be REFUSED or REJECTED. explain this is LOE.

And if you are applying from outside pls put your current actual country of residence.

And NEVER WITHDRAW ANY PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THIS WORK PERMIT COPY ON HAND!!

Please follow the guide https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#restoration. Everything is crystal clear and straightforward.

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: Isabat

Sriram03

Dec 22, 2020
Guys, for those who are in implied status, as there is no provision by law to Extend PGWP (until this policy came into effect), subsequently the extension (so called fake extension or BOWP methods to maintain status) will be refused. So it is recommended to put the day next to the date of submitting extension application (if you're applying on 06th Aug then put "TO" date as 07th Aug and ATTACH EXPLANATION FOR SAYING THIS DATE IN LOE) in the column "TO". This was also advised by Consultant Kubeir in his live video today. This is because we might not know when this fake extension are going to be REFUSED or REJECTED. explain this is LOE.

And if you are applying from outside pls put your current actual country of residence.

And NEVER WITHDRAW ANY PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THIS WORK PERMIT COPY ON HAND!!

Please follow the guide https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#restoration. Everything is crystal clear and straightforward.

Hope this helps!!

Hi Vignesh,

I'm on a similar boat and here's my understanding from your reply - Do not withdraw the dummy BOWP extension application and file a new application under the public policy. If that's the case, there's gonna be 2 active applications for a work permit extension and I can continue working until a decision is made on the 2nd application? Is that correct?

Thanks

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hi Vignesh,

I'm on a similar boat and here's my understanding from your reply - Do not withdraw the dummy BOWP extension application and file a new application under the public policy. If that's the case, there's gonna be 2 active applications for a work permit extension and I can continue working until a decision is made on the 2nd application? Is that correct?

Thanks
Hi, I am not sure about that. Pls consult with a lawyer as it's very critical situation and surf IRCC websites about this, I think info might be available. Please don't worry as everyone will be receiving authorization to work starting tomorrow irrespective of application (only if pgwp expiring before 1st Oct 2022).

Kvin095

Aug 8, 2022
I applied for the extension while my pgwp was still valid but I haven’t received any letter for being on maintained status after it expires. The only letter I received is a submission confirmation. Has anyone received any letter that says we are on maintained status and can keep working?

Last edited:

Vrushalim_19

Aug 9, 2022
I am in a bit of a situation here. Any help would be appreciated:

I applied online for my PGWP in 2019 but I had a family emergency so I had to travel and needed my visa and PGWP before my study permit expired.
So, I applied in person at a port of entry (flag-polled) and got my PGWP. My online application was cancelled because I already received my permit at the border. My permit expires after Oct 2, 2022 but I haven't received any letter yet.

Now, my permit isn't reflecting on my CIC account. It says- "cancelled" besides my application. I tried linking it using all the possible combinations of Application number, UCI, Name, Passport, but it isn't showing up.

I am eligible under the special public policy of PGWP extension but I fear that because of the cancelled application, I might not be able to get an extension.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I applied for the extension, wish there was a section where i could upload the expired PGWP so that its easier for them to review. i feel like it will take longer time because this application is for OWP and they need to verify that i had expired PGWP in the time period eligible.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
I applied for the extension, wish there was a section where i could upload the expired PGWP so that its easier for them to review. i feel like it will take longer time because this application is for OWP and they need to verify that i had expired PGWP in the time period eligible.
No need to upload because they can check your history(and applications) using your UCI number. If you really do want to upload the expired pgwp then include it in the client information section in one big document.